Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I suck at choosing gifts for people (that's exactly why the aforementioned ALCOHOLALCOHOLALCOHOLALCOHOLALCOHOLALCOHOLALCOHOL substance is my lifesaver in regards to this matter) however I really just posted in order to say that I personally would love a trip gift. If not Italy, someplace in your country etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Here is an example of some pretty nice earbuds that would be a lovely gift (from Amazon.de): Thinksound TS-02 99,99€

Here is a DVD about the NatGeo photos: National Geographic Photo DVD 14,99€
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

My favorite photographer was always Robert Capa if you want to buy her something about a specific photographer. He took those famous shots from D-Day among other things. Quite an interesting man, with an interesting life. He was hungarian I think, had a love affair with Ingrid Bergman etc.

As far as I remember his moto was "if your shots ain't good enough you were not close enough", he died in Vietnam, stepped on a landmine.

Photo technician in England messed up most of the photos, but some were saved ;P
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Go for the tablet!...

Do it!
    Tablet= contact with you and parents via Skype if needed.
    Tablet= Neat when on vacation

I found tickets for the The Australian Pink Floyd Show

Are they any good?

Money. Always useful

Deleted
    Maybe send her and her boyfriend to a photography sessions to get their picture taken? Not the same as he taking the photos but it might work.

wow your family sounds boring. 18th birthday and you are not allowed to buy her alchohol? Are you guys crazy religious or something? Seriously, buy her a dildo and a box of alcohol, seems she will get more fun from that than she has been allowed her whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    wow your family sounds boring. 18th birthday and you are not allowed to buy her alchohol? Are you guys crazy religious or something? Seriously, buy her a dildo and a box of alcohol, seems she will get more fun from that than she has been allowed her whole life.
    No, you guys are just fucking crazy that's all. We like to keep it civil and friendly, not perverted.

I bought her an indoor skydiving ticket for her and her boyfriend and a nice photo book where she can store the pictures from that trip. I think that's fun enough.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2013-02-01 at 06:18 PM.

Another vote on tablet, just make sure she doesn't already have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Another vote on tablet, just make sure she doesn't already have one.
    Yeah.

Admit it OP, tablet is best!

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Yeah.

Admit it OP, tablet is best!
    She already has an ipad. Anyway, I think indoor skydiving is extremely fun and they offer you a video and picture show of your "flight". She can put those pictures in the XXL photo book I bought as well.

You guys are right. I want her to have fun since I think she really didn't had enough of it. But Dildos and Sex toys are no fucking fun it's just weird and creepy coming from your big brother.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Because I think it's a pity that we got so distant from each other. The difference in years was always a little bit high (I am a bit more than 6 years older) and since I moved out we barely have any contact. Giving out some cash wouldn't be so nice in my opinion. I'd like to show that I still care about her.
    Why dont u gift her something where you spend a bit of time together? I know she has a bf, but some time with her brother wont make things complicated, will it?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a bar. Somewhere that carries Khalua, cream and Vodka
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    You guys are right. I want her to have fun since I think she really didn't had enough of it. But Dildos and Sex toys are no fucking fun it's just weird and creepy coming from your big brother.
    I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment.

I think your choice of gift was quite good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    anyone want doughnuts? i hear there is a great shop in Vancouver

Would depend on whether or not your sister is into that sort of thing, a lot of ppl get hurt doing skydiving both indoors and out (broken ankles, this is from experience) on the landing so... I would advise against that. It would suck to break her leg then have to cancel the trip to Paris, right?

It's your sister man.. not your girlfriend.

Buy her a giftcard or book or something.

Deleted
    Bottle of Blue WKD, or wine depending on what sort of person she is

Quote Originally Posted by Goosie View Post
    Would depend on whether or not your sister is into that sort of thing, a lot of ppl get hurt doing skydiving both indoors and out (broken ankles, this is from experience) on the landing so... I would advise against that. It would suck to break her leg then have to cancel the trip to Paris, right?
    I really hope that doesn't happen but the ticket is valid for 12 months, she can do it after her exams or whenever it suits her best

"What should I get my sister for her 18th birthday? She has a boyfriend"

Is this legit?

Maybe you should try to reconnect with her. That would be a great gift. Monetary gifts are good too.