Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    When did I say "OMG 100% INCONTROVERTIBLE PROOF OF HOLOCAUST GUILT TRIPPING!!1!!!1!oneeleven". I posted proof that, indeed, Israel gets away with TONS of shit that no other country does. Israel violates UN statutes CONSTANTLY with 0 repercussions. Iraq only PARTIALLY disobeyed ONE statute, and they were invaded.
    Oh, good, we're in agreement then. I think.

Deleted
    I will defend Israel by saying they make some damn good military hardware however, cannot fault them there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    If they were, they'd be the most condemned nation in the world for decades of playing the victim card while persecuting millions.
    this.

The average joe is starting to wake up to Israel's bullshit though (or maybe I'm just naive to believe that the majority of the braindead population is)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that most intelligent and educated people will agree that Israel is on the road into turning into what they hated most.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    this.

The average joe is starting to wake up to Israel's bullshit though (or maybe I'm just naive to believe that the majority of the braindead population is)
    I'm awoken by Palestine's population density. An average of 6.4 people per household is impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly why do we care what the UN says or does?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Who knew building that house on Baltic Avenue was violating someone's human rights, i'll have a lot to consider next time I play monopoly.

Also who gives a shit about the UN, it's basically just a vehicle for dictators to spout off and make themselves important outside their own iron-fisted "governments". When is the last time something actually worthwhile came out of the UN that didn't just boil down to global bullying.

We should just save up the aid money we give them and help them buy the Baja peninsula from Mexico. Then we could tell the middle east to go F themselves, and it becomes a European problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    I have to say, people keep saying this on this forum, but I haven't seen anyone supply evidence, beyond a few Netanyahu quotations. With some posters it's almost as if the history of the holocaust is treated as some sort covert Israeli indoctrination. I think Israels policies are very cynical and self-serving, but even General Nasser's Pan-Arabism - behind the secular sheen - was unity through hatred of Israel.
    Think its more an excuse people make up themself as to avoid making it seem like jews get persecuted again. But forget that its not the case when there is actually a legitimate reason behind being against their actions - also its not something that means the annihilation of jews for that matter.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Exactly why do we care what the UN says or does?
    I care because I have a little something called "empathy" as well as this other thing called a "moral compass" and I recognize that what Israel does is wrong both legally and morally. Most of the free world agrees. I return the question, why do you not care what the UN says or does?
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care because I have a little something called "empathy" as well as this other thing called a "moral compass" and I recognize that what Israel does is wrong both legally and morally. Most of the free world agrees. I return the question, why do you not care what the UN says or does?
    Because I'm a realist when it comes to international relations. I would prefer they didn't do it, but I can understand why they do it; and I don't apply domestic principles to international politics.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Because I'm a realist when it comes to international relations. I would prefer they didn't do it, but I can understand why they do it; and I don't apply domestic principles to international politics.
    The Geneva Convention is a domestic principle now?
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can understood why the Nazis did what they did, it doesn't make it ambivalent or irrelevant.

And to Israel, it is domestic policy. They occupied Palestine.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Geneva Convention is a domestic principle now?
    Pretty much. The Geneva Convention(s) only work when both sides agree to them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    I can understood why the Nazis did what they did, it doesn't make it ambivalent or irrelevant.

And to Israel, it is domestic policy. They occupied Palestine.
    Fait accompli, there's nothing to be done for it now.

Pretty much. The Geneva Convention(s) only work when both sides agree to them.

---------- Post added 2013-01-31 at 03:38 PM ----------

Yes and BOTH sides agreed to it when they joined the UN... So... What was your argument again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yes, because I'm sure the UN is posed to kidnap all of our handicap children.

Isn't that the latest conspiracy?
    More like supplying 22% of the normal budget and 27% of the peacekeeping budget for an organization that gives a platform for oppressors and dictators on our land.

Move it to the Hague or something.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and BOTH sides agreed to it when they joined the UN... So... What was your argument again?
    I said it only works when both sides agree to it; not whether breaching it is right or wrong. The fact of the matter is, the Geneva Conventions are a statement of an ideal, not a binding agreement.

I don't analyse international affairs in moral terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking over the nations that sit on the United Nations Human Rights Council, I can't see how ANYONE much less Israel would even consider taking anything the council says seriously.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    So you've said before but there's plenty governments could do to stop Israel and put it back in its place.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    How do people make money in Isreal? I always hear about jewish people moving back to the motherland all the while knowing how unstable it is. Isn't it a desert there. What the heck do they do there for a living?

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Looking over the nations that sit on the United Nations Human Rights Council, I can't see how ANYONE much less Israel would even consider taking anything the council says seriously.
    Did you look at the ACTUAL members list or only the members that changed in 2013?