Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really love how most of the people against RT glyph totally forget about TW.

RT is the thing you press to get TW; its heal is the plus side.

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    I really love how most of the people against RT glyph totally forget about TW.

RT is the thing you press to get TW; its heal is the plus side.
    And if you cast RT you then cast 2 ghw then... oh shit you can cast rt again without the glyph. Edit: and if you don't have RT up yet after 2HW/GHW then cast a Chain Heal and hey there's TW again.
    Its like magic.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    And if you cast RT you then cast 2 ghw then... oh shit you can cast rt again without the glyph. Edit: and if you don't have RT up yet after 2HW/GHW then cast a Chain Heal and hey there's TW again.
    Its like magic.
    You make good points, I forgot about Chain Heal's proc.

Though, try to be less of a dick next time you're proving a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Standard is RT 2x HW/GHW, whatever's needed, though healing is of course more responsive than rotational

Try a heroic boss, your math is probably centered around Renew and Riptide ticking when people are at 100% health, which is roughly never.
    Good enough for 40k HPS on Garalon 10N?

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c68p1...?s=6295&e=6706

Quote Originally Posted by Meysvindu View Post
    You make good points, I forgot about Chain Heal's proc.

Though, try to be less of a dick next time you're proving a point.
    touche...my bad early morning, and I'm kinda just a dick.
    do what you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Krysann View Post
    Your number looks fine considering the classes you are healing with. Healing with a Disc or monk, unless they are afk for most of the fight, is going to put you smack on the bottom. Healing with a decent to good pally is going to having you crying in your totems. Druids will be a toss up based on 2 or 3 healing. Your percentages as well as HPS is pretty close to both so numbers look ok. Getting deeper into the log shows some pretty glaring issues.

Besides the extreme amount of mastery as previously mentioned, your Earth Shield uptime is horrid. I could see sub 50% if you are constantly getting MC'd during Ambershaper, but 24% during Empress is just poor play. That should always be on a tank, period. Get Weak Auras or Power Auras and make something that screams at you when it hits 1 stack. Earthliving and Tidal Waves can also be higher. You talented for Ancestral Swiftness but only used it once in an 11 minute fight. Again, make something that screams at you when its up and make it a personal goal to use it at least 5-8 times that fight (preferably closer to 10 times). You only used Ascendance once and didn't use Spiritwalkers at all. Ascendance is a great CD and again, 11 minute fight you can get at least 2 uses in.

So drop the mastery back towards 50%, pick up more crit and use your moves more.
    I've tried with and without the RT glyph numerous times. My take is this: I do better HPS without it generally, but I can triage faster and more consistently with the glyph. My main goal has just been to keep TW up at absolutely all times so I can respond whenever bad things happen. I really wanted to post to just laugh at myself. I raid with a disc priest and a monk that are both overall very good and I have pretty much felt like the worst healer ever this entire tier. I was our top healer on the majority of fights throughout the last 2 expansions so this has been quite a shock to my system. Between shields and smart heals I can't get a heal off before people are healed to full usually. So, I've just tried to bring as much utility as I can and be the guy that saves people who are about to die and just let them put out all the massive raid healing. Even if I tried to keep up with them in raid healing I'd just lose anyway. It has been my most frustrating tier ever as far as healing on my shaman though and I've begged our RL to recruit a healer so I could switch to my mage because I feel worthless a lot of the time. Anyway, sweet blog and all that, hopefully I'll be a little better next tier.

I'm not a fan of the riptide glyph, either. I agree that it promotes bad habits for resto shams, it feels much more like a nerf than anything.

Your healing seems all right over all. Need much much better uptime on earth shield(I love the add on, Shields Up! It's both an audio and visual tracker for water and earth shields).

Your CDs should be used much more often. Use Ascendance early and you can get 2-3 uses out of it on longer fights. I try to use it in tandem with SLT or Elemental Mastery. If not, I'll use SLT in tandem with Elemental Mastery. OR, use EM with HTT or Ascendance w/ HTT. There's some fun combos to use that will really boost your hps, given you use it at the right moments, etc...that really comes with knowing fights well & good management of mechanic timers and the like.

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Deleted
    You should go for crit 100%.

When it comes to glyphs, I suggest the following:
    Glyph of totemic recall (every fight)
    Glyph of healing wave (pretty much every fight)
    Glyph of telluric currents/glyph of water shield

When it comes to talents, I suggest the following:
    Totemic restoration (instead of call of the elements)
    Primal elementalist (instead of unleashed fury)

The reason I recommend the following glyphs and talents is because there is great synergy between glyph of totemic recall, totemic restoration and primal elementalist. If you learn to manage your totems well and recall the healing stream totem after its last tick, I'm pretty sure this combo gives you the most healing output.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariluz View Post

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/c68p1...?s=6295&e=6706
    I gave up raiding after my guild broke up halfway through December, my logs on Garalon 10 with a friend's crappy guild in the last week or two mean almost nothing to me

Deleted
    40k HPS on Garalon is really weak. I can see from the log that he didn't use healing rain once, which is kind of strange. Not sure if you guys are stacking up, but you really should be. It makes it a really easy fight to two-heal.

15+ Year Old Account
    40k hps on Garalon... what, the, hell
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Having 70% mastery because of shared gear with Ele is not the worst thing in the world. Mastery and Crit are very close in value depending on the typical HP% of your raid, but there is no basis to reforge mastery down just to get it to 50%. There is no 50% mastery breakpoint or anything else magical that happens; it's an arbitrary number that people for some reason try to hit.