Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    one, it has little to do with cost what he quoted was almost entirely about quality.

he was trying to say that hes never met a single person who has quit wow who ever liked the game again or said it was better than guild wars 2. which is complete and utter bollocks.

you're also assuming that a new player would even know about guild wars 2. which idk if youve ever met anyone but the average person doesnt know about any mmo and barely knows anything about wow.
    How do you know this is bollocks? I would have thought that it is a quite common opinion amongst those who have quit to play a new game that the new game is superior.

Why would they not know about GW2? Every game shop I have been into has a bigger GW2 shelf presence than WOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    How do you know this is bollocks? I would have thought that it is a quite common opinion amongst those who have quit to play a new game that the new game is superior.

Why would they not know about GW2? Every game shop I have been into has a bigger GW2 shelf presence than WOW.
    Really? Because both of my local Gamestops have sections completely devoted to Blizzard and WoW, and I barely see a GW2 presence.

Guess it depends on the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Really? Because both of my local Gamestops have sections completely devoted to Blizzard and WoW, and I barely see a GW2 presence.

Guess it depends on the store.
    Gamestop have signed a deal with Blizzard to sell digital download codes so that is hardly surprising. As you said it will vary from store to store whether one store has more WOW or GW2 point of sale on display is not really the point I was trying to make rather that it is unlikely that someone would not have heard of GW2.

Gamestop have signed a deal with Blizzard to sell digital download codes so that is hardly surprising. As you said it will vary from store to store whether one store has more WOW or GW2 point of sale on display is not really the point I was trying to make rather that it is unlikely that someone would not have heard of GW2.
    Can we not make this a GW2 vs WoW debate though?

I like both games, I just like WoW more.

I mean, GW2 isn't my cup of tea. I levelled to around level 20 and quit, but I still think it's a fantastic game.

They're both very good games.

I just don't like seeing them both involved in a debate when you shouldn't really be arguing over the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Do you really need to start insulting people because he points out where the author of the article is wrong and biased?

Grow up!
    "brain dead WoW hater" is not a insult?

Moderator Note: Trading insults and comments about them is off-topic. Knock it off - ML
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-02 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't like seeing them both involved in a debate when you shouldn't really be arguing over the two.
    Agree we should not be arguing about G2 versus WoW. First of all, it's against the rules (game vs. game threads not being allowed) and there's nothing wrong with playing either or both games. Last warning before I close the thread. - ML
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    "brain dead WoW hater" is not a insult?
    I've actually seen half of your points, and it doesn't seem you listen to those posting against you.

But, the same goes for some of those who have also responded to this Thread that support WoW.

Both sides aren't listening.

Maybe you're trolling, Alastair, or someone else is, or maybe neither of you want to admit theother person is right.

Regardless, like Moana said, this thread is gonna be locked if people don't stop throwing insults and start listening to one another and actually debating, not arguing with brick walls all around.

So..stahp.

his quote had nothing to do with people who quit the game for a different game. he said "ive never met a person who has ever quit wow who ever said they ever found love for the game again and/or anyone who thinks gw2 isnt better than wow"

for one that is bollocks if you think it isnt do you seriously think that everyone who has ever quit wow has never come back and liked the game? seriously? for one i have, i quit in early wrath and came back in cata and liked the game just as much as before and i think mists is the best expansion so far.

i also think gw2 is a good game but far from as good as wow except in pvp. i think pve wise gw2 is mediocre but its the best pvp game on the market imo.

also i said nothing about how much is on a shelf in a store. i said how much does the average person know about it? which is practically nothing. if you go on the street and ask someone what an mmo is the best odds of a game being mentioned is wow since that is the only well known mmo outside of the mmo market. the mmo market was always small and niche before wow came out wow was a freak chance that somehow became mainstream.

the mmo market as a whole is declining and its most likely going to revert to the everquest days
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually seen half of your points, and it doesn't seem you listen to those posting against you.

But, the same goes for some of those who have also responded to this Thread that support WoW.

Both sides aren't listening.

Maybe you're trolling, Alastair, or someone else is, or maybe neither of you want to admit theother person is right.

Regardless, like Moana said, this thread is gonna be locked if people don't stop throwing insults and start listening to one another and actually debating, not arguing with brick walls all around.

So..stahp.

I really do not agree with the idea of trolling. I have my opinion and I look the facts. Now some people like to refer to someone else as a "insult" just cause they do not like their opinion which we see from both sides.

None the less I still do not think the guy is wrong for giving his opinion and his financial analyst on the stock.

I really do not agree with the idea of trolling. I have my opinion and I look the facts. Now some people like to refer to someone else as a "insult" just cause they do not like their opinion which we see from both sides.

None the less I still do not think the guy is wrong for giving his opinion and his financial analyst on the stock.
    It's in the eye of the beholder how you present yourself.

And in me, the eye of the beholder, you don't seem to be listening to anything people with a differing opinion have had to say.

BenBos actually made some very good points, and he fought yours everytime you made a counter argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the mmo market as a whole is declining and its most likely going to revert to the everquest days
    Over the long run, this has as much to do with the state of things as anything. I argued earlier that had Blizzard done everything exactly right, there were market and genre forces in play that are working against both MMO's that require any sort of commitment generally and especially MMO's that you pay every month to play in. I still think this is true quite apart from the notion that an eight-year-old game is inevitably subject to both slippage in popularity and greater churn.

Honestly, I don't entirely disagree with the linked article's conclusions but I believe that the reasoning he used to come to that conclusion is very suspect; not to mention there are things in the article that demonstrate a rather profound unfamiliarity with what he's attempting to discuss.

Stopped clocks, the 24-hour versions anyway, are indeed right at least once a day. That doesn't mean you should believe them at any other time of the day and then you need a second clock (read: better informed opinion) to judge against.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-02 at 06:57 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in the eye of the beholder how you present yourself.

And in me, the eye of the beholder, you don't seem to be listening to anything people with a differing opinion have had to say.

BenBos actually made some very good points, and he fought yours everytime you made a counter argument.
    the eye of the beholder as you said BenBos keep screaming game vs game and called the guy a wow hater than brickwalled every counter argument

the eye of the beholder as you said BenBos keep screaming game vs game and called the guy a wow hater than brickwalled every counter argument
    Just like you've done throughout most of the thread?

I guess this is where opinions differ.

With some people, there's no place in the middle for compromise.

This is one such instance unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Agree we should not be arguing about G2 versus WoW. First of all, it's against the rules (game vs. game threads not being allowed) and there's nothing wrong with playing either or both games. Last warning before I close the thread. - ML
    The has been no GW2 vs WOW argument although it seems the main problem that some have is that the article author mentions GW2 in a previous, not the one linked in the OP. The post you have quoted is misquoting me in order to make out something that I have not written.

That's impossible because the OP and his link started the thread with a game-VS-game debate
    The linked article does not make a single mention of any game not made by Blizzard.

He was also talking about older players.
    If he wants to create articles where he bashes games in favour of another game, go ahead.
    But please don't act as if you are an unbiased stock-analyst.
    This quote is not even the article that was being discussed, The first part of the quote relates to players that have quit however the second is equally relevant to new and old players alike. Again he has not mention a single non-Blizzard game in this article, however in predicting the future of WOW it would be remiss of him to fail to mention any potential competitors and doing so is not game bashing.

I agree with a part of his conclusion, that WoW will decline in subs and that the value of ATVI will hardly grow.
    But all his WoW-bashing and ranting is something I disagree with, quite easy.
    His game bashing are quotes from other sources such as PC Gamer and forums, he makes no personal comment on the quality of WOW. If you both agree that there will be a decline in subs then what is the problem? Why is he ranting and game bashing when you are not?
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-02 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like you've done throughout most of the thread?

I guess this is where opinions differ.

With some people, there's no place in the middle for compromise.

This is one such instance unfortunately.
    I think when people use insults or personal attacks as a counter argument they have no counter argument.

With that being said I simply pointed out the guy had a right to his opinion and since he projected a financial analyst for a declining trend he seems to be right. This does not make someone a "hater" just cause they said a negative projection of blizzards business cycle.

The has been no GW2 vs WOW argument although it seems the main problem that some have is that the article author mentions GW2 in a previous, not the one linked in the OP. The post you have quoted is misquoting me in order to make out something that I have not written.

..Or that's because how that's the thread came off in impression to the Mod.

Are you seriously implying Moana lied intentionally and misquoted you to make this out to be something it's not?

That's some paranoia, man.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:00 PM ----------

I think when people use insults or personal attacks as a counter argument they have no counter argument.

With that being said I simply pointed out the guy had a right to his opinion and since he projected a financial analyst for a declining trend he seems to be right. This does not make someone a "hater" just cause they said a negative projection of blizzards business cycle.
    The same statement can be aimed at you man. Don't complain about thrown stones when you're also a perpetrator.

10+ Year Old Account
    The same statement can be aimed at you man. Don't complain about thrown stones when you're also a perpetrator.
    Fee free to point out where I attacked or insulted ONE person

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    A lot of math that ends up being random guesses anyway. Your point?
    If I pick a number between 1 and 100, then multiply it by 13.35, add 17.5, divide by 11.235 and subtract 18. It doesn´t make it ´educated´ in any way. He is doing a lot of math AFTER making some very random assumptions.

10+ Year Old Account
    His game bashing is quotes from other sources such as PC Gamer and forums, he makes no personal comment on the quality of WOW. If you both agree that there will be a decline in subs then what is the problem? Why is he ranting and game bashing when you are not?
    When constructing an argument about anything, pro or con, when one bring in quotes from outside sources it's fair to think that the writer subscribes to the correctness of those quotes unless they're being used as a strawman to make some other point. It doesn't matter that he made no personal comment. Using quotes as supporting evidence in an argument is enough.

EDIT: To be clear, previous writings are fair game when determing the reliability or bias of an article.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-02-02 at 07:06 PM.

..Or that's because how that's the thread came off in impression to the Mod.

Are you seriously implying Moana lied intentionally and misquoted you to make this out to be something it's not?

That's some paranoia, man.
    No I am saying you did. Go back and look at the posts prior to when you mentioned game vs game I even went as far as to say it had nothing to do with either games qualities.