Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is most definitely going to be some cannibalisation of WOW subscribers when Titan launches and most people will not have time to play both. I think he is overly pessimistic about the sub numbers, however there is every chance that by Q2 2014 we will be in the middle of another year long period of no content between expansions.
    some maybe but theres no reason to assume that titan will be anything like wow also all signs point to it being free to play with ingame ads.

    also it would only be about wow if he didnt claim one of his reasons for stating wow will continue to go down to 6 million is an old article where he pretty much says "guild wars 2 is gonna kill wow guys" hes also been wrong multiple times if you go back and look at his other posts where he tries to estimate where wow subs will be.

    at the end of the day hes just a hater trying to hide behind a small amount of evidence that really means nothing about the quality of the game which is where his basis comes from "why would anyone want to play an old game for money when people could play guild wars 2 which is better in pretty much everyway and is free"
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  2. #222
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Please give us your detailed analysis on why the author is wrong. Do you think that WOW will gain subscribers over the next couple of years or will they continue to decline? If you believe, and others, that believe the author is so wrong then I suggest you ignore his advice and invest in ATVI and in a couple of years not only will you have the satisfaction proving him wrong you will also have made a profit.
    Benbos has already pointed out why the article shouldn't be taken seriously.

    ATVI-stock won't grow and might decline, but the reasoning and his article can still be highly biased and full of nonsense.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Benbos has already pointed out why the article shouldn't be taken seriously.

    ATVI-stock won't grow and might decline, but the reasoning and his article can still be highly biased and full of nonsense.
    No he didn't.

    Right so you agree with the article but it is biased and full of nonsense?!?

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No he didn't.

    Right so you agree with the article but it is biased and full of nonsense?!?
    A broken clock still shows the right time twice a day. That doesn't make it useful.

  5. #225
    Damn Pann, you have so much patience to deal with these people. They have been throwing insults at the guy, posting that person's picture for others to judge on his appearance, and then ignoring the questions that would show everyone else how full of shit they are compared to guy who wrote the article.

    Good luck dude, here's to hoping you actually get a decent debate.

  6. #226
    WoW's subs are going to keep declining, i dont think we are going to see another boom until the next expansion comes out and this is because there are soo many MMO's that just got released and even more underdevelopment that are going to make subbers question weither or not they still want to pay for the game. Then you have ppl that just naturally stop playing MMO's and move on with their lives. Also is the new generation of kids growing up really paying attention to WoW? I was a person that was introduced to blizzard games in 5th grade. Starcraft and Diablo 2 got released which my friends introduced to me and i ended up playing those. Then i played Warcraft 2, Warcraft 3 etc etc. But the new generation, my little brother for example, he's a higherschooler now but in elementary school i got him to play a little maplestory, in middle school he started playing runescape, and some other F2p games. And i think alot of younger ppl play LoL and moba type games. Also younger ppl are into shooters as my little brother who is now in highschool plays battlefield and CoD when ever he's over at my dads house.

    He thinks WoW and GW2 are crap games. I think the playerbase will keep declining slowly and will prolly see a burst when the next expansion comes out and then keep declining again. The market is too saturated with the product. One game cant keep pulling in all the potential new players.

  7. #227
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    No he didn't.
    Through my research, I never read a single comment from a player who had re-found his love for the game, and/or believes the game is superior to Guild Wars 2.
    Why pay money for an old game when you can play a superior game (Guild Wars 2) for free, or have fun with the casual-friendly Leagues of Legends?

    When a "stock-analyst" starts with nonsense like that, people should stop taking him seriously.
    His article had as much depth as the average forumpost: None.
    An analyst should be objective and leave his own opinion out of the article, but he is unable to do that.

    Right so you agree with the article but it is biased and full of nonsense?!?
    I believe that the stock will suffer and that subscription-numbers will decline.
    That doesn't mean that the article isn't biased or is making any sense.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Through my research, I never read a single comment from a player who had re-found his love for the game, and/or believes the game is superior to Guild Wars 2.
    Why pay money for an old game when you can play a superior game (Guild Wars 2) for free, or have fun with the casual-friendly Leagues of Legends?

    When a "stock-analyst" starts with nonsense like that, people should stop taking him seriously.
    His article had as much depth as the average forumpost: None.
    An analyst should be objective and leave his own opinion out of the article, but he is unable to do that.


    I believe that the stock will suffer and that subscription-numbers will decline.
    That doesn't mean that the article isn't biased or is making any sense.
    Well why would a new player pick WOW over cheaper, newer alternatives? If you're going to focus on one quote in order to try and rubbish the article please back it up. I have played WOW since the release of TBC and for the most part I have enjoyed that time but I had not played WOW and I was looking for a new online game to play I would not pick it. Why would anyone spend in the region of £80 plus a monthly sub to play an eight year old game when they could pick up GW2 for less than half the price without a monthly sub? It has nothing to do with the relative quality of each title but the price for a new player is a massive stumbling block therefore his statement is not nonsense.

    So again you agree with the overall message of the article but it does not make sense and is biased?!?

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    When a "stock-analyst" starts with nonsense like that, people should stop taking him seriously.
    His article had as much depth as the average forumpost: None.
    An analyst should be objective and leave his own opinion out of the article, but he is unable to do that.
    I believe that the stock will suffer and that subscription-numbers will decline.
    That doesn't mean that the article isn't biased or is making any sense.
    Thank you for the common sense.

    The site in question is just a place where anyone can free register and post opinion pieces. If the site owners review an article and think it will generate hits, they publish it. Content farm sites are a dime a dozen.
    The author is a student who likes video games and writes articles on what he thinks about their companies. And a few other topics, too, none of them with much depth. Unlike a professional analyst, he is not contacting inside sources, conducting polling, or doing any of the activities that give analysts their very rare strokes of insight.

    Do I think he's right or wrong? I don't care.

    He's just another opinion, and this site has a million of them. Hell, as a kid interested in MMOs, he's probably a poster on MMO-C, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was in this thread. The fact that situations like this can generate 10+ pages of responses is symptomatic of a world where people are willing to grant credibility to anything just because it's on the Internet.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Well why would a new player pick WOW over cheaper, newer alternatives? If you're going to focus on one quote in order to try and rubbish the article please back it up. I have played WOW since the release of TBC and for the most part I have enjoyed that time but I had not played WOW and I was looking for a new online game to play I would not pick it. Why would anyone spend in the region of £80 plus a monthly sub to play an eight year old game when they could pick up GW2 for less than half the price without a monthly sub? It has nothing to do with the relative quality of each title but the price for a new player is a massive stumbling block therefore his statement is not nonsense.

    So again you agree with the overall message of the article but it does not make sense and is biased?!?
    one, it has little to do with cost what he quoted was almost entirely about quality.

    he was trying to say that hes never met a single person who has quit wow who ever liked the game again or said it was better than guild wars 2. which is complete and utter bollocks.

    you're also assuming that a new player would even know about guild wars 2. which idk if youve ever met anyone but the average person doesnt know about any mmo and barely knows anything about wow.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  11. #231
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A broken clock still shows the right time twice a day. That doesn't make it useful.
    Sig'd. Love wisdom like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  12. #232
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,089
    Please stay on topic and knock off the name-calling and insults simply because you disagree with someone. If you have a case to make, make it while remaining civil.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    one, it has little to do with cost what he quoted was almost entirely about quality.

    he was trying to say that hes never met a single person who has quit wow who ever liked the game again or said it was better than guild wars 2. which is complete and utter bollocks.

    you're also assuming that a new player would even know about guild wars 2. which idk if youve ever met anyone but the average person doesnt know about any mmo and barely knows anything about wow.
    How do you know this is bollocks? I would have thought that it is a quite common opinion amongst those who have quit to play a new game that the new game is superior.

    Why would they not know about GW2? Every game shop I have been into has a bigger GW2 shelf presence than WOW.

  14. #234
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How do you know this is bollocks? I would have thought that it is a quite common opinion amongst those who have quit to play a new game that the new game is superior.

    Why would they not know about GW2? Every game shop I have been into has a bigger GW2 shelf presence than WOW.
    Really? Because both of my local Gamestops have sections completely devoted to Blizzard and WoW, and I barely see a GW2 presence.

    Guess it depends on the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Really? Because both of my local Gamestops have sections completely devoted to Blizzard and WoW, and I barely see a GW2 presence.

    Guess it depends on the store.
    Gamestop have signed a deal with Blizzard to sell digital download codes so that is hardly surprising. As you said it will vary from store to store whether one store has more WOW or GW2 point of sale on display is not really the point I was trying to make rather that it is unlikely that someone would not have heard of GW2.

  16. #236
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Gamestop have signed a deal with Blizzard to sell digital download codes so that is hardly surprising. As you said it will vary from store to store whether one store has more WOW or GW2 point of sale on display is not really the point I was trying to make rather that it is unlikely that someone would not have heard of GW2.
    Can we not make this a GW2 vs WoW debate though?

    I like both games, I just like WoW more.

    I mean, GW2 isn't my cup of tea. I levelled to around level 20 and quit, but I still think it's a fantastic game.

    They're both very good games.

    I just don't like seeing them both involved in a debate when you shouldn't really be arguing over the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  17. #237
    Banned But I Hate You All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The West Coast of the United States
    Posts
    1,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Do you really need to start insulting people because he points out where the author of the article is wrong and biased?

    Grow up!
    "brain dead WoW hater" is not a insult?

    Moderator Note: Trading insults and comments about them is off-topic. Knock it off - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-02 at 06:44 PM.

  18. #238
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I just don't like seeing them both involved in a debate when you shouldn't really be arguing over the two.
    Agree we should not be arguing about G2 versus WoW. First of all, it's against the rules (game vs. game threads not being allowed) and there's nothing wrong with playing either or both games. Last warning before I close the thread. - ML
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  19. #239
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can we not make this a GW2 vs WoW debate though?
    That's impossible because the OP and his link started the thread with a game-VS-game debate
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Well why would a new player pick WOW over cheaper, newer alternatives?
    He was also talking about older players.
    If he wants to create articles where he bashes games in favour of another game, go ahead.
    But please don't act as if you are an unbiased stock-analyst.

    So again you agree with the overall message of the article but it does not make sense and is biased?!?
    I agree with a part of his conclusion, that WoW will decline in subs and that the value of ATVI will hardly grow.
    But all his WoW-bashing and ranting is something I disagree with, quite easy.

  20. #240
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    "brain dead WoW hater" is not a insult?
    I've actually seen half of your points, and it doesn't seem you listen to those posting against you.

    But, the same goes for some of those who have also responded to this Thread that support WoW.

    Both sides aren't listening.

    Maybe you're trolling, Alastair, or someone else is, or maybe neither of you want to admit theother person is right.

    Regardless, like Moana said, this thread is gonna be locked if people don't stop throwing insults and start listening to one another and actually debating, not arguing with brick walls all around.

    So..stahp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •