Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Most infamous or well-known events/bugs/exploits in WoW's history?

This could be an interesting thread. What are the most infamous or well-known events/bugs/exploits/glitches/things that have happened in WoW's history?

Something like the Corrupted Blood Plague, 80s soloing MV, DKs killing friendly players, Reckoning bomb, Shandris Feathermoon, etc; crazy and infamous things that have happened in game.

What are the most well known ones?

The list I would put out there is (and yeah, slight bias towards more recent events...):
    -Corrupted Blood Plague
    -Reckoning Bomb
    -Saronite Bomb LK
    -Martin Fury
    -The Ice Stone has melted!
    -80s soloing MV
    -PvP vengeance in 4.3
    -Shandris Feathermoon Orgrimmar
    -Alliance AB gate jumping
    -Kazzak in Stormwind
    -Engineering MC tinker
    -DKs killing friendly players
    -Win trading Tol Barad
    -Hackers instantly killing hundreds of people in cities.

edit: added a few people brought up
    Last edited by Byniri; 2013-02-01 at 02:57 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    There was the brutal exploit in Vanilla where if you edited some gamefiles you could make the floor underneath the first boss in ahn'Qiraj disappear so you could jump straight to C'thun

Currupted Bloodplague and Reckoning Bomb probably most well known. 80's soloing MV didn't really seem that 'big' to me.......omg your avatar is ghost napa

Deleted
    Well there was some guild that got hold of the http://www.wowpedia.org/Martin_Thunder weapon under the ulduar-toc times, kiting world bosses to citys, like kazzak, he hade some aoe I think that healed him + made him stronger and a gm had to reset/kill him.

There was the one guy that got a Martin Fury in the mail from a GM on accident and used it to one-shot bosses.

BUG: The one that pissed me off the most over the years was the "You do not have permission to loot that corpse."
    EVENT: Obviously Blood Plague world event, it was even studied by scientists that study infectious disease.
    EXPLOIT: Probably the Arathi Basin jumping over the gate and capping points before the game started.

25HM LK + Saronite Bombs = the Lance Armstrong scandal of WoW

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    BUG: The one that pissed me off the most over the years was the "You do not have permission to loot that corpse."
    EVENT: Obviously Blood Plague world event, it was even studied by scientists that study infectious disease.
    EXPLOIT: Probably the Arathi Basin jumping over the gate and capping points before the game started.

The Blood Plague never really was an event more akin to a bug. That the spell could exist outside of ZG.

Lfr bans was pretty big/

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenmojo View Post
    The Blood Plague never really was an event more akin to a bug. That the spell could exist outside of ZG.
    Ah I was meaning the one that was at the start of wotlk i believe where you could pass the plague to everyone and kill entire towns as a zombie.

The day of the 52-talent Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Ah I was meaning the one that was at the start of wotlk i believe where you could pass the plague to everyone and kill entire towns as a zombie.
    That was the pre-launch event for Wrath. So much fun!

The Blood Plague bug happened because the plague wouldn't clear off of hunter and warlock pets upon leaving the zone, so it started spreading in the cities and elsewhere.

Deleted
    I remember in one of the TBC prepatches (may have been PTR) Warriors could stack Rampage infinitely by buffing it, zoning, buffing it again, zoning etc. I tried this, it was great fun to one-shot Lethon with like 3million AP.

Ha, if we're counting PTRs, then the no-cooldown Typhoon definitely qualifies. Boomkins running around bgs with macros that had /cast Typhoon repeated until the character limit - if they didn't oneshot you, the fall from the stacked knockback effect would finish you off.

The one I remember most fondly was the Brutallus Rampage on the 2.4 PTR.
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Deleted
    Oh right, that time some guys used some program or something and went rampage in major citys one night and killed everyone and everything, was just few months ago, was on the front page here even, donno what everyone called it tho.

How about the PW:Shield bug back in uhm.. 2.4 i think it was? You could hear it if the player was in the same zone never mind being near you
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Event:
    While not in game, the patch 2.3/2.4 (Can't remember which) Retribution rebuff changes when Blizzard failed to aknowledge the need for threat reduction and EU forums rose in righteous fury, making entire official forums spammed with topics of "Threat reduction?" and "Threat reduction" replies to any topic not related. In less than 24 hours threat reduction was modified into one of the existing talents with Blizzard adamantly claiming "No, the uproar had nothing to do with it! Serious!"

Bug:
    In 4.3 a bug with Paladin seal caused Retribution damage to triple at the very least.

Can't think of any exploits now that has not been yet covered.

Deleted
    Judging Seal of Crusader proccing a Black War Kodo. Good fun was had!

10+ Year Old Account
    Walljumping was always fun, before the remodel fixed it.

Getting into Old Ironforge / Karazhan Crypts (if you've never seen the Crypts, check it out on youtube. Scary stuff)
    ill probably be infracted for this post