Quote Originally Posted by Submerge View Post
    I think the phrase your looking for is system sellers not blockbusters. Fifa is a blockbuster, it sells a lot especially in Europe. No one is going to buy a PS4 or Xbox One for Fifa (and that goes for Madden and NBA 2K too) though.
    Actually the sports games are system sellers for lot of people, including myself. I don't even really understand why you thought no-one would buy a system for a sports game. If you want to play the best version of eg. FIFA you have to have next gen console.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    People that don't play them competitively or follow sports religiously will always be like yea, they're a roster update well that may be the case to you, but it's not for the people that actually play the games. TBH I get more dollar per hour value out of sports games then any other AAA game you can throw at me. I'll continue to buy them every year when I easily get 200+ hours out of them each year.
    Exactly this. NHL 14 is by far my most played game of late 2013-2014, and I've got great euro per hour value out of it. Why in the hell would I not get PS4 for NHL 15, especially since from now on only thing the PS3 version is going to get is roster updates pretty much.
    Last edited by Cakka; 2014-07-19 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Actually the sports games are system sellers for lot of people, including myself. I don't even really understand why you thought no-one would buy a system for a sports game. If you want to play the best version of eg. FIFA you have to have next gen console.

Exactly this. NHL 14 is by far my most played game of late 2013-2014, and I've got great euro per hour value out of it. Why in the hell would I not get PS4 for NHL 15, especially since from now on only thing the PS3 version is going to get is roster updates pretty much.
    I basically alternate years when I buy sports games. Unless they add features that I absolutely need then a two year cycle for a sports game is great. Then you get even better dollar/euro per hour per game. I played madden 13 instead of madden 25 because I didn't need madden 25 if I want a roster update I moved people around myself. I played Fifa 10 until Fifa14. And now I will get NHL15 and wait til NHL17 to buy the next unless 16 is that much better than 15.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Playstation 4 Theme Support

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...a0128859000006

Are you bored looking at your PlayStation 4's blue background? Well, you're in luck. When firmware 2.0 launches for PlayStation 4, you'll be able to download and utilize custom themes on your machine.

This news was revealed at Sony's pre-TGS press conference, and interestingly, similar news was also revealed for Vita, which will also be getting custom themes once Vita firmare 3.30 launches. Custom themes for both PS4 and Vita are largely modeled after the theme system that has been in use on PlayStation 3 for years. Themes let you alter your background image, as well as the appearance of various icons.
    IGN Game Reviews - PS4 Video Review
    09:04

In case you're curious, this isn't the first time we've heard talk of PS4's meaty 2.0 update. The roadmap for firmware 2.0 was first outlined at Gamescom, and includes other substantial features in addition to custom theme support, most notably direct video upload to YouTube, custom friend-finding options, and something called Share Play, which allows players from around the world to collaborate on completing a game together.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    awesome. current theme doesn't really bother me tbh, but If will have a choice I will definitely change it for something cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have fish on my ps3...Is this a big thing then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the option to have a custom theme is. It just gives your console a bit more personality and not look as dull for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    Having the option to have a custom theme is. It just gives your console a bit more personality and not look as dull for some.
    I'll take your word for it :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all a personal thing. I'm glad there's an option for it, and if they're introducing it in the first place, there were likely enough requests to warrant it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    It's all a personal thing. I'm glad there's an option for it, and if they're introducing it in the first place, there were likely enough requests to warrant it.
    Isn't is the same as the themes that are on PS3? Or is this an expanded version of that, because I don't see what's exciting about a console catching up with its predecessor in terms of features.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Isn't is the same as the themes that are on PS3? Or is this an expanded version of that, because I don't see what's exciting about a console catching up with its predecessor in terms of features.
    It wasn't available at launch on the PS3 either. I think they just ignore stuff like this completely until after it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It wasn't available at launch on the PS3 either. I think they just ignore stuff like this completely until after it is released.
    I have no clue if it was, but my point is that it is now. It just blows my mind that current gen consoles (at least the PS4/Xbox One) have launched missing a ton of features that the previous consoles had. Granted, they launched with a ton of new features, but why the base features weren't all there to begin with boggles my mind.

It's really something that should have been included in the launch. The ps3 had it, and you would assume with the ps4 they'd offer more customization, but it's the opposite. To me it's only the downside of the ps4, the new UI could be better. It's certainly better late than never though.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's really something that should have been included in the launch. The ps3 had it, and you would assume with the ps4 they'd offer more customization, but it's the opposite. To me it's only the downside of the ps4, the new UI could be better. It's certainly better late than never though.
    I personally like the Ps4's UI.

Themes on Ps3 didn't come out until later in its life I do believe. Some featuers like playing MP3's I don't really care for since I use Youtube/Grooveshark and other music playing area's for my music.

Don't mind the blue background I am interested to see what themes we can do tho. Also it seems Patch 2.0 is going to be fat full of featuers.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly why people use a console to play mp3s is beyond me, I guess if its the only thing hooked up to your sound system.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Honestly why people use a console to play mp3s is beyond me, I guess if its the only thing hooked up to your sound system.
    I use to stream videos from my PC to my Xbox 360 but that was like in the last few months I had a xbox 360.
    I haven't used MP3's in a LONG time. I use youtube/Grooveshark and other sorce's for music that I can also use on the ps4 web browser if I wanted to.

People keep saying the Ps4 lacked things the Ps3 could do but to me what it did/dose lack isn't much and dose not matter with a game console. The only thing I can say did annoy me was the lack of blu-ray/Dvd support that they patched in like a week later if that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    yeah exactly, I bought console for games, I hardly even watch movies nowadays

10+ Year Old Account
    My PS4 does exactly what the PS3 did for me just now, plays Blurays, Netflix and Lovefilm.

At night I often feel my unplugged PS3 judge me.

How are the chances to be able to disable the whole "Share"-stuff to free resources? Me using this thing is an absolute zero

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my PS4 and it came with a 30 day trial but I already had a PSN account so I can't use it. Keep in mind that if you've ever tried PSN then it won't work. Pretty sure it'll work even if you only have a PS3.

Here it is: 9p2j - g5nr - djtb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Got my PS4 and it came with a 30 day trial but I already had a PSN account so I can't use it. Keep in mind that if you've ever tried PSN then it won't work. Pretty sure it'll work even if you only have a PS3.

Here it is: 9p2j - g5nr - djtb
    you could just create second account used the trail there, and have benefits on all of your accounts

I don't have ps plus on my main account , I buy all the games on the other one, but can play on my main no problem.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2014-09-09 at 10:43 AM.