Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

My situation with my current guild..

Hey everyone, just wanna ask your opinions and what do you suggest about the matter. I will narrate the short story:

We are a casual 10 man raiding guild with some heroic kills 6/6 hc from msv and 2/6 from HoF the rest is just normal clear. I play as a retri main spec only (my off spec is either retri pvp or sometimes prot pvp). I'm kinda the player who only enjoy being retri been playing this spec for many years now and I don't enjoy healing or tanking in pve at all (I have the experience of all of my class specs but I just loath of the idea of respecing other than being dps).

The guild was fine durning cata we raided full hc clear of FL and DS me as retri with no problem at all. After the release of MoP I found myself 80% of the raiding days time getting benched and barely getting spots when it comes to progress raiding. Whenever I try to figure out why or what was the reason behind it? I get an answer from the raid leader by simple being melee and retri = bad so 80% of the time no spot for our 10 man sorry (because they already have a good player melee being frost dk)

So yeah my question is....are we really that bad in pve? I mean sure I know we are not as good as frost dk when it comes to sustain dmg overall in raid but still are we really that bad to the point that I'm being automatically benched out for the fact of being Retri melee? not because of skills, or performance, or activaty at all but because of the reason of playing that spec.

I'm not saying I'm the best retri in the world ever but I'm not bad, I pull my own weight in heroic raiding, I always have the time + dedication + the capacity to raid heroic raids as ret pala.

The solutions are either to change guild which kinda hard because of my current server it's so dead..or reroll another class which impossible for me since I only enjoy playing this class and this spec you can call me Retri freak if you want. :P

Yeah I'm thinking of changing server and search for a 25 raiding heroic guild to have better enviroment and experience. But I fear that I might end up with the same situation of being benched out just because of the spec and stuff.. so yeah what do you think everyone?

Discuss please and thanks for reading sorry for the wall of texts.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You may not be a bad ret pally, but perhaps the frost DK is just that much better at his role in the raid than you are. Most raids now require the ability to sustain high dps overall.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You may not be a bad ret pally, but perhaps the frost DK is just that much better at his role in the raid than you are. Most raids now require the ability to sustain high dps overall.
    The problem is that the raid leader hate melees in general and told me he barely can tolerate one melee in the grp which the frost dk.

To me it sounds like a bad raid leader, he can barely tolerate even one melee? melee have a place just as ranged DPS.

It's up to the raid leader to balance the group properly, and more specifically i have witnessed ret paladins top the charts over other melee a few times.

quit the guild, they dont care about you nor all your past effort you brought to the table in past xpacs.

thats the problem with wow now days, its the players, they are so self centered that in many small guilds some people really expect to be treated as if they are rock stars or the royal family of england when they log on, when in truth they are nothing but boring short of attention people that use guild chat and mumble to gain everyones attention and spread their daily deeds and toughts and what they won out of boss X or Y on thier LFM raids on their main and alts as if some one really care...they think they are the center of the guild and they dont really care about any one else.

there will allways be someone who will think hes important more than you , so stop putting 110% of yourself for a reward of a heartbreak , if you know what you worth quit and try to find another guild but trust me all wow guilds that raid are corrupted ,

the future of wow is a one man guild or a single player, cause when you put people together and give only several of them power over the others it gets corrupted .

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bad raid leader to me. Such a big bias towards melee? He is missing out on a lot of really good raid buffs.
    Currently Procrastinating

Deleted
    It makes sense for garalon heroic. More than one melee is not optimal there.

When they take the class over the player (especially when the player should be considered a friend after so long) it is time to find a new guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    quit the guild, they dont care about you nor all your past effort you brought to the table in past xpacs.

thats the problem with wow now days, its the players, they are so self centered that in many small guilds some people really expect to be treated as if they are rock stars or the royal family of england when they log on, when in truth they are nothing but boring short of attention people that use guild chat and mumble to gain everyones attention and spread their daily deeds and toughts and what they won out of boss X or Y on thier LFM raids on their main and alts as if some one really care...they think they are the center of the guild and they dont really care about any one else.

there will allways be someone who will think hes important more than you , so stop putting 110% of yourself for a reward of a heartbreak , if you know what you worth quit and try to find another guild but trust me all wow guilds that raid are corrupted ,

the future of wow is a one man guild or a single player, cause when you put people together and give only several of them power over the others it gets corrupted .

That's the sad part the current raid leader I was with him helping him recruiting players and a lot of stuff I can't mention everything here in the forum..but in the end after all the dedication this is how it ends I guess just for the fact of me being melee retri.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    The problem is that the raid leader hate melees in general and told me he barely can tolerate one melee in the grp which the frost dk.
    Then the raid leader is an asshole. Although Melee bring certain issues to the team, in a 10 Man Team, there is nothing wrong with two melee DPS.

If you are constatnly getting benched and you do want to raid (there are people who don't mind being just reserve), there are only two possible courses of action. Either talk with guild leadership about that (which you did) and if that doesn't help just look for another guild. This is the big issue of 10man raid groups. If there are 10 players with rock solid attendance, there's little space for any extras, especially ones that can't (for whatever reason) fulfill multiple roles as needed.

At any rate, if you want just to dps and never do anything else, your best bet is a 25man guild.

And btw, melee don't bring extra issues this tier. I'd say it's actually melee friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchmagoz View Post
    It makes sense for garalon heroic. More than one melee is not optimal there.
    If they are 6/6 msv hc and 2/6 HoF hc now, they don't need optimal setup for anything really.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2013-02-01 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    Our guild has a retri main, he only plays retri.
    We raid only weekends (8 hours / week) and he's been on all progress kills (12/16 heroic) 10 man.
    And no, he's not being carried or slowing us down...

So your raidleader is just a jerk or your not playing optimally this tier.
    Hard to say which without logs.

Edit. He's our only melee.
    Last edited by mmoc51f27689b0; 2013-02-01 at 09:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Our guild has a retri main, he only plays retri.
    We raid only weekends (8 hours / week) and he's been on all progress kills (12/16 heroic) 10 man.
    And no, he's not being carried or slowing us down...

So your raidleader is just a jerk or your not playing optimally this tier.
    Hard to say which without logs.

Edit. He's our only melee.
    I do play good as retri to be honest but it's hard to judge how I play this content when I'm 80% of the time being benched out.

but yeah thanks for your feedback man I feel a little bit better now.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2013-02-01 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Yup, no offense but a ret isn't bad at all. If he's not willing to rotate correctly I'd suggest finding a new guild that better suits your situation.

Bad/biased leader, that's all.

Also HoF is full of mechanics that get a lot easier if you have more pally hands :P

Imo not being able to bring *two* melee sounds like an excuse, the real reason is probably something else. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad raid leader. We unfortunately raid still normal content with our 10-man group, but we have selection of 1 retri, 2 warriors, 1 rogue. They all get to raid. Whether we go with 3 melee or 2 melee DPS. As for us it is player > class. If your lead doesn't see that, then just switch guilds.

If you don't want to be a benchwarmer, cause "you are not needed as your class is bad", then just find a guild which lets everyone raid.

We have total of 11 DPS (1 with healing, 2 with tanking OS), 5 healers (all with DPS OS), 2 tanks (both with DPS OS) to choose from for our 10-man and all of them get to raid. Whether we make some kills bit more harder by not choosing the "optimal" setup, but that's what rotating people is all about.

Deleted
    All guilds work differently for example we don't bench people for entire raids as its boring, we swap in and out at least every hour. play the game you enjoy.

If you guild benches you for advancement your not actually a casual guild imho.

Deleted
    Hi there..
    I just took the freedom to look up your guild, and try to get a bigger picture..
    From what i read and see, you were 1 of the top-dogs on the server, and raiding 25m, the fell apart and rebuild yourself as a 10m guild?

To me it seems like they brougt in another paladin the 5th of january, who plays both ret and prot..
    Being a raidleader, i LOVE hybrid classes.. It gives you so much more room to move thing arroud inorder to have the right setup, without switching people in/out of the group.
    I think the problem here is the fact that you insist on playing Ret only!! - Even thou you guys are working on Garalon, where its optimal only having 1 melee, and frost DK are beasts on that fight - i can tell that you personally are only 5/6 HC in MSV and no HC kills in HoF.. I think its safe to say that you have been replaced/overlooked by you RL and its time to either be content with what hees willing to give you or find somewhere else to Ret-it-up!!
    Good luck
    Ark

^^ what he said.
    If you are a pally, i woudl expect 2 solid speccs from you as a HC progression based RL. there are already 4 classes that only dps.. but have speccs that vay when it comes o single target or multi target dps.
    you pigeonhole yrself onto one specc then got replaced by a more versatile pally. seems fair to me.