Thread: Co fused

Co fused

I received an infraction for "necromancy" of a really interesting thread I found in the archives. I have no linkage to the thread at all and simply commented on what I thought was a good read. I've been given 10 points for this. In my opinion it's a harsh decision but it is what it is, when you give people power they sometimes use it on people that accidentally broke a rule. What I would like to know is where are the general rules for the entire site so I can avoid this in the future. I'd appreciate some direction on this.

Edit: my stupid iPad apparently separated the title that should read "confused"

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    I received an infraction for "necromancy" of a really interesting thread I found in the archives. I have no linkage to the thread at all and simply commented on what I thought was a good read. I've been given 10 points for this. In my opinion it's a harsh decision but it is what it is, when you give people power they sometimes use it on people that accidentally broke a rule. What I would like to know is where are the general rules for the entire site so I can avoid this in the future. I'd appreciate some direction on this.

Edit: my stupid iPad apparently separated the title that should read "confused"
    forum rules: http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?faq=forumrules

when you give people power they sometimes use it on people that accidentally broke a rule
    Ignorance of the law doesn't hold up in court.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

A few things:

- If you're normally a good poster, a few points aren't really a big deal. They expire quickly enough.
    - Thread necromancy is outlined in the rules as something we don't really allow.
    - Normal moderators don't really have the ability to assign custom point values for every infraction you could think of; there are a set of options for them for various situations.

Finally, if you feel the point value assigned was a bit too much, you're always able to Appeal that. Just send me a PM if you're so inclined to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    A few things:

- If you're normally a good poster, a few points aren't really a big deal. They expire quickly enough.
    - Thread necromancy is outlined in the rules as something we don't really allow.
    - Normal moderators don't really have the ability to assign custom point values for every infraction you could think of; there are a set of options for them for various situations.

Finally, if you feel the point value assigned was a bit too much, you're always able to Appeal that. Just send me a PM if you're so inclined to go that route.
    It's my first infraction and I don't plan on getting another one somill read the rules and try to stay within them.