How are rogues on the PTR? 5.2

Hi, I used to have my rogue as a main in Cataclysm and I've only recently thought about going back to her. Currently I see the highest rogue spec ranked #17th in DPS via Noxxic's Realistic DPS and I was wondering if things seemed any better on the PTR? Or if rogue DPS is any better. I am talking 100% pve, not pvp. Thank you for any input.

Don't follow Noxxic. They have some false information there. If you want to know what changed for rogues I suggest visiting Elitist Jerks forum. http://elitistjerks.com/f78/
    You will find everything you need there.
    About the state of rogues on PTR I can't tell you much, but right now rogues are doing fine. http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    Looking at PTR notes, rogues are getting buffed. Combat will do more single target damage but cleave is being changed so it's not 2 target only attack but I guess it will become combat's AOE. Subtlety is being buffed too but I'm not sure if there is anything specific for Assassination.
    Also, rogues are getting a raid defensive CD- Smoke bomb reduces damage of allies inside.

What you should pay attention to is that those are PTR notes and as such, they are not final. Things can change.
    Pugs are like Master Card---- Priceless.

Thank you very much for the reply, I'll look into those.

I'll agree with the not trusting noxxic's. They usually seem to have outdated, bad data. The big change was the "nerf" to blade flurry, and smoke bomb as a def raid cd. Combat and sub got a lame "We can't be bothered to do anything creative with them so ap buff for ya" marginal dps increase but nothing else.

Noxxic is a handy quick resource for the basics, EJ has thorough, up to date details. Can be a pain to find the relevant info in their threads though.

Also regardless of which website does them, sims don't mean squat. Good against remotes is one thing. Good against the living? That's something else. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I'll agree with the not trusting noxxic's. They usually seem to have outdated, bad data. The big change was the "nerf" to blade flurry, and smoke bomb as a def raid cd. Combat and sub got a lame "We can't be bothered to do anything creative with them so ap buff for ya" marginal dps increase but nothing else.
    If Combat wasn't boring then it just wouldn't be Combat anymore though!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Noxxic is a handy quick resource for the basics, EJ has thorough, up to date details. Can be a pain to find the relevant info in their threads though.
    This is fine conceptually, except that I was prompted to actually look at a Noxxic guide the other day and realized they recommended using blade flurry and FoK for combat (together) for 3-5 enemies (or some number like that) which is shooting yourself in the foot... and it wasn't the only egregious error in their guides.

Aside from sims, while accurate sims *do* mean plenty, rogues are mid-high end of the pack, starting low-mid in ~460 and ending up right around the other top classes in heroic (500+) gear. Rogues are not behind on damage, so I wouldn't worry about it "getting better" on the PTR, although both Sub and Combat are seeing minor single-target buffs anyway (Sub's also buff's AoE).

Quick question about 5.2 shurikan toss, how does blade flurry effect the auto attack from the toss?