Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    the orc shoulder armor bugg in TBC :P anyone whos main was an orc back then surely knows it.
    Ah, similar bug in TBC with the Plate Gladiator leg armour, where they looked like hotpants, and every Warrior in the game was running round in this hulking plate armour, with hotpants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what this would count as, but jumping out of the Eye of the Storm bubble befor the game starts.
    As many have mentioned befor, the ZG plague within cities, causing massive amounts of death.
    Getting below Karazhan and seeing the smiley face.
    Going into Karazhan Crypts.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Tauren hit boxes. SSC Tauren tanks were brillaint for kiting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Snake Trap bug. Went to a low level area and find a bunch of people playing then set a Snake Trap down on a mob. The trap would trigger, kill the mob and since the snakes were so high level all the low level people would aggro them (didn't matter if they were flagged or not) resulting in a lot of deaths.

Deleted
    There was a bug in well of eternity where you could fly on your mount. Bug/lag situation. Made some nice pics, wonder if they are still around on these forums somewhere.
    The glyph of pickpocket on gruul mobs turning people into huge ass monsters.
    The guild exploit in Elwyn forest

Deleted
    flying inside throne of the four winds with cloud serpents not sure if that really counts or if its "fixed" yet

Surprised no one has mentioned any of the following yet:

- Disgusting Oozling and clearing Debuffs (the stomach acid debuff on C'thun being the main one)

- Various fun interactions with items that procced spell damage / had spell like effects benefiting from +Spellpower / Healing Power Stats:
    = Like that one craftable cape in Vanilla that procced like 20 fire damage when someone hit you. You could get rogues to kill themselves on it if you stuck it on a mage who stacked +spelldamage (500 damage hits from it were not uncommon).
    = Or the flask trinket reward wariors got, that gave them a tiny 50 hp heal every 3 seconds that lasted for like 5 minutes! Pretty boring by itself, but you could equip your warrior in full +healing plate, use the item, then swap back to full warrior plate. Suddenly you were rolling a +400 every 3 second Heal over Time! When your average level 60 had around 2k hp, that was HUGE.

- In similar case to the cape item above: Stacking +spelldamage buffed damage shields on people. Buffed Thorns + Buffed Ret Arua = ability to completely ignore mele attackers because any mele stupid enough to hit you pretty much killed themselves.

- STACKABLE Spell Stealable auras that benefited from +Spelldamage: Mages spellstealing the Immolation aura from the Kobolds in the AV mines, then suicide bombing clumps of people. 4 or 5 stacks of the aura, all benefiting from +spelldamage = stuff around you just DIED.

- The dagger that did Magical damage on hit by accident, which Shaman could dual wield. +spellpower Enhance shaman running around slaughtering things was awesome while it lasted.

- The Strength of Earth stacking bug, where shaman in diremaul had some way to infinitely stack strength of earth buffs from totems, allowing them to reach insane levels of Str + Agi, to the point where they just oneshot stuff.

- Also, one of my personal favourites: Vanilla Warrior Sword Spec Proccing Windfury Proccing Swordspec Proccing Hand of Justice trinket Proccing (you get the idea). Used to have a screenshot of a warrior in my first guild hitting a rat in scholomance for over 3k damage from recursive procs.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2013-06-17 at 12:44 PM.

Wasn't there something going on that briefly made Thunderfury a relevant tanking weapon again at some point in Cata or MOP? I have only a vague recollection. Maybe it was a speculation that it would, not something that ever materialized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, befor I forget, there's a bug (atleast, I think it is a bug) in Tot4W, not sure if it has been fixed, where you can use your Cloud Serpent mounts to fly about IN te raid

Here is a link to my youtube video of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxoqi61Lerg
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Only had time to read the first 7 pages, but shocked nobody mentioned the boat going to Stonetalon during AQ opening event or Warlocks being able to enslave unlimited demons at once (all but last 1 became permanent) during Vanilla. The second one was fun, 2 warlock friends and I 3 manned Stormwind with an entire army of infernals.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Serenity Now Funeral Bomb.

Corrupted Blood
    Considering how much actual media and magazine articles/coverage this recieved outside.of WoW, I am surprised that page 7 has the first mention of the serenity now funeral bomb. I was around when they did it. But during the end of BC and beginning of Wrath I was in the guild. Only 4 or 5 of the original guys were still there but they were pretty cool guys. Funnest guild I was ever in.

Warlock calling Infernal, then not enslaving it + banish = AoE fire damage to everyone, including friendlies. It wasn't a lot of damage, but it was fire damage and could be used in SWP to clear shadow debuffs on the Eredar Twins (have to take fire damage). You could also banish it next to city guards and watch them get roasted slowly.

Speaking of roasting: you could drag certain non-combat pets through environmental damage (lava, fire, etc.) and get them killed.

First day warriors were able to dual-wield 2handed weapons and if they respecced to arms while still equipping these 2 weapons they were able to freaking bladestorm with these 2 weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Surprised no one has mentioned any of the following yet:

- Disgusting Oozling and clearing Debuffs (the stomach acid debuff on C'thun being the main one)

- Various fun interactions with items that procced spell damage / had spell like effects benefiting from +Spellpower / Healing Power Stats:
    = Like that one craftable cape in Vanilla that procced like 20 fire damage when someone hit you. You could get rogues to kill themselves on it if you stuck it on a mage who stacked +spelldamage (500 damage hits from it were not uncommon).
    = Or the flask trinket reward wariors got, that gave them a tiny 50 hp heal every 3 seconds that lasted for like 5 minutes! Pretty boring by itself, but you could equip your warrior in full +healing plate, use the item, then swap back to full warrior plate. Suddenly you were rolling a +400 every 3 second Heal over Time! When your average level 60 had around 2k hp, that was HUGE.

- In similar case to the cape item above: Stacking +spelldamage buffed damage shields on people. Buffed Thorns + Buffed Ret Arua = ability to completely ignore mele attackers because any mele stupid enough to hit you pretty much killed themselves.

- STACKABLE Spell Stealable auras that benefited from +Spelldamage: Mages spellstealing the Immolation aura from the Kobolds in the AV mines, then suicide bombing clumps of people. 4 or 5 stacks of the aura, all benefiting from +spelldamage = stuff around you just DIED.

- The dagger that did Magical damage on hit by accident, which Shaman could dual wield. +spellpower Enhance shaman running around slaughtering things was awesome while it lasted.

- The Strength of Earth stacking bug, where shaman in diremaul had some way to infinitely stack strength of earth buffs from totems, allowing them to reach insane levels of Str + Agi, to the point where they just oneshot stuff.

- Also, one of my personal favourites: Vanilla Warrior Sword Spec Proccing Windfury Proccing Swordspec Proccing Hand of Justice trinket Proccing (you get the idea). Used to have a screenshot of a warrior in my first guild hitting a rat in scholomance for over 3k damage from recursive procs.
    Yeh that warrior one also worked with thunderfury windfury and hoj when that item first came out. There was a video with that very thunderfury and people 3manning ubrs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Log6I-eEKXE.

Dammit. I'm trying to find a vid of Brutallus enslaved, but I can't find a good one. But basically, Brutallus was normally in the Isle (where you did daily quests), and he'd rant/rave/zone yell at you, but he wasn't attackable or reachable by players. Then someone figured out how to wall jump and get to him. Then warlocks figured out that they could enslave him once they got close enough. Then hilarity ensued.

It got hotfixed VERY quickly though.

Try googeling:
    Demon children of goldshire
    Challe - troll baby cannibal

10+ Year Old Account
    The actual infamy of any event in WoWs history are going to be blown out of proportion by the simple fact of the Community existing on the internet. Leeroy Jenkins would not have been even a footnote had it occured in todays game. The War Effort against the Qiraji would likely have been seen as a horribly tedious waste of items that could have been sold on the Auction House. The Scourgewar would have seemed like a mindless rep grind or a "Clear sign" of Blizzard embracing Gold Farmers (since you could either repgrind to get in or buy your way in).

That said, the "Moar Dots" video - for me - as I vividly remember the raiding world back then and the amount of people that quote that video like they have any sort of clue always makes me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

remembered one more, perhaps not as famous - rogues using explosive sheeps to kill level 1 in the starting zones, was pretty hilarious since you couldn't tell a normal sheep critter from the explosive one

I saw a sceenshot of someone who managed to get to ogrimar with the debuff from spine of deathwing that wipes the raid if it isn't dispelled.

There were a LOT of bodies in that screenie.

Deleted
    Strangely, the only one that springs to mind, was during the Mists Beta, one of the builds made all Blood Elves do their /Dance really really slowly all the time. even when mounted & such, was REALLY REALLY REALLY annoying.