Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A Third Faction. The New Enemy. (Plot Idea)

NOT A PLAYABLE FACTION, BUT A NEW ENEMY FORCE

New Enemy! The Axis

We all know that the Zandalari trolls will still be in full force after the events of 5.2. They will only suffer a set back. The Mogu will not be extinct after this patch either. We still have many enemies left on Azeroth. Many of whom have a score to settle with the Horde and the Alliance.

Idea: The Third Faction (not playable, I mean as a cool patch idea/raids and subplot)

Races:
    Zul's Zandalari trolls and remaining troll tribes loyal
    Mogu under the command of a new warlord or even Zul
    Magatha's Grim Totem clan
    Maeiv and her followers.
    Blood sail Pirates (for awesomeness)
    Vykrul under a new Warlord

(possible other choices, More defias forces, and possibly Garrosh and the black rock orcs depending on future events)

Lore for each of this new threat.

Not everyone is a member of the Alliance or the Horde. Some may have once been proud members, but have fallen to the way side as times have moved along. Many of these peoples decided to rebel. Notable mentions being Maeiv and Magatha and their respective followers. Many other once proud civilizations have been torn asunder by the forces of the Horde and the Alliance. They do not wish to go extinct. They would not likely find shelter within the confines of an alliance within the Horde or Grand Alliance. They wish to continue their existence. Zul being a main figure in that world. The world of the under dogs.

Zul has decided it is time to create a new power on Azeroth. He has found an ally once again with their ancient friends the Mogu. After the defeat in the temple of Storms. Zul continues his pact with the Mogu with their new lords who will gain power in the void left by their Thunder king. ZUl does not just Seek the Mogu. He has his sights set north as well. He knows of another race that once co existed with his Drakkari Trolls with little or no issues. Zul seeks the Vykrul under their new King who has gained power since the defeat of their lord and master Arthas. Zul also in his travels met with the leaders of his new Military wing. The Blood sail Pirates. They have been fighting not the Horde or Alliance, but the neutral goblins who enlisted the aid of the two major factions! They gladly will follow Zul's lead.... for the right price.

Zul is not a dummy. He has kept his ears open for dissidents within the Horde and Alliance. He found them. He has contacted both Maiev Shadowsong and Magatha Grimtotem. They both welcome the idea of working within this new force on Azeroth, But have their own goals in mind as well.

So the new faction is born.

*this is the basic lay out. discuss, critique, and make up stuff!

Lore on each group within the new enemy force.

Zandalari trolls: Zul with the help of his troll subjects have ventured across Azeroth in order to build up a once powerful empire to survive in a world shattered by chaos. He has enlisted many of the remains of the once great troll civilizations on Azeroth and seeks even more. He has lent a hand to the Mogu. After the defeat of the Mogu on the Isle of the Thunder King he has continued to aid them under his authority. He has put in place a new Warlord. Warlord Todu

Mogu: After the defeat of the Thunder king the Mogu once again found themselves with out a leader. Zul promised them aid, and he delivered. The Mogu are no in debt to the Zandalari and will follow a powerful Warlord who was once a rival to the Thunder King, Todu a powerful warrior and a brilliant mind.

Vykrul: They do not worship the Lich King any more. Bolvar is not giving them the "blessings" they once had under the former king. Northrend has experienced devastation and destruction as result of the war with the scourge, the battle with the old gods, and the fight with deathwing himself. A Vykrul war cheiftess, Budaka has won the eharts and minds of many of the remaining vykrul forces. She has found a way to give them power. Zul had encountered her in his travels to seek the drakkari's aid. She is more than willing to wipe the Horde and Alliance off the map for what they did to her master, Arthas.

Blood Sail: with the tidal forces many of the nval fleets of the blood sail had been destroyed. they have increased operation in strangle thorn vale, against the neutral forces of the goblins. Expecting to not interfere with the alliance or horde. They were wrong. It is because of the Alliance and Horde that the largest operation they had was ended. Many blood sails found themselves shipwrecked on a destroyed island city and fortress, Kul'tiras. Admiral proudmoore took in the blood sails for he needed every one he could get to ensure the survival of Kul'Tiras. Zul once landed on these shores. Admiral Proudmoore knows what his sister has done to there father, and that the Alliance has abandoned them.

Maiev and followers: She does not just have a garrison of wardens at her disposal. She has also done the unthinkable. SHe has enlisted the remains of Fandrals forces, the Fire druids. They have launched attacks on small night elven settlements that reeked of highborne scum, and even infiltrated Dire maul. Zul has sought her aid. She accepted if it meant she can take teldrassil from the hands of the traitors, Malfurion, and Tyrande. THe letter that zul had sent to her. Was handed to then delivered by one of Maiev's new elite squads. A squad of fighters with special skills in slaying demons.

Magatha and the Grimtotem: Zul had a very easy time convincing Magatha to join the Axis. Magatha like other leaders has her own goals in mind. SHe wants the secrets the zandalari keep. she also has new soldiers she can call at any point. Her will is too strong to succumb to the whispers of her artifact. Her new monstrosities that she can summon will bolster the ranks of her lion plated armored Tauren warriors.

The Axis is formed.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2013-02-01 at 05:36 PM.

This all sounds good but for the night elves.
    Last edited by Sam the Wiser; 2013-02-01 at 12:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea, but stuff might get a bit messy.

Blizz is not going to make a new leveling for all prior content for a third faction, it just won't happen.
    Twas brillig

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Idea: The Third Faction (not playable, I mean as a cool patch idea/raids and subplot)
    Read the post ppl

EDIT: Noticed you said not playable.

Which means I'm not sure exactly how this counts as a faction at all.

Why would they team up? What would this team up mean? How would it be reflected in the lore?

As far as I know this is already the concept of every raid ever, MSV has Titan Constructs/Trolls/Mogu "teamed up" as a faction.

Really not sure what you intend by the use of the word Faction if they aren't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Yeah solid idea but this ^^

Blizz saw how developing new content only a portion of the players will experience went with Cataclysm.

I seriously don't think they are going to design a whole new levelling experience across four expansions.

Unless they make it a "Hero Faction" where every new race starts at 90... which would just result in no one every rolling the old factions due to the level grind and the new faction becoming massively overplayed...

So yeah, not gonna happen in this game. Try TESO for 3 faction PvP.

When you level up until 90; you have choise between 2 factions (horde/alliance). It's only after a questline introduced in 5.3 one would be able to join this 'new' faction...

But it's also possible 5.3 could merge horde and alliance. From now on they are allies. United in their fight against their next new enemy?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the idea.
    But I imagine the Third Faction as playable, maybe not even with new (playable) races. When turning 90 one could choose to become a member of the third faction, so there is no need to redo all the leveling. They would be the rebels and outcasts that are fed up with their race or faction and turned against them. Battleground would just be random so it could be Alliance vs. Horde or Alliance vs. New Faction or Horde vs. New Faction, although it wouldn't fit the lore in the BGs very well.
    The tools are already in the game I suppose, with Pandas being neutral until choosing a faction.

I like the idea a lot. It would nice to have a 3rd force out there to counterbalance the Alliance and the Horde. One that we don't mindlessly beat all the time but that actually competes with us.

Thats just like... 5 races mashed together.

I'd rather have the option to go mercenary and have a Rogue 3rd faction of ex horde and alliance members.

Sidebar - If you don't want it playable, don't use the word Faction, it's kind of synonymous with playable.
    Last edited by willtron; 2013-02-01 at 12:13 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    It's neat but *really* that already exists if you really just mean a third faction that is unplayable. Hell, there are like 200 of them on the rep list.

Also pretty sure the Vrykul worship Bolvar now, though of course we have no idea. But I imagine it would be sort of like Kelemvor's worshippers in Forgotten Realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Maiev's mentality is not very popular amongst the elves (yes, xenophobia is more of a troll trait, not an elven one), her followers were all slain in Wolfheart, she probably won't find new followers, and she is a supremacist whom wouldn't align herself with beings she deems as inferior, in any capacity.
    As for the Mogu and the Trolls, this is like their last great attempt at glory. It will fail and hopefully we won't be dealing with either of them any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is not a playable faction. its a cool sub plot that would be pretty freakin awesome if done right

GOING TO MAKE THIS BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    this is not a playable faction. its a cool sub plot that would be pretty freakin awesome if done right

GOING TO MAKE THIS BOLD
    But why would it be cool or awesome...

You need to spend more time explaining how this is any different to the hundreds of factions already in WoW... is it because you mashed a few of your favourite races together?

Seems pretty subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    But why would it be cool or awesome...

You need to spend more time explaining how this is any different to the hundreds of factions already in WoW... is it because you mashed a few of your favourite races together?

Seems pretty subjective.
    well its very broad and i leave a lot to discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean the Forsaken can finally blight nuke the Alliance?

At least the Gnomes!? Pretty please?

OT: I'd play Bloodsail in a heartbeat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Does this mean the Forsaken can finally blight nuke the Alliance?

At least the Gnomes!? Pretty please?

OT: I'd play Bloodsail in a heartbeat.
    What happened the last time the Gnomes tried to nuke their enemies?
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

First off, the Zandalari are supremacists. The only reason they ever joined with the mogu was because they were once allies and, in the wake of the Cataclysm, need all the help they can get. Most likely, if left to their own devices, they would betray the mogu and take whatever powers they could to start their massive troll takeover again.

Secondly, the mogu would never concede to being ruled by an "inferior" species. They would never follow a non-mogu and therefore are not likely to join any mass factions any time soon. Another problem is that there are only two female mogu. You need to have a few more to make a playable race.

Maiev and her "followers" constitute maybe 20-30 elves. Nowhere near enough to create a playable race for a faction.

The Bloodsail Buccaneers are a conglomeration of races, not just human. There's another huge problem with making them a playable race but I don't suppose you thought that through, did you?

The Vrykul are near extinct and the few that remain are content to either freeze to death up in Northrend or run around with the Twilight's Hammer. I doubt there are enough left to make a playable race out of that.

Also, why did you put a scouter on Genn Greymane? That's probably the single dumbest thing I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    First off, the Zandalari are supremacists. The only reason they ever joined with the mogu was because they were once allies and, in the wake of the Cataclysm, need all the help they can get. Most likely, if left to their own devices, they would betray the mogu and take whatever powers they could to start their massive troll takeover again.

Secondly, the mogu would never concede to being ruled by an "inferior" species. They would never follow a non-mogu and therefore are not likely to join any mass factions any time soon. Another problem is that there are only two female mogu. You need to have a few more to make a playable race.

Maiev and her "followers" constitute maybe 20-30 elves. Nowhere near enough to create a playable race for a faction.

The Bloodsail Buccaneers are a conglomeration of races, not just human. There's another huge problem with making them a playable race but I don't suppose you thought that through, did you?

The Vrykul are near extinct and the few that remain are content to either freeze to death up in Northrend or run around with the Twilight's Hammer. I doubt there are enough left to make a playable race out of that.

Also, why did you put a scouter on Genn Greymane? That's probably the single dumbest thing I've ever seen.

wow

clearly you did not read my threads. its a plot idea. this is not a playable faction. so please leave.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:54 AM ----------

heck its bold at the very top

its a faction like the burning legion is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post

If seeing a scouter on an avatar of Greymane is the single dumbest thing you've ever seen you really need to get out more. Or go see that new website youtube. Also no need to be a buzzkill, this thread is just for fun. And did you read the " *this is the basic lay out. discuss, critique, and make up stuff! " at the end of the post?

Jeez some people >_>

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    What happened the last time the Gnomes tried to nuke their enemies?
    Do you mean the Forsaken? Because if so they got caught by that d-bag Garrosh. But since he'll be taken out, its free game again!