Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ew RP flooding the front page. Leave roleplay for the bedroom.

I'm sorry but this is about as serious as the WWF. PVP behind RP is just that, a second thought. There is no serious PVP here. Move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I'm sorry but this is about as serious as the WWF. PVP behind RP is just that, a second thought. There is no serious PVP here. Move along.
    You do realise they weren't trying to recreate a BG battle right? That was an event to roleplay an Alliance vs Horde battle. No one claimed it was "srs bsns" like rated bgs... sheesh..

What defines "serious PVP" anyway? Is it people like Reckful, people capable of hitting Gladiator on multiple seasons, because I'm sure he (and others in his league) would argue that 1500, 2000, 2200 (you get my point), is not serious PVP either.

So, in your world, enlighten the rest of us as to where you draw the line between serious and not serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    You do realise they weren't trying to recreate a BG battle right? That was an event to roleplay an Alliance vs Horde battle. No one claimed it was "srs bsns" like rated bgs... sheesh..
    I get it. Again my analogy to WWF fits perfectly. Some people enjoy watching choreographed fights. I don't. And I don't think this deserves to be frontpage on mmo-c. If PVP is included in the title I would expect there to be PVP. Call it an RP-Battle then.

Serious PVP includes more than auto-attacks and not staged "I'd rather jump off the bridge than die at the hands of my enemy". There is no honor in suicide.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2013-02-01 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    Ew RP flooding the front page. Leave roleplay for the bedroom.
    Ignorant. Though I was surprised to see it on the front page as well.

I really don't understand Blizzard. They chronically underestimate the benefits of some of their in-game improvements. In this case the Grand Commendations. First they didn't foresee the need to add some sort of tracking for them. Now they add a tracking ability BUT you can still purchase one AND you will not be refunded the coin if you do! Why not simply have some sort of indicator at the appropriate vendor that you already have purchased one or if you had already, simply receive an error message or some sort of a message that you can't purchase one right then and there!

10+ Year Old Account
    That guy tweeting to Ghostcrawler about the gear upgrades really made me shake my head, I hope he was just trolling, but something tells me he wasn't...

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see MMO-Champion is still the RP hating cesspool of idiocy it always was. Do us a favour MMO-Champ and don't post RP stuff here... it's wasted on these imagination-lacking fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlamin View Post
    That guy tweeting to Ghostcrawler about the gear upgrades really made me shake my head, I hope he was just trolling, but something tells me he wasn't...
    Upgrade system is stupid and ghostcrawler's response is stupid. I don't really care what the circumstances are, in pvp they should be competitive. It should be more skill based. Anyone crying for their gear advantage isn't as good as they believe.

Kinda funny to see these reactions.. "Ewww roleplay in a MMO-RPG"

Looks kinda neat.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that made the video worth watching was the Warcraft III music. It was pretty boring, otherwise.

Also, I am really tempted to make a thread over at Blizzard telling them to leave Outland alone. So tired of "outland sux0r", "outland no make sense", and on and on...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

For those intrigued by the RP event, inclding PvP for the visual effects, I would direct your attention towards
    http NOT ALLOWED TO DIRECT LINK eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2123454695

It is a thread on the Argent Dawn (EU) forum compiling a variety of videos produced by roleplayers on Argent Dawn, featuring a wide range of stories, characters, and styles.

Deleted
    Funny how when explaining a nerf to healers they talk about meters and say "It seems like a lot more than 20% to us" but when people point out a possible OP spec they say things like "meters arent a good way to measure healing". ...

stuff please???

So, I'm stuck at work and can't watch the raid testing video streams. Is there anywhere that folks are writing text updates, what the encounter feels like, what the different raid stream testers are trying for tactics? I read up on the boss abilities and this one looks interesting, I'm dying to find out how they all fit together.

And I don't think this deserves to be frontpage on mmo-c.
    It's not even on the front page, really. It's a small OH HEY LOOK AT THIS NEAT THING I FOUND at the end of a longer, more important post.

Quit getting so upset.

Alright, I like this Wrathion crap, already did since they introduce him, but hell he leaves us with a crapload of speculation (awsome speculation and story IMO). I find this part of warcraft actually one of the most awsome teasing content of everything i've seen in warcraft. It keeps you wondering constantly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop whining about showing an RP event on the front page. They show everything from raiding to pvping, its about time they showed another aspect of wow, those who give a shit enough about the game to roleplay a character in it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Argent Dawn EU: Egos, ERP and not much else.

Can't say i'm so happy about the apparent aim being for melee to feel squishy. If that's what they want i'd honestly prefer they go back to WOTLK pvp where you died in a few seconds and killed people just as quickly.
    Really, thats what you think and base it on nothing but your own prejudice?

Well heres a wake up call sweetheart, having played wow for years, I wanted to find a new server with a better community, one that wasn't up its own backside in your arena rating or your achievements. In Argent Dawn its a community of people who respect one another in the characters they roleplay as, not on pathetic rating system.

I'm an argent dawn guy too, and I'd not want to be on any other server.