Rolling a new healing class, help me decide?

Before you say anything, I know you are probably thinking "this is another one of those dumb fotm posts" but honestly that's not what I'm asking. I have played wow since vanilla, and have always played dps. I played resto druid a bit, but not for very long or very seriously. I am currently a bit bored with all the dps classes, and healing sounds new and refreshing. I am looking for an all around good healing class, that is good in PVE and PVP. Right now I have 3 that I am considering ( Hpally, Priest, and Rshaman), but I am open to other possibilities. How are the play styles different between each healer? Any advice would be appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    well if you're "rolling a new healing class", the only logical answer is a monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Haha I am pretty sure you know what I meant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hpalas are doing nice in both PvE and PvP. Rshammies are acceptable in PvE and good in PvP (from what I've heard and seen, haven't tried myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you are ''rolling'' a new healer, it seems like Monk is the name of the game
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Karakura View Post
    I am looking for an all around good healing class, that is good in PVE and PVP. Right now I have 3 that I am considering ( Hpally, Priest, and Rshaman), but I am open to other possibilities.
    If you want to be FOTM, play a Holy Paladin.

They have a strong PvE presence (aside from imba Disc priests).

I haven't played my paladin in MoP, but in 4.3, healing Heroics with straight up crafted PvP blues was a breeze compared to other classes at equivalent gear. You just put beacon on the tank, let Protector of the Innocent heal you and you Holy Shock, WoG, Holy Light, Divine Light the 3 remaining players. To my knowledge, Holy Paladins haven't had any major changes in PvE since Cata besides getting a new heal (T5 talents).

Holy Paladins are also exceptionally powerful in PvP for arena as well as rated and random BGs.

All in all, I think you'd be happy with a Holy Paladin.

I suggest you go for a Priest. Human if you are Alliance or Troll if you are Horde. Priests have 2 Healing specs. Holy is a pure Healing spec and Discipline is a Healing spec but you can do some nice damage as well.
    It is very easy to level as Discipline and you will own almost everyone in low level PVP especially if you are full Heirloom equipped. I have 3 Priests, one at 90lvl and 2 at 85. I leveled the 2 85's only by doing Dungeons and Bgs because it is very fun to see 4-5 members of the opposite team in a bg trying to kill you while you /rofl at them.
    So, Priest is a class with 2 Interesting Healing specs and one very strong and fun dps spec.
    If you want a good Healing class, then I say that Priest is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    i find that resto shammys are a really smooth healing class

they have an amazing short cd heal/hot, consistently fast (and powerful) heals because of Tidal waves

pretty snappy ae and AoE heals (chain heal and healing rain respectively)

in pvp they have a lot of survivability compared to pallys/druids (pallys are surprisingly squishy without bubble, and druids rely on consistent mobility which can be shut down with stuns), while still retaining rather good mobility (windwalk totem/glyphed ghost wolf)

edit: and most races that can be shammys complement the class with racials (orc with big cds like healing tide totem, troll with bloodlust, dwarf in pvp against Dks or rogues)
    Last edited by Jawless Jones; 2013-02-01 at 10:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Just watch some videos, read some class info, and pick whatever seems more interesting to you. Unless you really want to pick a FotM healer, which would probably be Hpala at the moment, this is like asking "help me pick a new favorite color".

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome to browse the class guides in the forums, or check out other sites like EJ and Noxxic to learn how they all work, but no one can decide this for you.