Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Reforge or Askmrrobot???

Iv been on both and both giving me different stat changes so does anybody out there know which site is actually better? cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. yes there is a better one. The best one is called.... your brain. I could never understand the point of both those sites. My bro got me to use one and i was at 99% before I even went to the site. Is it that hard to use your head?
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Just lol...............

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Yes. yes there is a better one. The best one is called.... your brain. I could never understand the point of both those sites. My bro got me to use one and i was at 99% before I even went to the site. Is it that hard to use your head?

You going to tell me you can figure the best way to cap hit/exp with out going over and not reforging a lot?

I personally use askmrrobot with my own stat weights

I personally don't like the way Mr.robot tell me to reforge. It was telling to me dump all my mastery today...

As a hunter, I've had much better results from wowreforge. My mage friend complains about expertise not working properly for him, but I'm not sure if he just doesn't know how to use it properly.

Now that the armory shows ilvl upgrades without the mouseover, it'd be nice if wowreforge picked up on upgrades itself so you wouldn't have to enter them manually.

At any rate, go to wowreforge, put any upgrades in, adjust weights if so desired, and set thresholds. For SV, I put haste below mastery (crit is above both of them) and ask it to put hit close to 2550 and exp close to 2210 (I'm a troll). It doesn't always work out like this, but currently it's got me at both caps on the dot. I originally used AMR (before wowreforge was updated), but once wowreforge was up, I compared the two off and on and wowreforge would also give me back better numbers.

What Airwaves means is this.

Your brain and your smarts are the BEST tools for Reforging. Many people go "HUR DUR ROBOT MAKE ME GOOD" and don't think about what they actually need.

If you know your class pretty damn well, You know what stats you need, Taking out the obvious Hit/Exp for most classes. You should know what you need, Crit,Haste,Strength,Agility,Dodge,Parry...Whatever it is your class needs, You should KNOW by level 90 what your class needs and what values are better than others.

Like say for resto druids, Crit is absolute crap for us. So I reforge out of ALL the crit gear into things like Haste/Mastery. I don't need a website to tell me to do that.

I use robot, i dont just hit optimize and go with whatever it says tho. You can use the tools to reforge/regem your gear the way you want it, then go into game and do it for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tax View Post
    I use robot, i dont just hit optimize and go with whatever it says tho. You can use the tools to reforge/regem your gear the way you want it, then go into game and do it for real.
    This is probably the best way to use AMR, not to mention keeping an eye on some TC blogs to change stat weights as gear progresses and hotfixes and such come around. NEVER just blindly do what machines tell you to do, that leads us to skynet and the death of humanity

It isn't that people don't necessarily know the stat priorities. What these tools do is instantly tell you how to reforge to reach your exact caps, or as close to them as mathematically possible. If you want to waste time figuring it out yourself, more power to you. I'd rather click a button and have it done for me in a second.

I use the addon ReforgeLight, way better than going to a website.

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally don't like Ask Mr. Robot. It's all wonky a lot of the time. I use an addon called ReforgeLite which works VERY well (especially since they updated it for upgrades).

Deleted
    Using WoWReforge for the fact it does what I want it to do, just simple reforging. Tried MrRobot once and didn't actually understand a shit (hit optimize without anything but got something like this lol "DUDE, you put me like...0.20% under the cap. WHY?!?!??" i mean even at default settings it should put you at hit and exp cap), but that's probably just me.

Anyways, what you need to do on either site is actually play around with the stat values until you are satisfied and not just hit "optimize" which should be pretty obvious.

dont be utterly dependant on them. Use both, take it with a pinch of salt, use your own sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neronex View Post
    Using WoWReforge for the fact it does what I want it to do, just simple reforging. Tried MrRobot once and didn't actually understand a shit (hit optimize without anything but got something like this lol "DUDE, you put me like...0.20% under the cap. WHY?!?!??" i mean even at default settings it should put you at hit and exp cap), but that's probably just me.

Anyways, what you need to do on either site is actually play around with the stat values until you are satisfied and not just hit "optimize" which should be pretty obvious.
    You can force AMR to meet the caps. Reaching the cap isn't always the best optimized solution. Being a little below may give you a large enough increase in another stat to be a net gain. Making the cap may end up wasting points by going over the cap. However, it depends on your class/role. Some classes can be devastated by a single miss (i.e. Fire mage missing Combustion) while others aren't such a big deal.

I use AMR but not blindly by any means.

When I get a new piece I slap it on my character, log out, load my character up in AMR then see where my caps are at. Then I go ahead and enchant, gem and reforge manually using the site. I can usually get back to caps by only change the new piece and maybe one of my old pieces. Once I've done it on AMR, I'll do it ingame, log out, load my character up again in AMR and 99% of the time it'll read that I'm fully optimized.

If you run your character through it every single time you get a new piece you are wasting TONS of gold reforging every time because it will literally get you as mathematically close as possible, which could (and usually does) mean reforging a significant amount of your gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard Mr. Robot lauded more by theorycrafters in the past, although I don't know if there is merit to that. I couldn't tell you which myself.

All I can say for certain is that you really have to enter your own custom stat weights no matter which you use if you're really concerned with absolute accuracy.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You can force AMR to meet the caps. Reaching the cap isn't always the best optimized solution. Being a little below may give you a large enough increase in another stat to be a net gain. Making the cap may end up wasting points by going over the cap. However, it depends on your class/role. Some classes can be devastated by a single miss (i.e. Fire mage missing Combustion) while others aren't such a big deal.
    Well thanks for the clearup, but being below caps in favor of even my best secondary stat is a no-go for me at least seeing as it would support rng in my attacks in a manner of possibly doing 0 damage. So there we go again, let it optimize what you want it to optimize and not use some presets.^^
    Last edited by mmoc68f6fd776e; 2013-01-31 at 10:52 PM.

Ask Mr.Robot tells me i should reforge crit to expertise on my destruction warlock. Am i missing something or is that just stupid ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Ask Mr.Robot tells me i should reforge crit to expertise on my destruction warlock. Am i missing something or is that just stupid ?
    Expertise gives spell hit for casters.

Quote Originally Posted by arkadeus View Post
    Just lol...............
    What are you lol'ing at?

None of those sites are as good as doing it yourself. They all have horribly improper stat weightings and give you wrong results if you don't go in deeper and change the way they have everything set up.

If you're a complete idiot these sites will get you somewhat on the right track, but they are WAY off if you're truly looking to min/max.

Use your damn brain.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neronex View Post
    Well thanks for the clearup, but being below caps in favor of even my best secondary stat is a no-go for me at least seeing as it would support rng in my attacks in a manner of possibly doing 0 damage. So there we go again, let it optimize what you want it to optimize and not use some presets.^^
    Being something like 0.11% under cap is pretty much always a DPS increase, however small it may be.

DO NOT continue believing you have to be exactly at or over caps because you're just mathematically wrong.