Deleted

Saving ElvUI profiles

Due to the legendary questline, I had to go win the two new BGs, however, whenever I tried to queue specifically for Kotgomu and Silvershard, I'd get a "Join as a group failed" error. So I contacted Blizzard, and of course, they told me to delete Cache, WTF and Interface files and to remove all addons. My problem though is, if I remove ElvUI, how will I save the profiles I have? Will I have to build them from scratch again?

Don't delete any of your addons. When you're on the character selection screen, click the Add Ons button and then click Disable All, click OK. You will now be running as if you had no addons installed.

Then, you can re-enable one by one until you figure out which add on is causing your problem.

This way you can run without add ons and you don't have to worry about restoring your profiles after.

Another option would be to make a backup copy of your WTF and Addons folders, then delete your addons. Once you're ready to re-enable them, copy the files from your backup location and your profiles will be there.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-01-31 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeConqueror View Post
    Don't delete any of your addons. When you're on the character selection screen, click the Add Ons button and then click Disable All, click OK. You will now be running as if you had no addons installed.

Then, you can re-enable one by one until you figure out which add on is causing your problem.

This way you can run without add ons and you don't have to worry about restoring your profiles after.

Another option would be to make a backup copy of your WTF and Addons folders, then delete your addons. Once you're ready to re-enable them, copy the files from your backup location and your profiles will be there.
    I tried disabling all the addons, but the problem remains. The game master who answered me said that disabling addons might not work so I should remove all the addons I could find.

If you haven't already deleted your add-ons, cache, and WTF folders, copy them out to your desktop before you do. That way you can always pull the specific files back over once you've isolated the real issue.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

I had this issue when 5.0 was first released. Try toggling/removing your blacklisted battlegrounds.