Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    How insecure must you be to be afraid of touching another man? I feel sorry for such sorry excuses of humanity, a hug never killed anyone unless it is of the bear variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    The anger is strong with this one.

You sound like you have some issues that need to be worked out by a professional. Please seek psychiatric help.
    I have a feeling he's trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Shoulder rubs, neck rubs, thigh rubs, hugs, touching hands, etc. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to do that.
    Yes because men who aren't that fond or comfortable with touching other men are clearly all insecure about their sexuality.

/roll eyes

I personally am not too keen about touching other guys, or for that matter, anyone in general - unless I know them well and the physical contact has been built up over time. Hugging, in general though, I don't have much of a problem with. I have zero problem with a girl or a guy that I know well hugging me (man-hug though in the case of a man), but anything else really...then it's something that has to be 'worked up' to.

This applies to all sorts of male touching
    --SNIP--

Don't post memes

Pity it kinda summed up the whole topic quite nicely
    Last edited by The Small Hours; 2013-02-01 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    a real man can hunt, fish, replace a timing belt and fight. those types of men don't hug other men
    What are you, from the 1920s?

Well, if hitting them in the face is "touching", i've done it alot.

Deleted
    Well you know there's a difference between touching another guy and putting your crotch in his face. I don't think it's fair to call people homophobic because they don't like that.

Deleted
    Theres a lot of internet tough guys in this thread, in my experience it is the ones that defend their masculinity the most are the ones that have "issues" with their own sexuality.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 03:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Well you know there's a difference between touching another guy and putting your crotch in his face. I don't think it's fair to call people homophobic because they don't like that.
    How often does that happen?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Theres a lot of internet tough guys in this thread, in my experience it is the ones that defend their masculinity the most are the ones that have "issues" with their own sexuality.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 03:29 PM ----------

How often does that happen?
    In Wrestling probably everytime.

15+ Year Old Account
    Afraid, not really. But I don't hug guys I don't like, as it's something personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a touchy kind of person. I like to touch things and people especially my friends both male and female.

I personally dont. I have no problem giving my friends a hug, or a pat on the back or what-have-you. Though I can understand why this question may exist, I believe that the truly enlightened and secure man wont care about contact with another man. Is this just me rationalizing it to myself? Perhaps. But im sticking to it!

If Im happy to see a friend or something whats wrong with giving a hug to show it? If there were more hugs and less fights, the world would be a better place.

Deleted
    For me it's not about fear or sexuality, I just really hate people infringing my personal space. Even my husband knows not to get up close unless I invite him to, and unwelcome close contact annoys me to the point where I have got very angry and physical with some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    I'm gay and I don't hug my close male friends (nor do I have a particular wish to do so) simply because the culture isn't like that here. We have no problems hugging our male family friends or family members but when it comes to hugging personal male friends, it's a big no-no unless you haven't seen each other for a decade.

Depends what you mean by touch..Hug/handshake/patting on the back : sure. But if you are asking whether I act exactly the same around a female friend as I do around a male one...impossible to say really, depends on the level of friendship...Generally the deeper the friendship, the less touching I need to do to express it

Quote Originally Posted by Eled. View Post
    I don't really understand the people in this thread who go all "I like it, people who don't most likely feel insecure about their sexuality."

I personally don't like it, may it be with a straight or a gay friend, I just don't like being in physical contact with a male friend.
    I absolutely love physical contact with women, but I loathe it with men. I don't "fear" it or something, I just loathe it.
    That certainly has to do with some psychological traits of mine (and of course cultural influence throughout my life) ; but feeling insecure about my sexuality ? Come on.

Edit :
    When I think about it, I might sometime make an infringement for some close friends, but that's quite rare.
    Well, anyway.
    I don't think anyone was saying if you don't personally like it that you are insecure. But when you then say if you do do it you must have sexual motives for it that you stray into the insecure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Embrace me brothers!

*holds arms open wide*

Fizzbob reminds me of the army dad in American Beauty.

OT: I have no problem with hugging.

No.

Comfortable with my sexuality. I man hug most of my mates, slap bums in the shower after gym sessions etc. All friendly banter.

Sparring and contact sports are in its own category, because the intent is to make contact. Just don't touch my junk intentionally and we're cool.

Male friends, usually shake hands on greet. Arm punches are normal, no hugs, and other primitive acts.

As to everyday stuff, handshakes is my extent of touching other dudes. Think like back pats or other reaffirming gestures are fine, I just don't use them. Things like hugging or non-formal acts to other dudes I don't do. I find them lacking masculinity.

Man to girl is different of course.
    Last edited by Rocko9; 2013-02-02 at 04:46 AM.