1. #1

    Fury on Garalon heroic legs, WW>RB or Cleave?

    Hello,

    I have a quick question regarding Garalon heroic as fury assigned to dps the legs while cleaving some damage onto the boss.
    Would spending rage on WW for 1 meat cleaver stack then Raging blow be better, or using rage on Cleave?

    Also the positional requirements for both would be great, as in do you need to stand right between boss and leg, or outside the leg facing the boss, or the side where both are infront of you etc..

    Any general Tips for maximising dps on this encounter would be great as well

    Thanks

  2. #2
    use normal your rota just replace WS with WW and HS with Cleave

  3. #3
    alright what about positioning?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    use normal your rota just replace WS with WW and HS with Cleave
    Cleave? Why would you want to waste rage on cleave, when WW does the job a whole lot better.

  5. #5
    BT -- WW -- RB -- BT (repeat) You're doing this on a leg, obviously. When 20% then you'll execute.

    RB didn't proc? --> Hit CS. Still no RB proc? ---> Zerker Rage. Still nothing? Hit WW again and wait for next BT.

    Good tip is to use Zerker stance right before crush for lots of rage. Use D Stance if your healers need help overall or are just not that good.

    Not sure if this is the best way of doing, but I pull decent numbers on him.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 11:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Crowz85 View Post
    alright what about positioning?
    I stand between the legs and the boss, but I'm not sure if this matters at all. The hit-box is so big. You can also heroic leap just about anywhere inside Weak Spots and hit them both. Use heroic leap a lot here too.

  6. #6
    Fury Warriors are not supposed to use FH outside of a CS windows. During a CS window, I'm pretty sure that FH>Cleave. So, no, no Cleave.

    So, yeah, use WW instead of WS.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-02-04 at 03:05 PM.

  7. #7
    FH? you mean heroic strike?

  8. #8
    Yeah, sorry, Frappe Héroïque, in French. My bad.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Cleave? Why would you want to waste rage on cleave, when WW does the job a whole lot better.
    i never said that you should waste Rage on Cleave ( you should NEVER waste Rage)


    but there is no reason not the use the standart 2 target Rotation. Make just sure to start every Excutephase with 110+ Rage and CS

  10. #10
    I was curious about this as well. I'm struggling to pull any numbers on Garalon and I'm 501ilvl. I pull barely 110k dps which is barely above the white line on e-peen. I use the regular rotation on legs and get up to about 30 executes by the end of the fight. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Is TG really just that bad? The other warrior, SMF, manages upwards of 180k and we have just about the same rotation and number of moves according to recount.

  11. #11
    I guess you're doing something wrong.
    I have 490ilvl and I'm dealing 100k+ dps while tanking the boss (i.e. sitting in def stance during the whole fight and standing in front of the boss while I'm not hardcap expertise.)

    Glyph of RB, try to have always 1 stack of Meat Cleaver before RB, be sure to stand in the leg's circle.
    Don't forget Heroic Leap and DR.
    Don't use CS if Garalon is about to Crush.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Girana View Post
    i never said that you should waste Rage on Cleave ( you should NEVER waste Rage)


    but there is no reason not the use the standart 2 target Rotation. Make just sure to start every Excutephase with 110+ Rage and CS
    Ah yes, I see your point. Yes, you should always use Cleave as a Rage Dump if you're going to cap instead of Heroic Strike on Garalon.

    On the other hand, I disagree with the Execute phase, Legs go down relatively fast in my guild runs so you can't really dump more than 3 Executes on every leg. You'd rather off making the best use of your Rage and GCDs.

  13. #13
    Mechagnome kojinshugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Posts
    525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Cleave? Why would you want to waste rage on cleave, when WW does the job a whole lot better.
    Because you dump rage within a CS, which means HS spam on single target, and Cleave spam on multi-target.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:25 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Ah yes, I see your point. Yes, you should always use Cleave as a Rage Dump if you're going to cap instead of Heroic Strike on Garalon.
    Heroic Strike is not a rage dump in MoP. It's used after CS to maximize damage output during the debuff. If you're having to dump rage to avoid capping, you're doing it wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:33 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    During a CS window, I'm pretty sure that FH>Cleave.
    HS > Cleave on single target. Cleave is definitely better on Garalon since both hits can crit.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Because you dump rage within a CS, which means HS spam on single target, and Cleave spam on multi-target.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:25 AM ----------



    Heroic Strike is not a rage dump in MoP. It's used after CS to maximize damage output during the debuff. If you're having to dump rage to avoid capping, you're doing it wrong.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 11:33 AM ----------



    HS > Cleave on single target. Cleave is definitely better on Garalon since both hits can crit.
    Here's where I have a question. Is this correct for both SMF and TG, considering SMF has a higher weapon damage modifier for HS and Cleave? To clarify, would WW be better than Cleave for Garalon for TG because of the difference in damage modifiers(85% for both weapons as compared to 82% for MH)?

    I also think this would not be valid(Cleave better than WW) on any scenario except Garalon because of the damage modifier difference, i.e on SG, WW would be better than Cleave because the increased damage done applies to you and not to the target, and same goes for other AOE fights.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    HS > Cleave on single target. Cleave is definitely better on Garalon since both hits can crit.
    As I said, in single target fight you don't use HS except during an enraged CS (or a Deadly calm'd CS). On Garalon, there's no good reason to use Cleave outside of a CS window either.
    So, the question is, if Cleave hits three targets, two of them with CS debuff, does it deal more damage that if HS hits two targets, each of them with CS debuff?
    The answer is no. By a small margin, but still, no.
    Simple math: (1+2*x)*(DPE of Cleave) against 2*x*(DPE of HS), with x the damage multiplicator provided by CS (~1.53 if I recall correctly, but I use spreadsheets for this kind of computations.)
    And the result is: HS > Cleave.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 03:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    Here's where I have a question. Is this correct for both SMF and TG, considering SMF has a higher weapon damage modifier for HS and Cleave? To clarify, would WW be better than Cleave for Garalon for TG because of the difference in damage modifiers(85% for both weapons as compared to 82% for MH)?
    Even if you already have one stack of Meat Cleaver, WW > WS > HS, if you're hitting a leg. This is true for both SMF and TG and true both during a CS window and outside of a CS window.
    Note that outside of a CS window, Cleave > HS. But, again, you're not supposed to use HS/Cleave outside of a CS window anyway.
    Last edited by Senen; 2013-02-04 at 04:37 PM.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post
    On the other hand, I disagree with the Execute phase, Legs go down relatively fast in my guild runs so you can't really dump more than 3 Executes on every leg. You'd rather off making the best use of your Rage and GCDs.

    ok we run with just 3-5 pll on legs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •