Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Wave Of Buffs for Ret Coming in 5.2 ? (blue post)

    i think its about time they noticed how Trashy the Ret is now among other classes.

    Yep. Frost is a lot better than Ret. I'm not trying to suggest otherwise. I just think that those saying the Sac change isn't potent are wrong. It's a huge buff to Ret utility.
    Yeah, we agree. It's not "Ret mandatory on every 3s team" good, but I think you can understand why we wouldn't want that.

    We are considering some other buffs to Ret still. We don't know yet if we will do any or all of these (they are emphatically not promises) but the kind of thing we are considering:

    Glyph of Blessed Life - no longer requires Seal of Insight. You can have any Seal or none active, which puts the glyph in Ret's hands.
    Glyph of Templar's Verdict - damage reduction triggered by Exorcism (or both) instead. That way you aren't choosing TV over a heal.
    Light's Hammer - also snares targets it damages while in range. This one potentially buffs Holy too, but we're not sure that many Holy paladins would give up Prism to take it.
    - Ghostcrawler


    as of Glyph of blessed life, is it having Seal of Insight passive of all time for ret ?
    Last edited by Highlord Qais; 2013-02-01 at 04:13 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Qais View Post
    i think its about time they noticed how Trashy the Ret is now among other classes.



    - Ghostcrawler


    as of Glyph of blessed life, is it having Seal of Insight passive of all time for ret ?
    no, it is holy power generation when you are stunned/feared/immobilized:

    Code:
    Glyph of Blessed Life
    Item Level 25
    Major Glyph
    Classes: Paladin
    Use: Permanently teaches you this glyph.
    
    While Seal of Insight is active, you have a 50% chance to gain a charge of Holy Power whenever you are affected by a Stun, Fear or Immobilize effect.
    
    This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 sec.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  3. #3
    Glyph of blessed life usefulness pvp 95%....pve 5% and totally rng dependent
    Glyph of templars Verdict usefulness 50% pvp....50%pve....both just damage reduction no damage dealing benefit
    Lights Hammer usefulness pvp 50%.....pve 50%.....many classes can get out of snares easily so pvp usefulness can be less.....on the pve aspect we are melee dps class and if we use Lights hammer we stay within it while it's up and so will the mobs we are fighting so what good is a snare, it's not like we can snare the mob and range them down quickly.

    as far as your question...you use to have SoI active and have the glyph to get the 50% chance of proccing the extra HP when affected by one of the movement impairing effects listed......the "new" version of the glyph would give you the same benefit but with any seal u have active, SoI will not be passive to ret.

    Here's a crazy idea.....remove the 15% penalty to Glyph of Inquisition....throw us a bone to help our dps since hey guess what Ret paladins are a dps class.
    Last edited by aliltna; 2013-02-01 at 08:42 AM. Reason: forgot to add a point

  4. #4
    Not solving any of the ret pve problems at all.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Not solving any of the ret pve problems at all.
    Ret has few pve problems. It's scaling will just get better with gear, we are middle of the pack, and our T15 set bonuses are looking strong.
    Blessed Life change is meh, cd on it is too strong. Should be like every 10-12 seconds, 100% chance.

    TV glyph awesome change, more uptime is nice.
    Light's Hammer... meh. In RBG's it'll be ok I guess, meh for arenas and meh for pve.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Ret has few pve problems. It's scaling will just get better with gear, we are middle of the pack, and our T15 set bonuses are looking strong.
    Blessed Life change is meh, cd on it is too strong. Should be like every 10-12 seconds, 100% chance.

    TV glyph awesome change, more uptime is nice.
    Light's Hammer... meh. In RBG's it'll be ok I guess, meh for arenas and meh for pve.
    It's not like everybody else stays with old gear and only ret improves with new gear.. So point is moot.

  7. #7
    It doesn't change at all the PVE problems. We will remain a burst class. We do a lot of damage at the start then bugger all for 2/3 mins then a burst again, then bugger all.

    We may well scale well later on in the expansion, but other classes do as well Warriors always scale massively towards the end.

  8. #8
    Well,it shows that they do read some complains about Ret and are aware the spec has issues and is very squishy. But about 90% of people hope for Cata Sacred shield + last word back or a passive dmg reduction. Heh...

    Any buff to ret is good atm,but these are not the buffs most people expected,though glyph of TV is quite good. If 5.2 is in late february or early march like all say,they still have time to buff the spec properly.

  9. #9
    The entire thread was ripped out of context.

    GC answered to this question:

    Yep. Frost is a lot better than Ret. I'm not trying to suggest otherwise. I just think that those saying the Sac change isn't potent are wrong. It's a huge buff to Ret utility.
    Yeah, we agree. It's not "Ret mandatory on every 3s team" good, but I think you can understand why we wouldn't want that.

    We are considering some other buffs to Ret still. We don't know yet if we will do any or all of these (they are emphatically not promises) but the kind of thing we are considering:

    ....
    So all this buffs are only meant for PVP, with little to no buff to PVE.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky303 View Post
    The entire thread was ripped out of context.

    GC answered to this question:



    So all this buffs are only meant for PVP, with little to no buff to PVE.
    They haven't done number tuning for PVE yet either.

  11. #11
    I just want Divine Intervention back and I'm cool.

  12. #12
    I really like starting Elegon at 356k dps and ending at 166k dps.

    I also like those dips down to 84k dps, and then doing 843k dps in the final burn phase.

    To say my WoL looks like a roller coaster would be an understatement. The RetCoaster, Now with Higher Peaks and Lower Dips!

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2758&e=3204

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Ret has few pve problems. It's scaling will just get better with gear, we are middle of the pack, and our T15 set bonuses are looking strong.
    You should really pay more attention to current pve situation. If you cannot check it yourself, wol and simc are always at your service.

  14. #14
    these aint a Buff
    These are just Meeeeeeeeeeeeh
    Reason:
    http://i.imgur.com/iSc9hyQ.png

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    these aint a Buff
    These are just Meeeeeeeeeeeeh
    Reason:
    http://i.imgur.com/iSc9hyQ.png
    should add a buff button for mage class at the end.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    1,951
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRaven View Post
    It's not like everybody else stays with old gear and only ret improves with new gear.. So point is moot.
    No, but we do scale well with weapon damage and high haste and high mastery, while, for instance, a class like Feral really only cares about mastery way more than other stats. Or a warrior and crit.

    Either way, Ret is in a middle of the pack spot and getting good set bonuses. And... as they've said 100 times, they are doing concept changes not tuning sweeps.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 01:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    You should really pay more attention to current pve situation. If you cannot check it yourself, wol and simc are always at your service.
    I have never once struggled as much as people bitch. Now, you're right, I don't do heroic raiding and spend all day bitching and moaning at logs, but other classes have it worse than us. Wait for the tuning changes and we will probably see a buff to crusader strike damage. The entire post about the glyph changes were about PvP, so I'm not really sure why PvE'ers are complaining.

  17. #17
    For pve and pvp Ret damage is very low... If they really need to nerf the burst do it, we need a over all damage buff(sustained damage buff).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Either way, Ret is in a middle of the pack spot and getting good set bonuses. And... as they've said 100 times, they are doing concept changes not tuning sweeps.
    I'd like you to check the current PVE situation (all t14h bosses) and think over your "middle of the pack" sentence once again.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/30/default/
    Keep in mind these are still top 200 logs overall, so people playing these classes know what are they doing. More than that, ret to be competitive relies on some cheesy tricks other classes don't rely on (I can't say mages removing their weapon to prevent proc from invocation and so on as cheesy as using a gear from previous expansion and so on), which will be removed soon thus dropping ret even lower.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I have never once struggled as much as people bitch. Now, you're right, I don't do heroic raiding and spend all day bitching and moaning at logs, but other classes have it worse than us. Wait for the tuning changes and we will probably see a buff to crusader strike damage. The entire post about the glyph changes were about PvP, so I'm not really sure why PvE'ers are complaining.
    Nah, I've never intended to insult you, or your skills, or your progress. Ad hominem isn't a good strategy, so I've never even opened your armory or anything. It's just the situation is obvious for those who raid themselves and those who don't can assess the situation using logs and simc — the exact solution I've offered you. Other classes, you say? Current ret is better only than hunters, who were amazing in pvp not early ago. Wait for tuning changes, you say? Haha, that's exactly what we're all waiting for since cata launched. And till wotlk launched as well, btw.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    I'd like you to check the current PVE situation (all t14h bosses) and think over your "middle of the pack" sentence once again.
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Scor...14/30/default/
    Keep in mind these are still top 200 logs overall, so people playing these classes know what are they doing. More than that, ret to be competitive relies on some cheesy tricks other classes don't rely on (I can't say mages removing their weapon to prevent proc from invocation and so on as cheesy as using a gear from previous expansion and so on), which will be removed soon thus dropping ret even lower.
    It's not really going to drop ret lower because they'll obviously compensate for that. Ret still isn't that great though at the moment, obviously.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    It's not really going to drop ret lower because they'll obviously compensate for that. Ret still isn't that great though at the moment, obviously.
    Last time they fixed Ret abuse-it-or-be-at-bottom it was AW-HA pull. Haven't seen it compensated also it definitely dropped us lower.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •