Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    i just think it would be cool for the remaining non aligned races/dissidents to unite in a way to survive against the Superior might of the alliance and horde

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    First off, the Zandalari are supremacists. The only reason they ever joined with the mogu was because they were once allies and, in the wake of the Cataclysm, need all the help they can get. Most likely, if left to their own devices, they would betray the mogu and take whatever powers they could to start their massive troll takeover again.

Secondly, the mogu would never concede to being ruled by an "inferior" species. They would never follow a non-mogu and therefore are not likely to join any mass factions any time soon. Another problem is that there are only two female mogu. You need to have a few more to make a playable race.

Maiev and her "followers" constitute maybe 20-30 elves. Nowhere near enough to create a playable race for a faction.

The Bloodsail Buccaneers are a conglomeration of races, not just human. There's another huge problem with making them a playable race but I don't suppose you thought that through, did you?

The Vrykul are near extinct and the few that remain are content to either freeze to death up in Northrend or run around with the Twilight's Hammer. I doubt there are enough left to make a playable race out of that.

Also, why did you put a scouter on Genn Greymane? That's probably the single dumbest thing I've ever seen.
    Wow, rude much.

Also, the Zandalar aren't supremacists, they're historians...
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    also desperate times call for desperate measures

the night elves tend to be xenophobic same with high elves/blood

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post

Do you mean the Forsaken? Because if so they got caught by that d-bag Garrosh. But since he'll be taken out, its free game again!
    Nah, before that. Something about Troggs and irradiating their entire city and having to mooch off the dwarves for 15 years

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 08:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    also desperate times call for desperate measures

the night elves tend to be xenophobic same with high elves/blood
    Quel'dorei weren't Xenophobic. They just understood their place in the world and understood that it was not answering to or being held accountable to the short-lived races
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if this idea works. Having the faction be purely an enemy means we're going to come into conflict with them, and it's composed of races we already stomped. Having them team up and fight us means they'll inevitably get stomped again, so we're pretty much just retreading old ground at this point.

Rather have loads of new evil races show up as part of the new Burning Legion offensive. Maybe they've been out conscripting all kinds of freaky monsters we've never seen, alongside the more familiar Legion mainstays like Gan'arg and Shivarra.

Another problem is that there are only two female mogu. You need to have a few more to make a playable race.
    Is that stated in the Throne of Thunder? While I realize that besides Lei-Shen's consorts no female mogu are encountered in-game, I was under the impression that this was just an example of the ogre syndrome.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, I can't see all those guys teaming up and being buddies.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    I don't know, I can't see all those guys teaming up and being buddies.
    well technically they are not baddies. They fight for what they think is right (meiev), some do it for there own reasons (magatha) others do it for former glory and survival (zandalari, mogu, vykrul) and the rest do it for a combination of revenge and profit (blood sails)

this is not a playable faction i cant stress it enough.

think of it like the cold war,

russia/allied to russia, us/allied to u.s

then u had the neutral countries who formed there own groups.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 05:19 PM ----------

these own groups did not war with the usa or ussr

buuuut its the same idea sorta.

Presenting enemy factions brings about black and white perspective to the game, something I personally dislike a lot. Having a third playable force is another subject that I would adore. Eg. Blood Elves ideologically belong to neither the Horde nor the Alliance, therefore they would definitely fit a third faction of their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    I added some individual lore to each member of The Axis, the new foe on Azeroth.

I really tried to write in the idea for most of them that it is the Alliance and Horde that are the problem and that is why they must unite, for either political or personal reasons.

or they are in it for themselves. I dunno Magatha strikes me as that

Deleted
    I'd rather have the Burning Legion as a third faction, maybe some rogue demons that pursue their own agendas. But your idea sounds good, well except the night elf part, just dunno how Blizzard would implement any third faction.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-02-01 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Thats just like... 5 races mashed together.

I'd rather have the option to go mercenary and have a Rogue 3rd faction of ex horde and alliance members.

Sidebar - If you don't want it playable, don't use the word Faction, it's kind of synonymous with playable.
    Agreed, seems kind of hodgepodge in nature; no real staunch bond between them?

Why not something more along the lines of The Syndicate? Although, they're probably not big enough to be a faction and playing as them would be better suited towards a questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    well this is not a playable faction, but rather a new foe for the alliance and horde

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    well this is not a playable faction, but rather a new foe for the alliance and horde
    You mean old foes in alliance that cant last more than couple of patches.

So you have Trolls, Tauren, elves, Mogu(orc-like), humans(un-undead) and Vrykul. Ignoring the last race, that's pretty much the Horde!

But ignoring the nitpicking: Why NOT make it playable? I'd join. And game after game demonstrates how three faction PvP is superior to two. Balance is baked in.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 04:39 PM ----------

The Vrykul are near extinct and the few that remain are content to either freeze to death up in Northrend or run around with the Twilight's Hammer. I doubt there are enough left to make a playable race out of that.
    There can always be more Vrykul. They can start just like the Undead do, since there can be any number of "dens" underground that they are still hibernating in that they can "wake up" from. Then you have all the Frozen blue Vrykul women... man I'd love to play Vrykul.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2013-02-01 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    You mean old foes in alliance that cant last more than couple of patches.
    would be a cool sub plot.

This is just kinda the Twilights Hammer, its fine but just don't ever imagine a playable third faction, making so much new quest and finding where to put them would be a pain. A freelance no faction would probably work but then again you'd have to pick a faction for BG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ninjas, you forgot ninjas. And raptors. With Rhonin dead, there's no one to keep the raptor legions from running rampant across Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgesh View Post
    This is just kinda the Twilights Hammer, its fine but just don't ever imagine a playable third faction, making so much new quest and finding where to put them would be a pain. A freelance no faction would probably work but then again you'd have to pick a faction for BG.
    i an disappoint with this comment

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 06:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Ninjas, you forgot ninjas. And raptors. With Rhonin dead, there's no one to keep the raptor legions from running rampant across Azeroth.
    well.... with that logic the raptors fit in XD