Use it, I'd destroy every player and npc I came across
Return it, I'd tell blizzard immediately because it's the right thing to do
First, I'd use it. Once. On something that I could easily kill anyway, just to see if it worked as advertised. Then, depending on what type of item it was, I'd probably transmog it onto a throwaway item without that power. Then I'd destroy the original and submit a ticket.
Instantly killing things would get old pretty fast, and it certainly wouldn't be worth my account to me.
I would probably do the following:
1. Discover the item/powers. Be speechless for a couple mins.
2. Try them out on something.
3. Tell the guild, show off the powers to prove it to them.
4. Send a ticket to Blizz... and in the ticket, ask if they can let me keep it for a day for fun.
5. If they say yes, go around doing all sorts of cool stuff, like spawning bosses in capital cities, turning people into giraffes, etc.
6. If they say no, then obviously they take the item away and that's that.
I definitely would NOT use it to create a lasting benefit to myself, or kill raid bosses, or anything like that. I'm a very moral guy, but I would have fun with it if Blizzard allowed it.
If I knew what it was I'd return it. I personally don't take any great joy from going around the rules or cheating. I'm not on a soapbox here or anything but if you want to feel that op, take your end game character into a low-level zone, dungeon or raid and go for it.
Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; Not as a reflection of their character, but of yours.
turn it back, will probably get a reward for not using it :P
If you wanna do those things just join a private server and become a gm yourself
I'd prefer not to have my account banned because I invested time into the characters I play and enjoy them. I suppose people who just bot levels and AFK in BGs don't feel this way so for them they've lost nothing if they get banned. If it were on some trial account. I'd remove the Horde from existence everywhere
Originally Posted by Jevlin