10+ Year Old Account

"Driver is not intended for this platform" on my new Razer Naga's driver.

*** fixed: was a broken updater ***

So yeah, as the title says. It's basically like this. I plug in my newly bought Naga. Works great, buttons do what they should etc etc, but of course handy to have the drivers so I can edit some stuff, like lights, DPI, stuff you want to change with your driver.

Following the instructions, I download the Windows Driver (suitable for most Windows OS's, including Vista 32bit, which is my OS. Yes I know.), do the restart at the end of it, and was like "well, that was quick.".
    PC back up, I open the program, which they call "Synapse 2.0 Configurator". Big huge text on the screen where the options usually are: "PLEASE CONNECT A RAZER SYNAPSE 2.0 ENABLED DEVICE".
    Of course, googled that, only found one herpderp-answer to someone with a similar question: "Have you tried other USB ports."
    Full of good hope, I try all 8 USB ports on my PC. Every single one, opens up the nice Synapse screen, claiming it doesn't know what the hell I try to use it for, or that it's at least not a synapse enabled device. Great. Updated the Firmware then, and restarted again. No success

Finally managed to find the Razer support site. Knowledge base, seems to know what is going on: here.
    Great, so I go to Device Manager (dutch: apparaatbeheer), and even tho this FAQ answer right here, says that it's not supposed to be under Mice and other pointing Devices, it really shows a mouse there, and not able to find something that looks like a mouse in the HID section. So I go to this mouse, called "HID-compliant mouse" (freely translated from dutch), and there I see it indeed seems to use the standard Windows driver, the one it shouldn't use according to Razer.

So I then go through the properties to assign it a better driver. Both through manually pointing it to the Razer folder on my PC, and by automatically searching, it manages to find the driver, and renames the mouse to "Razer Naga". However, at the very same moment, it just gives me a nice big error around that, "Driver is not intended for this platform". GREAT.

Is there anything I have done wrong over the course of all this, or is there an older version of the driver anyone knows of, or something?
    I have opened two tickets to Razer too, but seeing how it doesn't even give me an estimated time until response, and not even a confirmation mail on any of the tickets, I guessed I'd better look around for someone that might have some kind of clue about what's going on.

TLDR:
    -Razer Naga
    -driver: "Driver is not intended for this platform".

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Szemere; 2012-05-10 at 01:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could try to find a driver of a previous version, or contact Razer themselves.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

It seems like Razer very recently discontinued their old Naga and replaced it with their new "Naga 2012" which has support for Synapse 2.0, you are trying to install the drivers for the new Naga. Do you possibly have the old one (blue lights) and not the new one (green lights)?
    Last edited by Dababa; 2012-05-10 at 01:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup I have the old one, turns out that wasn't the issue, it was apparantly just a buggy updater that hadn't done it's work, turned out one of the files got broken during an update >.<

Turns out Razers response in the end was relatively fast, if not slightly confusing, as they started rambling about .net framework updates that turned out to be completely irrelevant after more response. Thanks for the advice tho

Quote Originally Posted by Szemere View Post
    Yup I have the old one, turns out that wasn't the issue, it was apparantly just a buggy updater that hadn't done it's work, turned out one of the files got broken during an update >.<

Turns out Razers response in the end was relatively fast, if not slightly confusing, as they started rambling about .net framework updates that turned out to be completely irrelevant after more response. Thanks for the advice tho
    Hi,

how did you solve the issue. i got razer taipan and having same problem.

"PLEASE CONNECT A RAZER SYNAPSE 2.0 ENABLED DEVICE".

thanks for help