10+ Year Old Account

If you could take one gameplay aspect from each expac...

Did a quick search for a topic similar to this but found nothing...

If you could take a gameplay aspect from each expansion (and Vanilla) of WoW, and put it in current game, which would you choose? I'm not talking like "Make MoP entirely like BC", just one thing from each version of wow, such as maybe...the way Arenas were back in BC, or something similar.

My thoughts on this are;

Vanilla - Class Quests, I haven't seen much as far as hatred toward these and a lot of people seem to wish to have them back
    BC - Using various non tank classes in "tankish" type roles (i.e. Mage tank for Maul'gar, Warlock tank for Leo the Blind)
    Wrath - Ulduar version hard modes, where you have to trigger something DURING the boss encounter, versus a toggle beforehand
    Cata - The difficulty of the initial heroics, they weren't something you could just push through and know you could defeat, even with semi-decent heroic and low end raid gear.

Any other thoughts on what you would bring to current day WoW from previous expacs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishamael8

Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

Deleted
    Vanilla - I'll have to agree on the class quests. I have had so much fun getting my mount on my paladin and helping my lock friend get his.
    TBC - Heroics being heroic, there was some pretty hard stuff in there.
    WotLK - Hard modes in raids were something I really liked instead of the switches we just flip now.
    Cata - Transmog and Reforging for sure. (even though it is still in game, I pretty much hated all of Cata except 4.0 and the new ZG and ZA)
    MoP - I know not everyone is going to agree on this, the new Talent and Specialization system. Although some talents could use a little tweaking or a complete rework, it is much more interesting than the previous system.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-02-01 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even think of adding MoP since its still ongoing but I'd have to agree about the new talent system thus far, though my thoughts may change later in the xpac if a different aspect comes out that I enjoy more

Deathwing was flapping along in the dragonblight getting ready to attack the tower whennnnn..... BAM!!! He gets nailed with a giant plasma beam coming down from the sky Grafton style from Halo Reach!!!! It would seem that Rhonin finally decided to put his 24mil mana to use...

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Hybrid tax - Hybrids does less dps, because they can fill more roles.
    TBC: Ladder prossion in Heroics and Raids - because it makes sense to clear T4 before you are allowed to do T5 etc..
    WotLK: Frozen Orbs (i.e. key crafting component) was NEVER BoP - BoP crafting mats hurt the game, and make a few people rich and many poor.
    Cata: Initial 5man difficulty - Who want faceroll stuff?
    MoP: (Too new to decide)
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

TBC: Choice of two rep factions to join, forever keeping you in that choice.
    Wrath: 4 tiers throughout the expansion.
    Cata: The phasing. I like it here a lot more than in Wrath.
    MoP: Too soon to decide but if I had to I would choose the exploration aspect of it.

PS: To everyone saying something from Vanilla: it wasn't an expansion.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    True.. But it still had aspects, that should never had been removed/changed..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Vanilla: no CRZ and features that are alike. I liked server reputation and that people could be held accountable.
    TBC: lots of things had attunements - screw your opinion, I had the time for those and had a superb guild. Sue me!
    Wrath: too many to name really - loved pretty mych anything except the faceroll heroics
    Cata: loved the beginning of Cata concerning heroics.
    MOP: transmog and a nice story sofar - certainly vs cata

Vanilla: Class quest. Always fun
    TBC: Arena didn't suck like they do now.
    Wrath: Ulduar raid size/ difficulty...Every thing from LFG onward's I didn't like.
    Cata:Nothing.
    MoP: Nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

You are correct but I did state in the OP "and Vanilla"

OT: Awesome to see so many differences, and some of those are definately mechanics I would like to see in current game as well
    Last edited by Freshmint; 2013-02-01 at 11:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Gates of AQ event - I think the build up quest-wise and anticipation wise was awesome.

BC: The outside look of raids. The outside of Kara looks awesome. BT looks awesome. Heck even the eye floating off the side of the world was cool.

Wrath: The battle of undercity. That event was the best. I am so sad that I can't go back and replay it. I know scenarios are supposedly along the same lines, but
    taking one dreadlord out (Horde side) was never so much fun.

Cata: Updating - I love it when they update out-dated parts of the game. New deadmines was pretty cool.

Mop: Unsure, but so far its the lore/story. In Mop: it feels like a puzzle and every piece of content fits together some how.

I didn't play Vanilla-Wrath so there might be a lot I would miss:

Vanilla: The darkness in the environment. Zones scared you at night.

BC: Raid quests - not necessarily attunements but it's nice to have an optional side-quest storyline. Perhaps a Tarecgosa-style storyline for all the raids.

Wrath: Realm First titles. I didn't get them because I didn't play in Wrath. I don't feel bad. I'd rather not (and never) get the titles if I failed, but then earn true realm first titles if I did get a realm first.

Cataclysm: Not having to do stupid amounts of dailies, Dungeon Tabards.

MOP: Grand Commendations

vanilla: Questsystem (i dont like teh current far to convenient questingsystem. Ín vanilla, questing was an adventure, like orientationg yourself throu a forest at night, slow but exciting. Today questing is like driving on a highway.. fast, easy and utterly boring. and vanilla had classquests aswell plus some really long quests spanning zones. and elite quests.. how i miss them... and then theres the super epic aq Qline (and the opening event omg). thou i agree forcing you to farm all that rep int eh start sucked, should have reduced that part to like 1/10th or something (even then it whould have taken over 24hours of farm if you did it solo) that whould have allowed all guilds to try it pre aq opening.

bc: heroic dungeons, while the game has changed bc heroics was still harder then todys challengemodes.

wrath: Grand Q events like battle for undercity/battle for lights hope.

cataclysm: not sure there is anything from this expansion i whould take.. mby the molten front daily Q hub, it was quite entertaining afterall.

Mop: raremobs, but they need to expand on the idea, make them harder / tuned for more players / more hidden / implemented in quests / make them fit in (most of them feel malplaced atm) / make them not detectable by npc scan or similar addons / make them patrol large areas or spawn on random location (all in the name of creating an adventure ).

Vanilla: hunter pets (i loved the system and i dont care if you hated it! > )
    bc: quests with title rewards
    wotlk : Raidbosses involved in outofzone quests (LK / The vampire elves in icc)
    cata: Legendary forging quests (yeah i liked em, once again i dont care if you didn't)
    MoP: LI LI - please blizz let it be so! loved quests with li li and chen <3
    I like my coffe like my mages.