Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Criticize my resto shaman

Hello guys! i always want to performe better everyraid and my guild leader wants to push my numbers a little bit more

Here is my armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Editos/simple
    and here is the logs from amber sharper and empress kill from yesterday
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2179j5w57lh9p7nx/

i finally got 4p bonus and i feel kinda good

any suggestions about reforge/gems?

thank you in advance

Terrible uptime on ES and for 10m I favor crit.

70% mastery? Lol, bring that down 20%. You reforged out of spirit for mastery? No. Why no RT glyph if you're doing 10M? LB glyph for pushing dps + mana back?

The thing is i share alot of my gear with elemental spec, thats why i reforged out alot of spirit

If you're resto, have your gear primarily enchanted for resto if you're not willing to make runs outside to mount up -> reforge/regem. It's better to be over hit cap as ele than to be at 70% mastery as resto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    70% mastery? Lol, bring that down 20%. You reforged out of spirit for mastery? No. Why no RT glyph if you're doing 10M? LB glyph for pushing dps + mana back?

Woha... /sign about the mastery thingy (go to around 50% mastery and rest to crit) and the gemming/forging but RT glyph....?!?

IMO thats a manasink and the initial heal sucks... I just keep unglyphed RT on Tanks and another one... the only glyphs i would rly recommend are "totemic recall" (free healing stream ftw) an on bosses where u get dmg at least every 22 sec the watershield glyph... LB glyph... well yeha... only few bosses where u got alot of time to cast LB often (if u heal 2 men) so i would only use it on specific bosses

but thats just my opinion... i do pretty well with that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshioo View Post
    RT glyph....?!?.
    Yeah, I hate that glyph too. It turns a decent instant-cast heal with a HoT component into a... HoT component. And you lose a huge chunk of healing. It's not like I haven't tried it. I did. I produced ridiculous hps having it ticking on 10 people in AoE phases, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't have done with other tools as well or by telling people to stand in HR if possible. And it's almost always possible to have 5-6 people loosely spread throughout that huge circle that is HR. Even a spread-out raid can be healed more efficiently with other means than this design-failure.

RT glyph is just a mana sink that removes your one decent instant-cast heal. That 20-30k heal has been a life-saver so often. That glyph is just horrible design. They might as well remove the CD from RT as it is. Mana issues prevent us from spam-hotting the raid anyway, and spamming RT for the instant-cast heal only would destroy our mana as well.

I'm quite fond of the Totemic Recall glyph myself. That's the only one that I never change. My standard glyph setup involves Healing Wave and Healing Stream Totem. Those get swapped with Purge/Grounding for Spirit Kings, or Telluric Currents for Elegon (where I like to support-dps on the pillars and gain a teensy bit of mana back, doing so), or Spiritwalker's Grace for whenever I feel like it could be more useful than one of the others. I never use glyph of water shield anymore. I tried it on the bosses for which its use was suggested, but I didn't feel enough of a difference to my mana to make me give up a glyph slot for it.

I also tried out 4pc... and I honestly felt that it wasn't worth it. The pieces are just not so well itemised that our set bonus would make up for it, IMHO. So I'm passing on any tokens that anybody else can still get use out of. I'm trying to get the suitable non-set pieces at the moment, but the bosses are kind of not cooperating when it comes to spitting out the heroic versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Yeah, I hate that glyph too. It turns a decent instant-cast heal with a HoT component into a... HoT component. And you lose a huge chunk of healing. It's not like I haven't tried it. I did. I produced ridiculous hps having it ticking on 10 people in AoE phases, but it wasn't anything that I couldn't have done with other tools as well or by telling people to stand in HR if possible. And it's almost always possible to have 5-6 people loosely spread throughout that huge circle that is HR. Even a spread-out raid can be healed more efficiently with other means than this design-failure.

RT glyph is just a mana sink that removes your one decent instant-cast heal. That 20-30k heal has been a life-saver so often. That glyph is just horrible design. They might as well remove the CD from RT as it is. Mana issues prevent us from spam-hotting the raid anyway, and spamming RT for the instant-cast heal only would destroy our mana as well.

I'm quite fond of the Totemic Recall glyph myself. That's the only one that I never change. My standard glyph setup involves Healing Wave and Healing Stream Totem. Those get swapped with Purge/Grounding for Spirit Kings, or Telluric Currents for Elegon (where I like to support-dps on the pillars and gain a teensy bit of mana back, doing so), or Spiritwalker's Grace for whenever I feel like it could be more useful than one of the others. I never use glyph of water shield anymore. I tried it on the bosses for which its use was suggested, but I didn't feel enough of a difference to my mana to make me give up a glyph slot for it.

I also tried out 4pc... and I honestly felt that it wasn't worth it. The pieces are just not so well itemised that our set bonus would make up for it, IMHO. So I'm passing on any tokens that anybody else can still get use out of. I'm trying to get the suitable non-set pieces at the moment, but the bosses are kind of not cooperating when it comes to spitting out the heroic versions.

well... your text could have been written by myself!! Totem Recall is never changed... Purge/Grounding fpr Kings and Telluric Currents for Elegon and Will of the Emperor... except the watershield... Stoneguards Hero... its like a blessing

not sure about the 4pc since i still didnt got the 4th piece... but i guess youre right about that one...

To me, it just looks like your raid leader is over-healing encounters. If he wants you to "push better numbers", he needs to reduce the number of healers he brings per encounter.

I will agree that you shouldn't reforge out of spirit, even if you are offspecing elemental. (and seeing how often you use that spec, you're probably just using it do loldailies or super trivial content where your dps doesn't matter all that much) Mastery is really only good to around 50%, and then after that you're better off going full crit reforges. However, no one should even touch the riptide glyph - its terrible for any fight and only forces you into bad habits.

I agree the RT glyph can be a mana sink if you hot the raid, but I started with it for certain fights with constant AoE damage where I might be moving a bit (like Garalon) and now I'm in heroic raids I use it every fight.

It's nice to throw on both tanks, ES the MT, and on people who have some sort of debuff and be able to almost "set it and forget it". Yeah bigger debuffs I will need to healing wave eventually, but to discount RT glyph in 10 mans as a mana sink and unusable I don't think is accurate. Depends on playstyle.

Im going to have to agree that the riptide glyph isnt brilliant. I have tried it for fights which theres damage which isnt always healed instantly, like on garalon for instance and even on grand empress thingy, but every time i use it, my overall healing is lower, my mana is lower. It just doesnt feel right. Maybe I just dont know how to use it correctly but still it just feels weak

Criticize the RT glyph all you like, I run with a near mentally handicapped Hpal who can't aoe heal worth crap, so the RT glyph is more convenient for my raid group.

I'm sure it's a mana sink if you bind 1-12 RT and smash your face into the keyboard, but smart usage of it results in a decent amount of people being covered by a decently ticking HoT, along with constant TW (which you'll notice you lack every now and then without the glyph). Anything is a mana sink if used improperly.

Criticize the RT glyph all you like, I run with a near mentally handicapped Hpal who can't aoe heal worth crap, so the RT glyph is more convenient for my raid group.

I'm sure it's a mana sink if you bind 1-12 RT and smash your face into the keyboard, but smart usage of it results in a decent amount of people being covered by a decently ticking HoT, along with constant TW (which you'll notice you lack every now and then without the glyph). Anything is a mana sink if used improperly.
    Haha, i remember in my old guild a druid just put in raid chat, omg I finally learnt how to raid heal. was a laugh. Anyway so how do you go about with the riptide glyph? THe healers in my guild arent brilliant either so if it will help more I might give it a shot again. But do you like riptide, 2 healing wave, riptide again or something? Any advice would be more appreciated .

15+ Year Old Account
    The best way to get feedback on your gameplay is to post a VIDEO of you playing, not logs or stuff like that.

About the glyphs: Telluric Currents and Healing Wave are a must in 10 man raiding. The 3rd glyph changes depending on the fight (riptide, healing stream, purge, chaining and totemic recall).

And as far as the stats go... basically I've figured it out this way: you got 2 choices.
    1. gem for spirit + spiritmastery and reforge spirit>mastery>crit>haste

OR

2. gem for crit + critspirit and reforge crit>spirit=mastery>haste

The option #2 requires you to have a relatively good gear (probably 496+).

The #1 choice gives you great regen and static healing.

#2 gives you a lot bursty and smarthealing with decent regen.

Remember, healing is always about balance so don't go all out on a single thing. You need to keep your throughput stats and regen stats in balance; that's why crit works so fine, especially on 10mans.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Your number looks fine considering the classes you are healing with. Healing with a Disc or monk, unless they are afk for most of the fight, is going to put you smack on the bottom. Healing with a decent to good pally is going to having you crying in your totems. Druids will be a toss up based on 2 or 3 healing. Your percentages as well as HPS is pretty close to both so numbers look ok. Getting deeper into the log shows some pretty glaring issues.

Besides the extreme amount of mastery as previously mentioned, your Earth Shield uptime is horrid. I could see sub 50% if you are constantly getting MC'd during Ambershaper, but 24% during Empress is just poor play. That should always be on a tank, period. Get Weak Auras or Power Auras and make something that screams at you when it hits 1 stack. Earthliving and Tidal Waves can also be higher. You talented for Ancestral Swiftness but only used it once in an 11 minute fight. Again, make something that screams at you when its up and make it a personal goal to use it at least 5-8 times that fight (preferably closer to 10 times). You only used Ascendance once and didn't use Spiritwalkers at all. Ascendance is a great CD and again, 11 minute fight you can get at least 2 uses in.

So drop the mastery back towards 50%, pick up more crit and use your moves more.

Renew of a shadow priest is ticking higher than riptide hot. The glyph is a waste of mana. if u depend on the hot portion, a shadow priest would be better in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky View Post
    Did anyone else stop watching this video after under a minute, or was it just me ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Did anyone else stop watching this video after under a minute, or was it just me ?
    Nah, everyone else just doesn't watch it to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Haha, i remember in my old guild a druid just put in raid chat, omg I finally learnt how to raid heal. was a laugh. Anyway so how do you go about with the riptide glyph? THe healers in my guild arent brilliant either so if it will help more I might give it a shot again. But do you like riptide, 2 healing wave, riptide again or something? Any advice would be more appreciated .
    Standard is RT 2x HW/GHW, whatever's needed, though healing is of course more responsive than rotational

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    Renew of a shadow priest is ticking higher than riptide hot. The glyph is a waste of mana. if u depend on the hot portion, a shadow priest would be better in this situation.
    Try a heroic boss, your math is probably centered around Renew and Riptide ticking when people are at 100% health, which is roughly never.