Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Emerald Dream themed expansion soon ?

Well, we fighted Deathwing who got maddened by N'Zoth, which is responsible for the Emerald Nightmare.
    Also, Ysera, the guardian of the Emerald Dream lost her powers along with the other aspects.

So ... isn't the Emerald Dream more vulnerable to the Emerald Nightmare since Ysera can't protect it ? Here is my expectations, on the next (or after the next) expansion, we will probably have to cure the Emerald Dream from the Emerald Nightmare and finally kill N'Zoth, we'll have to replace Ysera and mortals will become the new guardians of the Emerald Dream.

Since Azshara and Xavius are N'Zoth's minions, we'll probably have to fight them in early and mid tiers as final bosses.
    Plus, we'll maybe have to fight Neptulon since he's the most pernicious of all the elemental lord, but he has been weakened since the Naga stole his trident.
    Azshara = Naga.
    Neptulon's Trident = New legendary weapon ? (This weapon have the power to controle the ocean).

I imaginated that we could have to bring the trident back to Neptulon by killing Azshara, starting a long quest ending up by fighting Neptulon who betrayed you (Why ? Cause he's evil lulz), in order to get his trident and use it for yourself.

We killed every chance we had of there being a Emerald Dream expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Emerald Dream will always be the next expansion.
    I'd love to see it and I think we definitely will eventually but it's basically Blizzard's Half Life 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    We killed every chance we had of there being a Emerald Dream expansion.
    Well actually the main threat for Azeroth is N'Zoth, he's responsible for Deathwing's madness, and he's also responsible for the Emerald Nightmare, it would perfectly fit with the actual lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was an interesting concept posted here about how to combine both Azshara and the Emerald Dream into a workable expansion.

I'm of the opinion that Azshara could carry an expansion by herself now that she has Neptulon's trident (and presumably the power to raise sunken continents). N'Zoth would make a good villain to face if he is indeed responsible for creating the naga. He'd also work in an Emerald Dream expansion too. No reason he couldn't be in both, I guess... maybe purge the Dream of his Nightmare first, then face N'Zoth himself in Ny'alotha after Azshara raises it from the sea floor.

We'll get there eventually...

Any hopes of and ED expansion were killed in one of the recent lore books.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Could you be any more specific without revealing too much? I haven't gotten around to reading them yet..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    actually, in "Stormrage" it is stated that there is one spot in the emerald dream that could not be purged. it could become the source of new corruption

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Could you be any more specific without revealing too much? I haven't gotten around to reading them yet..
    In the novel Stormrage, the Emerald Nightmare is more or less obliterated, except for one rather small region referred to as the Rift of Aln.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

We had enough druids, hippies and other natural shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    In the novel Stormrage, the Emerald Nightmare is more or less obliterated, except for one rather small region referred to as the Rift of Aln.
    yup

and this is exactly why i dont think there will ever be an emerald dream expansion - most of the content was written off in this book, the only thing we're left with is this suspicious place where Nzoth is probably hiding.

all that's left is potential for another sea themed zone within a new expansion to deal with it, but i very much doubt there is enough content there to make a full sea themed expansion out of it, let alone a full emerald dream expansion - we might get some kinda emerald dream questline with a small area of the dream/nightmare to explore, but that'll be about it.
    <insert witty signature here>

Ugh, I just can't stand the amount of lore they keep putting in novels instead of in the game. Is the game really so terrible for telling story?
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    The rift of Aln is considered as the counterpart of the Maelstrom (formerly, the Well of Eternity) in the Emerald Dream.
    And guess where is N'Zoth on Azeroth ?
    Under the Maelström (or at least near it).

I don't think it'd be a good expansion. Maybe a patch or a raid, but not a whole expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it will be a expansion, the name itself sounds awesome, World of Warcraft Emerald Dream PREORDER NOW

Deleted
    would be awesome to have a Emerald Dream Exp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    I hope it will be a expansion, the name itself sounds awesome, World of Warcraft Emerald Dream PREORDER NOW
    Or Emerald Nightmare, sounds cool too

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the portals are still there in Azeroth and it's no longer possible to explore the design area we used to call "The Nightmare"...

Who knows?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    The Emerald Dream will always be the next expansion.
    I'd love to see it and I think we definitely will eventually but it's basically Blizzard's Half Life 3.
    Isn't it just... every damn year. 'NEXT EXP IS EMERALD DREAM CALLING IT <insert wall of text of reasons why>'

I never want it to actually happen just to keep it a running joke now...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of Cataclysm, the Nightmare has begun to spread through the entirety of the Dream once again. The events of the novel Stormrage appear to have been largely ignored.