Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Wouldn't you like to see some gigantic raids again ?

I actually stopped PvE, since i do not feel any epicness in actual raids (Even if they do not seem to be bad at all), and i was wandering if Blizzard was planning on making a new gigantic raid - like 40 players Ahn'Qiraj, with indoor mounts due to the size of the raid. Wouldn't it be cool ?

My favorite raid in the whole game is Ulduar, but i really like the concept of a gigantic raid like the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, it makes everything more epic, since titans and their followers are known to be giant - i imagine a kind of giant Ulduar, a giant titan themed raid ! Would be so cool !

What about you ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Giant in map size? Yes, absolutely. Those are my favourite style provided things like running back from a wipe don't end up taking ten minutes, and given that there is some optional variation in terms of kill order (wings).

Giant as in 40man? No.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Giant in map size? Yes, absolutely. Those are my favourite style provided things like running back from a wipe don't end up taking ten minutes, and given that there is some optional variation in terms of kill order (wings).

Giant as in 40man? No.
    Giant in map size, that's all.

As long as I can mount up or use a teleport to get to each wing.

Deleted
    That would be awsome! Then also make it as hard as AQ40 :P

But ye, a new huge raid would be great. Kinda tired of all the small halls we got now..

Deleted
    Don't know.. thb i think blizzard is just getting lazier and cba doing big things.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post

But ye, a new huge raid would be great. Kinda tired of all the small halls we got now..

And with big size comes a shitload of trashmobs

Yes and no. I loved 40 mans, but gameplay has gotten a lot more complicated...rotations, raid encounters, etc. If Blizz brought them back they would be even more of a pita to organize.

Also graphics requirements have changed a lot, you can't do 40 mans with a crappy pc.

Edit: are we talking strictly map size? Then yes we definitely should bring large EVERYTHING back, Cata and MoP zones (both indoor and outdoor) are just too damn small. Remember seeing Ulduar for the first time from the outside and thinking "wow...."? Yeah, I haven't had that feeling in a couple of xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxtrixias View Post

What boss in AQ40 was hard? C'thun? If that boss was added today, never seen before, it would be killed day 1.

Well yes. But the thing is they would have to also take a long time to complete, with a lot of trash and many many bosses.

Blizzard has made it very clear that they think people really do not like trash, so even if they did make a huge raid it would all be rushed by and go unnoticed. (wasted resources $$ as blizzard would put it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    And with big size comes a shitload of trashmobs
    Don't think trash mobs are that annoying tbh ^^ gives me some time to piss haha

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    What boss in AQ40 was hard? C'thun? If that boss was added today, never seen before, it would be killed day 1.
    For that time it was quite hard.. So add a boss that has the same feeling in "difficulty" for now ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes yes!

Ahn'Qiraj-style 40 man raid O_O

Do want!

throne of thunder is going to be pretty big. the place is huge and you can also use mounts in there. yea, it's not as big as aq but still, i think it's going to be a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I highly doubt that, but anyway, you can't just scale C'thun to 10 man without trivializing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giant maps? Hell yes..
    Giant amount of bosses?
    Giant raid size, e.g. 40man? Hell no.. 25 is already way too crowded..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

The new raids said to be like ulduar in scope. I think we have what the OP was asking for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see some "larger raids" in terms of size of scope and area. I felt like some raids in the past, like Blackwing Descent, were just over glorified dungeons. To extent I felt some old world dungeons were larger and grander, hence had a more epic feeling when you first stepped inside and how little you felt in the world against all the monsters that populated the dungeon.

Deleted
    while i like the size of AQm i felt there always was too much dead space there with the massive long corridors between each boss.
    i rather have an ulduar sized raid then. it was also big but once you got past the front part the space between bosses was overall smaller.
    Throne of Thunder seems to be about the right size , so im really looking forward too this.

10+ Year Old Account
    There aren't any cpu's or graphics cards that could handle a 40 man raid by today's standards. No matter what your system is if you're set to ultra settings you're probably getting some pretty bad fps drains in 25 man, let alone 40 man. It would have to be something with 2004 style graphics, spell effects would have to be essentially non-existent, stuff on the floor wouldn't be able to be visible because it would tax the cpu and gpu too much...no way that would be viable now.

Back in the day of 40 man raids people could only have a certain amount of buffs and there wasn't as much aoe stuff going on. The only way they could really do it would be to make a raid with almost no mechanics, downgrade the graphics by 8 years, and limit the amount of buffs and aoe you can use. Otherwise it would be almost impossible for even the most advanced and cutting edge systems to handle it even on medium settings. That pretty much goes dead against Blizzard's philosophy of making the game accessible to as many people as possible system-wise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yes and no. I loved 40 mans, but gameplay has gotten a lot more complicated...rotations, raid encounters, etc. If Blizz brought them back they would be even more of a pita to organize.

Also graphics requirements have changed a lot, you can't do 40 mans with a crappy pc.

Edit: are we talking strictly map size? Then yes we definitely should bring large EVERYTHING back, Cata and MoP zones (both indoor and outdoor) are just too damn small. Remember seeing Ulduar for the first time from the outside and thinking "wow...."? Yeah, I haven't had that feeling in a couple of xpacs.
    Yep we are only talking about map size.