Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Provisions of Obamacare have been in effect since it passed.

You know that of course and are being intentionally obtuse.
    And prices were rising for decades prior to Obamacare coming into effect.

I won't assume you actually knew that though.

So let's recap. You're blaming a bill that hasn't even taken full effect yet for something that started happening decades ago.

Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    They will HAVE to lower rates to be able to compete. Sigh, take some elementary economics courses.
    In your imaginary world.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 06:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    And prices were rising for decades prior to Obamacare coming into effect.

I won't assume you actually knew that though.

So let's recap. You're blaming a bill that hasn't even taken full effect yet for something that started happening decades ago.

Right on.
    I'm blaming a bill that accelerated the rising cost with it's partial implementation and likely will make them skyrocket further once it does.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

You do know the bill hasn't even fully kicked in right?
    Insurance companies are already preparing for the increase in their rolls from people they previously could exclude (college kids, high-risk, etc.) and as such are increasing rates.

I'm in a self-pay insurance plan and they've been sending notices since Obamacare passed as law and have been dramatically increasing rates since then. Many states limit the rate of increase per year or per quarter so they need to increase NOW to get prices where they need them by 2016. My plan has TRIPLED in price in just the last few years. The insurance company just sends out notices repeatedly "Because of the coming changes due to the blah blah blah". I have Blue Cross, probably one of the best health insurers in the US so it's not some backwoods company.

Again, my insurance which was previously a few hundred dollars per month will soon cost more than my mortgage...I guess I will be paying the $2000 penalty to the IRS and I'll be uninsured. Fantastic.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    You deserve to look exactly as much a fool as you are for listening to CNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    They will HAVE to lower rates to be able to compete. Sigh, take some elementary economics courses.
    Because when a population loses the option to opt out of a purchase, the price goes down?

Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    Insurance companies are already preparing for the increase in their rolls from people they previously could exclude (college kids, high-risk, etc.) and as such are increasing rates.

I'm in a self-pay insurance plan and they've been sending notices since Obamacare passed as law and have been dramatically increasing rates since then. Many states limit the rate of increase per year or per quarter so they need to increase NOW to get prices where they need them by 2016. My plan has TRIPLED in price in just the last few years. The insurance company just sends out notices repeatedly "Because of the coming changes due to the blah blah blah". I have Blue Cross, probably one of the best health insurers in the US so it's not some backwoods company.

Again, my insurance which was previously a few hundred dollars per month will soon cost more than my mortgage...I guess I will be paying the $2000 penalty to the IRS and I'll be uninsured. Fantastic.
    Shocking, a for-profit company is intentionally gouging their customers and then blaming it on something else.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

You do know you're blaming a bill for stuff before its even taken effect right?
    Make up your mind.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Insurance companies are thrilled right now because they're going to be getting nice checks from the government to insure poor people. We're handing them customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Because when a population loses the option to opt out of a purchase, the price goes down?
    When you also control the ability of those same medical insurance companies to take more than 15% profit, then yes, it certainly has the potential to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Make up your mind.
    I think this is the closest you've ever come to acknowledging how ridiculous your "arguments" are.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You do know the bill hasn't even fully kicked in right?
    Hes saying that since it initially passed, his costs have gradually risen as the bill is slowly but surely implemented. How you even came close to interepting that he beleived that the bill is entirely in effect is beyond me.

I think this is the closest you've ever come to acknowledging how ridiculous your "arguments" are.
    I'm confused how he quoted you twice when you said essentially the same thing and asked you to make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    When you go somewhere besides an ER and they can turn you down for medical attention when you need it, maybe you'll understand the relationship. You're conflating participation in the insurance market, with participation in the health care market. They're intertwined.
    Free market economics goes both ways. A hospital should have the option to turn you down for costly non-ER treatment if you can't pay. It's no different than a grocery store refusing to let someone leave with a cartful of groceries they can't pay for even though they need food.

Other than quoting you saying conflicting things what could be more ridiculous?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I'm confused how he quoted you twice when you said essentially the same thing and asked you to make up your mind.
    No, see the second time there was an acknowledgment that parts of the bill have taken effect, therefore his entire argument is null and void because he is backpedalling because he is so wrong
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

On what planet is that? I'd love to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    Free market economics goes both ways. A hospital should have the option to turn you down for costly non-ER treatment if you can't pay. It's no different than a grocery store refusing to let someone leave with a cartful of groceries they can't pay for even though they need food.
    But they don't because "wont someone think of the children!". The government already subsidizes HR's for people that can't pay for life saving treatment because they require those same HR's to provide that treatment regardless of the ability of the person to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Hes saying that since it initially passed, his costs have gradually risen as the bill is slowly but surely implemented. How you even came close to interepting that he beleived that the bill is entirely in effect is beyond me.
    It's just an argument tactic of deliberate misinterpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Because he blamed Obamacare for the increase.

Health insurance costs have been increasing for more than a decade.

That's the point Wells is making.
    Nah I just thought making every insurance company cover pre-existing conditions and covering children until they were 28 was free.

But they don't because "wont someone think of the children!". The government already subsidizes HR's for people that can't pay for life saving treatment because they require those same HR's to provide that treatment regardless of the ability of the person to pay.
    I understand that this happens. I'm talking "should" in my post that you quoted.