Poll: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    only times i dont like physical contact with men would be when sitting and the legs(knees/thighs) touch even though there is no need to with ample space.

and about hugs...i dont do it normally with girls either (unless really close friends+) so no way with men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Okay, since what fizzbob put was his own thoughts on this, allow me to ask another question here, still in the context of the subject matter.

If a gay man, someone who it either obviously gay (there with his partner, guy coming from a gay bar, overly flamboyant guy) was to offer you a hug or even a friendly pat, what would your reaction be to this?
    A man I used to work with is extremely gay, and I give him a hug every time I see him. It is just a friendly gesture, nothing more. I feel that if you don't like contact, that is fine, but don't be a dick about it. I don't hug random people, or people I just met. That is because I don't know their boundaries, it has nothing to do with mine.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Okay, since what fizzbob put was his own thoughts on this, allow me to ask another question here, still in the context of the subject matter.

If a gay man, someone who it either obviously gay (there with his partner, guy coming from a gay bar, overly flamboyant guy) was to offer you a hug or even a friendly pat, what would your reaction be to this?
    touching is personal. you might do that with family, i hug my granddad but the man wiped my ass when i was a baby. he whipped my ass when i was a kid. but we don't sit around hugging all the time.

whether the guy hugging you is gay or not is irrelevant, i have no problem with gay men, a good friend of mine is about as gay as you can be. i knew he was gay when we were 15. never cared really, he hit on me once and i just simply said "man i'm flattered, but i'm not at all interested in guys" and he said "oh well" and then we went on talking about whatever.

even offering a hug is just odd. "hey bro, you want a hug". why fuck no, i don't want a hug. i like when my kids hug me. i honestly don't WANT a hug from anyone else. i'm not homophobic, i just don't like being on fire, being stabbed with sharp stick, being hugged, etc

i don't enjoy when women hug me either, i'm not a hugger, but a guy doing it just seems like he's ignoring the obvious social agreement to not hug other guys and either he's making a pass at me, he's a pedo or he's daring me to kick his ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    A man I used to work with is extremely gay, and I give him a hug every time I see him. It is just a friendly gesture, nothing more. I feel that if you don't like contact, that is fine, but don't be a dick about it. I don't hug random people, or people I just met. That is because I don't know their boundaries, it has nothing to do with mine.
    You sir, deserve an apple *hands apple* That is just what I mean, it's a friendly gesture. The onlything that makes the line between friend gesture and something else, is that you know peoples boundries (or how it's spelled). And of course you don't hug random people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account

Well I don't dislike gays, (except for the ones that want everyone near them to know that they are gay every minute) I've even had a few as good friends, but f some random overly flamboyant gay guy that I didn't even know on the street hugged me or patted me on the back I would just make a "what the fuck?" face and laugh at what just happened. I wouldn't make a scene and scream out something harsh like "DON'T TOUCH ME FAGGOT OR ILL KILL YOU" like some egotistical maniac LOL.
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post

i don't enjoy when women hug me either, i'm not a hugger, but a guy doing it just seems like he's ignoring the obvious social agreement to not hug other guys and either he's making a pass at me, he's a pedo or he's daring me to kick his ass
    Is that a regional thing? Where I live, hugs among guys is perfectly normal

10+ Year Old Account
    touching is personal. you might do that with family, i hug my granddad but the man wiped my ass when i was a baby. he whipped my ass when i was a kid. but we don't sit around hugging all the time.

whether the guy hugging you is gay or not is irrelevant, i have no problem with gay men, a good friend of mine is about as gay as you can be. i knew he was gay when we were 15. never cared really, he hit on me once and i just simply said "man i'm flattered, but i'm not at all interested in guys" and he said "oh well" and then we went on talking about whatever.

even offering a hug is just odd. "hey bro, you want a hug". why fuck no, i don't want a hug. i like when my kids hug me. i honestly don't WANT a hug from anyone else. i'm not homophobic, i just don't like being on fire, being stabbed with sharp stick, being hugged, etc

Social agreement? I'll come back to that, first of all. I know how you feel with the asking bit, but heck, I feel it's wrong if you ask for one. But a kind gesture is something that happens, and a hug is among friends sometimes normal. You put your hand out to a stranger to greet, but if it's a long gone friend returning, a hug doesn't harm. And the social part, you are on an edge with that, it's quite social with human interaction during contact. There doesn't have to be anything to it. Of course I respect your preference to not wanting to hug people, but don't point and say that if you hug, you are less a man.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    You're making yourself look like a bigot c:
    why because i suggest you run up to someone and scream walrus? you're just going through that phase you folks nowadays go through, the "i'm in touch with my feminine side and really understand the other races and their issues" phase

even women want a real man. if you're too in touch you get stuck in that friend zone or they just assume you're gay.

i don't buy into this "it's not ok to be a man" bullshit everyone wants to sell you nowadays. i don't like soccer, i don't watch the view and i don't wanna be a woman. you'll get over it

No problem with the occasional hug / handshake

why because i suggest you run up to someone and scream walrus? you're just going through that phase you folks nowadays go through, the "i'm in touch with my feminine side and really understand the other races and their issues" phase

even women want a real man. if you're too in touch you get stuck in that friend zone or they just assume you're gay.

i don't buy into this "it's not ok to be a man" bullshit everyone wants to sell you nowadays. i don't like soccer, i don't watch the view and i don't wanna be a woman. you'll get over it
    Except for the part where I've probably had sex with more women than you, yeah sure. Also, implying soccer is a woman's sport.

I prefer not to touch other guys at all beyond handshakes; just as I prefer not to be subject to accusations of suppressed homosexuality for that preference. As cheap as childish name-calling, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Social agreement? I'll come back to that, first of all. I know how you feel with the asking bit, but heck, I feel it's wrong if you ask for one. But a kind gesture is something that happens, and a hug is among friends sometimes normal. You put your hand out to a stranger to greet, but if it's a long gone friend returning, a hug doesn't harm. And the social part, you are on an edge with that, it's quite social with human interaction during contact. There doesn't have to be anything to it. Of course I respect your preference to not wanting to hug people, but don't point and say that if you hug, you are less a man.
    i never hugged friends. didn't even hug my gay friends. it isn't normal for guys to want to hug other guys outside of family. i have 6 brothers and were not really huggers, more like the handshake and pat on the back of the shoulder kinda thing. i'd give any of them a kidney, i've been in fights for all of them, spent a night in jail sticking up for one, but we're just not huggers

this notion that it's wrong to not want to have a clothed orgy with guys is why people are so soft these days. it's pretty feminine

10+ Year Old Account
    Fizz is an internet badass. Back up guys, he will kick your ass for having long hair and looking his way.

OT: There is nothing gay about hugging, shaking hands, patting on the back, or a "good job" pat on the backside during sports(most people who learn sports don't do this outside sports). Being insecure about any of that means you have unresolved issues, or you were raised to think any male interaction outside of talking is in the realm of homosexuality. It's the wrong way to think, but everyone is raised different.

10+ Year Old Account

And had you put it this way from the get go it wouldn't have come across as negative.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Except for the part where I've probably had sex with more women than you, yeah sure. Also, implying soccer is a woman's sport.
    busting out the "i've fucked more bitches" card kind of early. let's measure our dicks too, just don't hug me while we do it
    that "i'm comfortable with everything" facade isn't holding up so well right now huh

Wrestling is hot!

I should ask my bf to wrestle when I fly to Cali.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendia View Post
    And had you put it this way from the get go it wouldn't have come across as negative.
    that's another great thing about being a real man, i don't have to pretend i give a shit if people like my opinion or if it offends them

I'm hetero. I don't mind touching. Actually, I like it. Not in a sexual way, obviously, and not overly doing it (that's awkward). Pats, handshakes, high fives, hugs, hell, even some fight-like physical contact, like pushing people around for the lulz, are things I enjoy doing and receiving. It's not something that happens often, though, probably because of that social pressure that will assume you're sexually interested (regardless of the gender of the person you're interacting with) if you're a physical kind of man, and because there is no point in doing it with someone who doesn't feel fine doing it, and there isn't many people I'm sure that don't mind / like it. Or I could say I don't trust people enough to show affection for them.

What I said goes to women and men. It's as awkward, say, to hug a female as it is a guy, when you're not sure they'll enjoy it. But maybe that's just me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never hugged friends. didn't even hug my gay friends. it isn't normal for guys to want to hug other guys outside of family. i have 6 brothers and were not really huggers, more like the handshake and pat on the back of the shoulder kinda thing. i'd give any of them a kidney, i've been in fights for all of them, spent a night in jail sticking up for one, but we're just not huggers

this notion that it's wrong to not want to have a clothed orgy with guys is why people are so soft these days. it's pretty feminine
    Never said anything about standing up to others though. And seems you have a complete different view on a hug. And as said, it's about personal preference. But if a guy hugs another, still personal preference. Doesn't make you gay or anything. "Clothed Orgy", I don't see a intelligent way of using that term for a plain hug. It's almost the same as saying you have the hots for someone because you give a firm handshake.

Not all are huggers as we both agreed, but nothing is humanly wrong with it either.

10+ Year Old Account

And then you go back to this. Hugging another person, be it a man or a woman, means nothing other than a friendly "hello".

And soccer is a beastly sport, better than baseball, imo.

I wouldn't watch the view either, it is a horrid show and I know very few woman who watch it even.

Oh, and I don't wanna be a woman either, I would hate the bleeding for a week once a month part.