View Poll Results: As a man, do you get put off any physical contact with another man?

Voters
346. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

46 13.29%
  • No

205 59.25%
  • Sometimes (depends who it is)

95 27.46%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    I put sometimes because it depends on the situation. If I'm playing a sport, or doing something that will have me making physical contact I really don't care. For example, I wouldn't be put off wrestling someone just because I'm going to be making physical contact. Now, when I gotta hug uncle Bob I'll be uncomfortable. I'm just not a hugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    The assuming in this thread is off the charts as well. You know the saying about assuming.

But I have to be either homophobic or insecure about my sexuality to not want to touch other men. I surely can't just not like touching other men because I don't like to.
    Of course not! As evident in this thread, anyone who dislikes it is obviously a closet gay trying to fight it...

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    So arm punches are normal but hugs are 'primitive acts'.

I see.
    No, primitive acts as in a constant barrage of insults among other things. Hugs aren't primitive lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    No, primitive acts as in a constant barrage of insults among other things. Hugs aren't primitive lol
    Of course hugs are primitive. A barrage of insults, requiring a constructed language, is quite modern and sophisticated. A hug, which requires instincts and a social nature, is rather primitive. Every animal capable of love hugs, after all. Not many crack 'yo momma'-jokes.

You are asking the wrong crowd tbh, half the people here have probably never seen daylight.

It's only sexual if you intend it to be. Making assumptions that someone is "coming onto you" because they want to give you a hug is ridiculous.

Always there for a bro that needs a hug! Or a handshake and shoulderbump.

I actually kissed a male friend at a party once. Ofcourse, I did that so I could get a kiss from the girl that wanted us to do that and I was drunk beyond reason. But it's all bromance!

I'm secure in my sexuality and I have no trouble with non-intimate touching from anyone I know. If it's strangers however, or people I don't know well enough, then no-one no matter what gender, gets to touch me.

The idea about men not touching or hugging is more of a Western nation thing. In India, grown men can actually walk around holding hands. Why? They're like brothers to each other, it's about respect. Other countries have the kiss on the cheek.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-02-04 at 04:08 AM.

It depends. I don't mind things like hugs, handshakes, pats, though those feel odd, but it depends really.

But I don't do it really, it can came out the wrong way and I don't want that with anyone, so I just avoid doing that to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    Shoulder rubs, neck rubs, thigh rubs, hugs, touching hands, etc. I'm comfortable enough in my sexuality to do that.
    OK everything was maybe OK until you tossed in thigh rubs - seriously? Who in the world lets you rub their thigh and doesn't find that gay? Sorry, but it just is.

In cultures around the world for example United States they usually greet each other with a hand shake. In places like middle east they do not touch at it. There is no one answer that is correct. It depends on your personality and the person and the situation you are in. If you mean being touched in general it depends why. Talking a pat on the back or what..it's very vague. Sneaking feeling it was intended to be that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    OK everything was maybe OK until you tossed in thigh rubs - seriously? Who in the world lets you rub their thigh and doesn't find that gay? Sorry, but it just is.
    Nothing wrong with doing "gay" stuff.

I'm gay. So nope. ;D

Yes. Unless it's in a non sexual manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Not pOO flinger View Post
    I'm comfortable with my sexuality, so the answer is no.

I do have a small personal space issue (in rare situations) with people I don't know but generally I am a very easy going person.
    This. I have a couple of friends who are huggers every once in a while. One friend of mine gave me a big hug at his wedding. Hugging another guy doesn't make you gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko9 View Post
    I genuinely can't decipher this sentence.
    Huh?

Physical contact in sports and martial arts is natural, and I don't mind hugging other guys except when the other guy is a complete stranger, but anyways people don't like my hugs they its like hugging an emotionless rock.
    Can you believe it? My ISP is amazing, look

Oh yea i forgot there was a 0. in front of the 8 ... internet service in America sucks.

that's usually a sign that you are not confident in your sexuallity,touching another man is like touching a dog for me...
    The constructive troll!

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Nothing wrong with doing "gay" stuff.
    Yeah, if you're gay or bi. I'm straight, and I would never ever consider thigh rubs to a guy, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I genuinely can't decipher this sentence.
    Huh?
    My "primitive acts" include constant insults, among other rude things.

I also don't fit hugs into that primitive category.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    I am man and I touch man regularly. I hug man, I pat man on back, I touch man in many non-romantic/non-sexual ways. Man is my friend.
    You are dog?
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

No, I am pretty big and good at tying knots. Better to take him by surprise though.