Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Engineering - what am I missing?

Probably a stupid question but at profession level 600 for engineering and having made at least one of everything what is the point of engineering?
    My other professional continue to get good stuff (JC, Scribe) but not engineering.
    Is there some dailies or drops I am missing once at profession level 600?

Thanks

SS

10+ Year Old Account
    Blingtron.

Deleted
    goblin glidder!

rocket boots!

engineering is arguably one of the best pve and pvp profession in the game because it gives you more flexibility with your burst.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Engineering is a non-profit, selfish fun profession.

That's why it's the best.

We get lots of cool toys to play with and break the game.

Glider4lyfe.

Historically Engineering was always about kooky fun shit and making arrows for hunters

With the springs Engineering has certainly shot up the tables for the best Raiding DPS spec but it will always be a fun gold sink

Synapse springs is a great dps boost that is up often. Deflector plates or something like that is a tanking mini cool down. Goblin glider is also is nice for avoiding fall damage or just getting away from something. Engineering is a great balance between useful and fun.

Utility with all the gadgets and gizmos; you pay a price in that there isn't much to sell for profit (scopes and maybe the new mounts).

That said, it's my favorite profession of all.

YOu can make some money with the mounts and pets. It's all stuff that is not needed. Just like engineering =) Which is fine with me!

Gnomish Gravity Well is like the best. With engineering we get all the cool toys to play with and one of the best dps cooldowns and even tank cooldown, then we get cool stuff like nitro boosts, goblin glider, jumper cables, world enlarger etc.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I had maxed Engineering for a while and yes the boots and glider were very handy, it seemed my boots would always malfunction and damn near kill me with the fuel leakage debuff. All in all, I loved it but most of its perks are NOT "game-changing"
    Last edited by Omaski; 2013-02-07 at 06:01 PM.

You probably missed the tinkers section.
    Engineering grants you 3 tinkers, for cloak belt and gloves, which make the profession exceptional in pvp and very good in pve.
    Synapse springs for gloves offer a burst of stat for 10 seconds every minute, equal to the 320 bonus offered elsewhere (so it's 1920 with a 1 in 6 uptime)
    On top of that you get a parachute every 30, or goblin glider once every 2 minutes.
    Finally the belt offers options including nitro speed boost every 3 minutes, or a stun grenade.

The synapse springs are the raid profession bonus, in a different form like tailoring offers the weaves. But on top you get 2 other tinkers plus cool things like a portable mailbox and repair bots/blingtron.

Engineering is exceptionally useful to have for all it's utility so hopefully you now see what you blatantly missed right in front of your face!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarella View Post
    You probably missed the tinkers section.
    Engineering grants you 3 tinkers, for cloak belt and gloves, which make the profession exceptional in pvp and very good in pve.
    Synapse springs for gloves offer a burst of stat for 10 seconds every minute, equal to the 320 bonus offered elsewhere (so it's 1920 with a 1 in 6 uptime)
    On top of that you get a parachute every 30, or goblin glider once every 2 minutes.
    Finally the belt offers options including nitro speed boost every 3 minutes, or a stun grenade.

The synapse springs are the raid profession bonus, in a different form like tailoring offers the weaves. But on top you get 2 other tinkers plus cool things like a portable mailbox and repair bots/blingtron.

Engineering is exceptionally useful to have for all it's utility so hopefully you now see what you blatantly missed right in front of your face!
    i didnt miss any of that, i just stated that it doesnt make that much of a difference to me which is why i switched from engineering to enchanting/JC

You missed the part that says tinkers
    You get BiS gear with Eng, not because of the stats but because of the cogwheel gems which is equivalent to a legendary gem
    You get fun toys for pissing off people
    You get toys that helps you on both pvp and pve. Glider or the old parachut for slow fall. Rocket boots for a mount speed MS which is usefull in many ways
    Some toys are for defensive that is helpfull for class with less of it. Imagine a rogue with absorb shield without a priest beside him.
    If your a melee class you get some range skill with those rockets provided by eng
    Jeeves, blingtron, Landmines, MC a robot npc, mounts, more mounts, and new mounts incoming
    Stun grenade, x-ray googles if you want to see everyone naked, OP glove enchant depending on your uptime that does stack with regular enchant increasing its vallue more
    ...etc, etc, etc
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-05 at 09:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    btw you can not use ur tinkers in rated pvp and in when flag carrying... i do wish i could fly across twin peaks in a ranked game
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

If your talking about dps
    In MoP, Enchanting and JC gives 320 while Eng actualy gives more depending on mechanics and your skills.

490 (2940 Int, 10s dur, 1m CD) Thats alot of damage loss you get from giving up engineering. Remember most profession give the same exact thing which is 320 as of mop.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-05 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    goblin glidder!
    This. I don't want to live without it anymore. It has even the thrill of backfiring (disconnects you), because taking risks is what engineering is all about!

Deleted
    Seriously what is wrong with you.
    The gloves bonus is good.
    rocket belt is great
    The other toys are fantastic and the glider OMG.
    The glider.....running in after a wipe. don't run down stairs glide down.
    pulled too much stuff solo? jump off a cliff and glide,
    finished cooking dailes but in combat? glide 90% of the way back to quest givers and leave combat en route.
    engineering trinket?
    helm?
    OMG you broke me now. quit engineering while it still works lol.
    If this doesn't convince you then put a glider on your cloak. get yourself cornered near a cliff in AV. jump off cliff and glider to safety. imagine the howls of frustration from the people that miised out on the free HK.
    Dude whatever drugs you are on they are the wrong drugs. Do not give me any of those wrong drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felis View Post
    pulled too much stuff solo? jump off a cliff and glide,
    finished cooking dailes but in combat? glide 90% of the way back to quest givers and leave combat en route.
    I do this all the time. I like to turn the UI off and pretend I'm James Bond.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    490 (2940 Int, 10s dur, 1m CD) Thats alot of damage loss you get from giving up engineering. Remember most profession give the same exact thing which is 320 as of mop.
    Its 1920 , which equals the 320 Stat of every other profession.
    You can line it up with other cds or burst phases, thats what makes it so good.