Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to track Skull Banners? *Important for Destro.

Skull banner is one of the most powerful aura that raid can provide besides Blood lust for Destruction Warlock.
    I'm trying to track the Skull Banner's CD and the duration of it when one of the warrior in our raid casts it.
    Here is the exact model that I would like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSBAZyub2hE

Watch his top right corner where he tracks 3 skull banners. Duration and the Cool down of existing warrior in the raid group.
    I use the add-on TellMeWhen.
    Do you guys know how to configure? If by any means of me having to download a new add-on, I'm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing through weakauras. It's pretty easy to track anything.

Edit: I can't really go into more detail on how to do it; since in order for me to make things I take time to learn how through trial and error on WA. I'm guessing he uses one for tracking when it was placed down(moment he received the buff and for the duration that the banner lasts, since the buff itself doesn't have a timer), and how long the banner stays down. After that another WA icon takes it place showing the CD of the banner. Then another to show the names of people at the bottom right corner of each icon(not sure about this, since I'm not good with coding and this might be an option through coding).
    Last edited by Haizer; 2013-02-01 at 11:03 AM.

Deleted
    Honestly i've never tried using TellMeWhen, but it's quite easy with Power Auras or Weak Auras.
    You want to configure it into telling you when the buff "skull banner" is up, and when it runs out, make an icon with a 2 minute CD.

I don't play a lock though, and i'm not sure if this helps you at all, but at least it functions as a bump :]

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can't watch vid due to germany being a stupid country... But as far as I am concerned tracking the CD isnt important as atleast I use it only at the start, and then for execute phases or some other times when needed.
    On tell me when just set it to track buffs on you like normaly.

Edit how to set it up. Right click on an empty slot you want to put it up on your TMW slots/timers. Choose buff/debuff -> Choose spell(s) to check -> Skull banner. -> Unit condition buff -> Timer sweep -> Show timer. And anything else you want to set with can be done there

Nvm didn't work the way i expexted it to, doesn't show timer even with artificial maximum...
    Last edited by Hideous; 2013-02-01 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Can't watch vid due to germany being a stupid country... But as far as I am concerned tracking the CD isnt important as atleast I use it only at the start, and then for execute phases or some other times when needed.
    On tell me when just set it to track buffs on you like normaly.

Edit how to set it up. Right click on an empty slot you want to put it up on your TMW slots/timers. Choose buff/debuff -> Choose spell(s) to check -> Skull banner. -> Unit condition buff -> Timer sweep -> Show timer. And anything else you want to set with can be done there

Nvm didn't work the way i expexted it to, doesn't show timer even with artificial maximum...
    the icon didnt even pop up for me lol. and the guy in the video is using WeakAuras I found.

---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:33 PM ----------

Hmm...
    What do you guys think of the add-on Hermes?
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/hermes
    I think I will try this out. Maybe this will give the solution xD

Deleted
    I use Classtimer for all those things, might be easy to miss as it's only a bar with the Text Skull Banner in it, but it works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using Weakauras for this, it's quite basic but it gets the job done.
    Haven't bothered with duration yet but I'll try to get that sorted soon. ^^

Code:
    d4szbaGlk0RjyUqy2qDtLGBls7uu2lA3uTFi6NuQ)cGXPKYqvs1GjKHRe1XOKfkKfRuz5sEOsrpv1Jb65KAIkjMkrtwetxQlQK0vvICzfxhsBMI2UsOPrbFNq9Bs(Msjhg04vkCsr1Tuk1PfCELQggG(SqTmaAArjFGp37PmHGdICqLRrigwvqvaOfqX4Dq3NIxZBz0GXTmUgFkFcFcL8ByBAQNMzBdOfq(AIdkxUF5HpaQCEqLcNOe7mIx3qqb96QG38r2sP9c8oAQScXXtPzMfFxH44POK3HPJMsMzXFbumgPOiO7tXMnVUHGc6nvEddE64nV9sYNVYQ8He(lGIXiffbDFk(92MM6PzgGgaYJvWek5lfEOKpff3bkzZMnBEiL8xafJrkkc6(u85EpLjeCqKdQCncXWQcQcaTakgVd6(uS5xKzwgacKnja

oh didnt see new replies.
    I'm just here to notify that I have figured it out. I just decided to download Hermes and it works perfectly fine. Thanks everyone.

It really does help to track it's CD as well as it's activation and duration. This way you can yell at your warrior, "HEY! Boss is going immune in 20 seconds and your SB is off CD in 18 seconds. SAVE IT!"

Or at least you can plan your ember usage better.

I use power auras to track it.

I'm a big fan of power auras and prefer it over weak auras,...to each his own I guess. But this is something that would be so simple to configure via power auras, you can have it show the timer on it and everything

That lock is ZumZum. I tried to get the setup he used which I think he mentioned it was WeakAuras.

I use TellMeWhen however and the only way I could get out of TMW was just showing when I had the buff. No duration or who put it down. Also, tried getting my Emberbits to show a numerical value as well like his as well however TMW only does full Embers not the Emberbits. They list Emberbits somewhere in TMW but it doesn't seem to work.

I'll probably swap to WeakAuras whenever I get back home after my 2.5 vacation =D

15+ Year Old Account
    Your best bet is to send his youtube account a message asking him what he uses and if he uses weak auras if you can have the string he uses for thoes! Whenever I get some one sending me a message about something on my UI in youtube I tend to answer it right away and makes me pretty happy that some one not only watched my vid but liked my UI setup enough to ask for a part of it

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    Your best bet is to send his youtube account a message asking him what he uses and if he uses weak auras if you can have the string he uses for thoes! Whenever I get some one sending me a message about something on my UI in youtube I tend to answer it right away and makes me pretty happy that some one not only watched my vid but liked my UI setup enough to ask for a part of it
    tbh, before I posted this thread, I've msg'd him over youtube. MMO champion. but it's all cool now, I got it down with hermes addon ))

Deleted
    Hey, sorry Zeyqs I haven't had the time to answer your PM on MMO-C between PTR tests / regular raids / IRL, I don't usually let messages un-answered.

Deleted
    This is how you could do it in TMW

Code:
    ^1^T^SType^Scleu ^SSourceUnit^SWarrior1 ^SName^SSkull~`Banner ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_SUMMON^B ^t^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SAnimations ^SAnimation^SACTVTNGLOW ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STextLayout^S,J`7/uT8KfBj ^STexts^T ^N1^SWarrior1 ^t^t^t^SCustomTex^S114207 ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^SCLEUDur^N10 ^t^N61225^S~`~| ^Sicon^^
    Code:
    ^1^T^SUnit^SWarrior1 ^SType^Sunitcooldown ^SAlpha^N0.8 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STextLayout^S,J`7/uT8KfBj ^STexts^T ^N1^SWarrior1 ^t^t^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SFakeHidden^B ^SUnAlpha^N0.8 ^SEnabled^B ^SName^SSkull~`Banner:~`3:00 ^t^N61225^S~`~| ^Sicon^^

Make a Meta Icon and put the Combat Event icon first and Unit Cooldown second.
    You could tweak the opacity stuff if you don't like it and make a new text layout if you wanna change size/move the name of the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    This is how you could do it in TMW

Code:
    ^1^T^SType^Scleu ^SSourceUnit^SWarrior1 ^SName^SSkull~`Banner ^SCLEUEvents^T ^SSPELL_SUMMON^B ^t^SEvents^T ^N1^T ^SType^SAnimations ^SAnimation^SACTVTNGLOW ^SEvent^SOnShow ^t^Sn^N1 ^t^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STextLayout^S,J`7/uT8KfBj ^STexts^T ^N1^SWarrior1 ^t^t^t^SCustomTex^S114207 ^SEnabled^B ^SShowTimerText^B ^SCLEUDur^N10 ^t^N61225^S~`~| ^Sicon^^
    Code:
    ^1^T^SUnit^SWarrior1 ^SType^Sunitcooldown ^SAlpha^N0.8 ^SShowTimerText^B ^SSettingsPerView^T ^Sicon^T ^STextLayout^S,J`7/uT8KfBj ^STexts^T ^N1^SWarrior1 ^t^t^t^SShowWhen^N3 ^SFakeHidden^B ^SUnAlpha^N0.8 ^SEnabled^B ^SName^SSkull~`Banner:~`3:00 ^t^N61225^S~`~| ^Sicon^^

Make a Meta Icon and put the Combat Event icon first and Unit Cooldown second.
    You could tweak the opacity stuff if you don't like it and make a new text layout if you wanna change size/move the name of the dude.
    Thanks, it works :O
    did you make TMW add-on? i could never imagine myself actually figuring this complicated configuration by myself.

Deleted
    No I'm just a fan of the addon and have used it for quite some time.

This is the Weak Aura string he uses;

Code:
    d4e4saGii4scvHrHk5uOIELqcMfKYTqjzxqugMkPJPszzOK6zQOY0ieUgQuBdQW3esACqfDoHuUNkvheQ0cHspKqAIQOCrHkBuOOpQIQAKcjuNuLyLOuVuir1mrfUPqHDcf)uO0qvr0rfsilLq0tfnvv4QOeFvivNvirzTcvPERkQYCvr4Ucvv7f5VOQbdomPwme5XOyYuQlt1MPKpdvnAH40KSAHeXRHunBjDBc2TQ(TGHdjhxOQ0Yj65umDPUUeBhc9DvKgpevNNqTEHQI3luLmFHeP7lufTFLPB0bLA6GAknuEdzIazrfz4KsbkTP0MoOe5XAzz8MWWQODLBKD7Cr7goUEJBCWAUPuCSwwgVPyIZOELBCGtCYAU5M7OjcrenCqwSseIGsJxTozq9nLyJ94i2yWrCX8GsPJxf(dXOCkXldfuu(fHdPcpExAim3OuztzgLZchCmalUyWeNiJ3uwdAB6GszO60bLcLAROdQPMAkDKJs)2UnHe1uYqheMB0bLTuHhVlPdkBXOCkDe9VP0eksgNsSfllDnqPPGKJO)DwSSuiNs(KLyeJyXqPDrQBv4P8goVsPJO)nLIgeqs3d4iGNYIX5nO8AfJwWjSuwEhr)BkBLGBtzX48MqrY4Lx1esuwmoF5vnHLYIX5nHIKXjSuAq51kgTGtzIEPwhGv)VlPKPy6GaFeLTtzReCBQP0k8nLXvrKLldIz4BkJ4k8rAcd3xPSg020bLYq1Pdkfk1wrhutn1uARmOQAXzRzq3qj2ILLykLoEv4peJYPuXeEkv2uIfxmyItKdWYsmJzu2arpJYtv2Decd3xP8lchsfE8U0qyUrPTYGQQfFHj8uE5BxAPz8tCHj8MtCQwkvbjVb9sTIK(FxsjtiuTdN(ewQjmSMoOSLk84DjDqjtX0bb(ikBNYwj42u2Ir5u6i6FtPjuKmoLX2Q4lLMcsoI(3zXYsHCk5twIrmIfdLguETIrl4uMOxQ1by1)7skTlsDRcpL3W5vkDe9VPu0Gas6Eahb8uwmoVjuKmoHLYIX5nO8AfJwWjSuwmoF5vnHLYIX5nHIKXlVQjKOS8oI(3u2kb3MAkTcFtzCvez5YGyg(MYiUcFKMWW9vkRbTnDqPmuD6GsHsTv0b1utnL2kdQQwC2Ag0nugBRIVukD8QWFigLtPIj8uYecv7WPpHLsLnLyXfdM4e5GypUefnq0ZO8uLDhHWW9vkrESwwgVjmCZAKXnLFr4qQWJ3LgcZnkTvguvT4lmHNYlF7slnJFIlmH3CIt1sPki5nOxQvK0)7sQjmNJoOe5XAzz8MWC7k3u2sfE8UKoOSfJYP0r0)MstOizCkfP(TJpoLMcsoI(3zXYsHCk5twIrmIfdL2fPUvHNYB48kLoI(3ukAqajDpGJaEklgN3GYRvmAbNWsz5De9VPSvcUnLfJZBcfjJxEvtirzX48Lx1ewklgN3eksgNWsPbLxRy0coLj6LADaw9)UKsMIPdc8ru2oLTsWTPMsRW3ugxfrwUmiMHVPmIRWhPjmCFLYAqBthukdvNoOuOuBfDqn1utPTYGQQfNTMbDdLIu)2XhNsPJxf(dXOCkvmHNsLnLyXfdM4e5arIlMZI3Xnq0ZO8uLDhHWW9vk)IWHuHhVlneMBuARmOQAXxycpLx(2LwAg)exycV5eNQLsvqYBqVuRiP)3LuYecv7WPpHLAcJiOdkzkMoiC4iVP0Q8mTk8CX5ypyWGb1aJUoGhTb8OnGhTb8OnGhTb8OnGhTbmAt7Yb3hWYRASfllUqavvl2LiG2aesukPQhWH6rFWrODbe4CShmyWaL1agTPD5G73h8Q6GoI)J9GbdgmyWGbsVlYFacmAt7s(xl4im2dgmyG)2J9Gbdgudm66Gxl4Onq66QWG7dy5vngTGZfJ20UKZXEWGbdyfRgGsQ(MRxl4Co2dgmyG07I8h8AbFS93MsXXAzz8MWWkUXzurgRznRVHJOgnCGZOYnLAMwfEdDqPP1YMoOuWngnENVfJYPmUye7rCuAh4fCJrJ3jKO0oWZumDqGqIAQPSLk84DjDqPP1mOZRERaLmHY3uQlDGPgENWsPbLxRxSPmArve44CuIxgkOyQH3jKO0Ui1Tk8uE7kLVwW5vVvGsuvTyxAO81cUHoim3OmrPKQEahQh9bhH2fOMYY7i6FtPU0bkFTGZhq5sDhKuE)oLfJZxEvtyPSfJYPKPy6GaLDiuBfk(akxQ7GKY73P81coLIuxRIvp(bIkftzhc1wHIYdxavqQLQQ4b4L6Vndehkd0V9aDToaLw2IheKdKAL9abxajxAgCQQJO(bN76aXAPTzaRVgpgeSgiOrUsOimiIRRDKbwb5GBxhyCgKnyaUwTlh0r8bULLZ0dCKJsjDdAd6i(GiUU2rgOmdQbtJmkDe9VPe3A7Yx3(Gtgo1LuYumDqaJwWP0Q8mTk8CX5ypyWGb1aJUoGrBAxo4(aJxDMMlCI2awEvJTyzXfcOQAXUeb0gGqIEPwhGv)VlrGtoh7bdgmqznGrBAxoOJ4)ypyWGbdgmyqnWORdETGp4(awEvJrl4CXOnTl5CShmyWGbdgmq6Dr(dETGp2dgmyG)2J9Gbdgi9Ui)biWYJ(ho9ryS93MsMIPdcNvK6wfEkTkptRcpxCo2dgmyqnWORdy0M2LdUpW4vNP5cNOnGLx1ylwwCHaQQwSlraTbiKOxQ1by1)7se4KZXEWGbduwdy0M2Ld6i(p2dgmyWGbdgudm66Gxl4dUpGLx1y0coxmAt7soh7bdgmyWGbduwdIoU8jwEr1M2L8COm9a9Bpi64YNy5fvBAxYZHY0N3Rf84FqhX)XEWGbdgmyWGbdgmq6Dr(dUDfTbrhx(elVOAt7sEouM(8ETGh)rHBxr2TbSIvdIcxr2Tbwb5GoIpW2RAXJ9GbdgmyWGbE14J9GbdgmyWGbdgmyq0XLpXYlQ20UKNdLPhCFq0XLpXYlQ20UKNdLPheKdIxXZXEWGbdgmyWGbdgmi64YNy5fvBAxYZHY0N3Rf84)(579HsW5ItwDfz3g7bdgmyWGbdgmyWaP3f5p42v0gC(EFOeCU4mkC76ypyWGbdgmyG)2J9Gbdg4V9ypyWGbsVlYFWv0giO7iilsbVp2(BtzX48guETEXMWsjtX0bbkTkptRcpx8OnO8Q(YzCo2dgmyGYAq5v9LZgC)(aeqv1IDjcd6i(p2dgmyWGbdgudm66aKkwwdUpGLx1ylwwCHaQQwSlraTbiKOxQ1by1)7se4CShmyWGbdgmq6Dr(dqQyznyrP3h8Q6ypyWGb(Bp2(BtjtX0bb(wmkNstR7IHsMiod6u6i6FtPJO)THswWC5GhxwejUuYumDqGpIY2PKPy6Ga1uA7ggkZiHtnds0l16aS6)D5a7Iu3QWpq)2dy0M2LdETGpWsgegOFXH3hO(bsTYgzuIsgWlDJ5KsNrzuHNWCLsRW3ugxfrwUmiMHVPmIRWhPjmCFLYAqBthuwmo)RfCcjkLHQthukuQTIoOMAklgN)DeDjHeLVwWPeDkzQAJHoO0OE8vNYtIlh4E2fmutnL2kdQQwC2Ag0nugpEkLoEv4peJYPuXeEknTMbDZjdQVPeBShhXgdk122QwfEDLVLk84DPHoim3OdkBPcpExshuAki5i6FFsPBPqoL5jJJdoOSfJYPKPy6GaLmftheO0Q8mTk8CXJ2GYR6lNH2aE0gWJ2aE0gyq516LZ4CShmyWaL1adkVwVC2G73hC7Miy91OoOJ4)awXQe9sToaR(Fxo2dgmyWGbdgeDC5tS8IQnTl55qz6b3heDC5tS8IQnTl55qz6bb5G4v8CShmyWGbdgmyShmyWGbdgmOgy01bVwWhCFalVQXOfCUkVQVCgNJ9GbdgmyWGbrhx(elVOAt7sEouM(8ETGh)3pFVpucoxCo2dgmyG)2JT)2uAki5i6FNfllfYPKxuCZd(8axrEqPJO)THswWC5GppzCCWHO4Mh8jlIkACXDwCNrjtX0bb(wmkNshr)BkDe9VPmk211ocLmfthe4JOSDkzkMoiqnLLVLk84DjDqn1utPU0bcjk)IWHuHhVlnegwtPYMYe9sToaR(Fxs5Pk7ocHH7RuARmrjLNPvi6ewklFlv4X7s6GsMIPdcuAvEMwfEU4rBq5v9LZ4CShmyWaL1GYR6lNn4(9biGQQf7seg0r8FShmyWGbdgmOgy01bivSSgCFalVQXwSS4cbuvTyxIaAdqirVuRdWQ)3LiW5ypyWGbdgmyG07I8hGuXYAW97dEvDShmyWa)ThB)TPMsKhRLLXBkM4G7OIdwhTODUZHZZHdCeTOIdYIvI4CuARmOQAXxycpLx(2LwAg)exycV5eNQLsvqYBqVuRiP)3LuYecv7WPpHLAQPercZnrC9k1eb
    That is what he uses (I got it from him a while ago ;P). Change the CD timers to the warriors name in your guild.
    The duration aura will change names automatically based on who dropped it.
    Last edited by Woz; 2013-02-03 at 07:03 PM. Reason: clarity

Deleted
    Do what I do, tame a warrior, go on skype with him, and have him use skull banner when you ask, no DEMAND it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Do what I do, tame a warrior, go on skype with him, and have him use skull banner when you ask, no DEMAND it.
    This... This is the Warlock way!

KAZAAM!