Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My Grandfather used to LLLOOOVVVEEE boiled liver - I tried it once, never again. OMG! I never want to smell that unbelievable stench again.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    An entire fucking avocado. I felt like puking for an hour afterwards. It was like eating pure fat.
    Now I'm craving avocado with salt on toast. Worst thing I've tasted recently would have to be wasabi flavoured nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeruk View Post
    Now I'm craving avocado with salt on toast. Worst thing I've tasted recently would have to be wasabi flavoured nuts.
    OMG I love wasabi flavored nuts - although I love almost anything spicy.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Oh wait when I was a little kid I made mud soup with accorn and leaves...
    if we can go that far back I'd have to say, scabs, snails and the gems from nose picking. Back then it wasnt to gross but now I guess it is.

15+ Year Old Account
    The worst thing that I ate was a two day old sandwich with peanut butter, so disgusting.

I never made bad food. Bad looking, yes, but never bad tasting.

I saw a recipe for protein powder pancakes, basically you use protein powder instead of pancake mix. It looked just like a pancake but the consistency, and taste was complete shit.

Deleted
    Cow tongue, it tastes disgusting and has a horrible texture, I puked instantly. The second worst thing was a whiskey that tasted like a mixture of dirty boots and socks.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    There was this food in Japan... Yeah, you can probably see where this is going already.

Well, To be more specific, I was in a restaurant with people and there were these round things that were being grilled up along side everything else. The odd thing about them was that they had orange or green pouches on them. I was very leery as they just looked odd (and this is coming from a guy who will eat nearly anything). I was told they are scallops.

People were bugging me to try them. For about 20 minutes I was like no thanks, no thanks. Eventually I caved cause wtf? I am adventurous.. Bad mistake. As soon as I popped one in my mouth and bit down, the pouch exploded and was like having puss all over the inside of my mouth (nice hot and gritty too) and it made me nearly vomit all over the table in the restaurant... Luckily I was able to keep it down, and then start gulping water to wash the grittiness out of my mouth.

Never again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Deleted
    My own Baileys, Coffeemilk with Wine when i was like 16 or something.... Never again!

Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post
    There was this food in Japan... Yeah, you can probably see where this is going already.

Well, To be more specific, I was in a restaurant with people and there were these round things that were being grilled up along side everything else. The odd thing about them was that they had orange or green pouches on them. I was very leery as they just looked odd (and this is coming from a guy who will eat nearly anything). I was told they are scallops.

People were bugging me to try them. For about 20 minutes I was like no thanks, no thanks. Eventually I caved cause wtf? I am adventurous.. Bad mistake. As soon as I popped one in my mouth and bit down, the pouch exploded and was like having puss all over the inside of my mouth (nice hot and gritty too) and it made me nearly vomit all over the table in the restaurant... Luckily I was able to keep it down, and then start gulping water to wash the grittiness out of my mouth.

Never again.
    I think you might have eaten the Scallop's shit-bag. You're only supposed to eat the white cylindrical bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idrinkwhiterussians View Post

Never again.
    lol, you ate the scallops poo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never really been a fan of fish, but my friend managed to coax me into trying sushi one day, NEVER AGAIN...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post
    I never really been a fan of fish, but my friend managed to coax me into trying sushi one day, NEVER AGAIN...
    A girl friend of mine got my to try REAL Sushi (NOT the ones from places like a Grocery store or in a Chinese buffet style restaurant) about a year ago - now I am totally hooked. YUM!!!
    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:35 PM ----------
    Last edited by Sodka; 2013-02-01 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just picked up a cup that was sitting on my desk of what I thought was day-old coffee.

Apparently coffee can mold . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Me? Oh, I just ate cat food when I was young. Does that count?

Otherwise: orange-chocolate. (not the color, the fruit. it was chocoloate stuffed with orange stuff.) Looked good; was not. The orange made the chocolate taste weird, too.

Deleted
    Crab 'spread' sandwich. The crab was a spreadable paste... oh god...
    Please. Do. Not. Attempt. This. Even if you sniffed it you vomited. It smelt like a mixture of rotten cat food and salmon. Usually I love crab, but holy fuck that was disgusting. I didn't even attempt a bite. As soon as I even saw it I was like "Nope. Nope nope nope".

Also one time, I bought some prawns from the store... they were mouldy, green and looked like they had algae on them.

Libram, that must have been some royally fucked up seaweed, hehe. Usually it's delicious. It needs to be cooked right though.
    Last edited by mmocb5e225659b; 2013-02-01 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    haha my Nan did something similar, we were at a chinese resturant for my birthday and she saw some green stuff that she thought was avocado so she took a huge dollop of it and ate a big mouthful... turns out it was wasabi lol. She never did that again haha
    My brother did that once too. He eas being such a glutten that he got almost a third done before realizing it was garlic butter.

My aunt made the family blue berry pancakes once. They were a couple cm's thick, charred to a crisp on the outside, and liquid in the middle. Her kids loved it...the poor things.

One food I can't eat anymore due to childhood trauma is peanut brittle...

1) In elementary, a substitute teacher decided to bring a prize for all good kids. It was supposed to be brittle, but in reality it was a liquid goop wrapped loosely with wax paper. I actually tried to be bad after that to avoid anymore prizes.

2) In high school home ec class, the teacher burnt tue demo batch. Me and a couple guys chowed down anyways. Burnt sugar and peanuts...ugh...was sick for days. For years after I couldn't even look at a tin of the stuff without wanting to barf.

Bertie Bott's every flavor beans. For the record, tutti frutti looks exactly like vomit flavored. Why would they even put in vomit flavored?! My actual vomit coming out tasted better.

Not much on the made myself part, due to my caution after incidents like the above. It's very hard to mess up microwavables...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1337 View Post

i love fish, but had never tried sushi and people kept saying how good it was. they were lying! its disgusting!!

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Me? Oh, I just ate cat food when I was young. Does that count?

Otherwise: orange-chocolate. (not the color, the fruit. it was chocoloate stuffed with orange stuff.) Looked good; was not. The orange made the chocolate taste weird, too.
    i bit a dog biscuit when i was a kid, was round a relatives house and saw it on the counter, i didn't know it was a dog biscuit

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 01:52 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Bertie Bott's every flavor beans. For the record, tutti frutti looks exactly like vomit flavored. Why would they even put in vomit flavored?! My actual vomit coming out tasted better.

Not much on the made myself part, due to my caution after incidents like the above. It's very hard to mess up microwavables...

aren't they the things from harry potter?

Deleted
    Hard to say.. I usually experiment with cooking and make the same thing over and over till I get it perfect. Some of the first tries have tasted pretty horrible though or have never worked. Like soy minced meat, I used lots of spices, even tried to deep fry it. Still tasted horrible:P It's funny because I love soy cutlets which are basically the same thing, the minced meat is just cut into smaller bits..

Then the first try on making an apple pie. I didn't have baking powder so used vinegar and soda.. only I mixed the 2 up and used way too much soda. Had to throw the whole pie away after a bite. Also for some reason I cant stand red wine. It has that bad, rotten aftertaste. I've never had the most expensive ones though.