Thread: Just.....why?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    ****sry for bad english****

Hi everyone !

I was talking with a couple of guildies some day ago and we were all wondering what is the reason about the possibility of ressing a mate in arena.

This is not a complaint or criticism (even if It could be)

The point is : whats the sense?

You guys what do you think about it?

Hopefully a Blues can give us an answer.
    Unless you stand still and pick your nose after you kill an enemy player, there is NO WAY IN HELL your enemy can pull off a rez cast...specially if the enemy team is already on a deficit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Unless you stand still and pick your nose after you kill an enemy player, there is NO WAY IN HELL your enemy can pull off a rez cast...specially if the enemy team is already on a deficit.
    It can happen if you are the only survivor in 5v5 match against 4 people. They can res their teammate and keep you CCed 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Some how I had a team get a rez off on a 3's team I joined from trade chat a few weeks ago. I had 4 KB's that game.
    I was very confused on how to take that match. :/
    I click my spellbook.
    ---BfA Alpha Club---

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frigoffrick View Post
    I totally agree, if you let someone rez in arena you deserve to lose.

But I know where he's coming from. He's wondering why it's allowed to be used in arena. Why is it there in the first place?

It should be considered a "Death Match". Once you're dead, you're dead.
    Exactly this !

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    Exactly this !
    Imo it's better the way it is because getting a rez off is skill based whereas surviving as a healer against one dps til the timer runs out isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Priests are nonexistant in the arena teams i meet but man if i get aoe feared down the ramps falling thru the world i bet the priest can ress his mate up easily with haste.

There really isn't any reason for res to be in Arena. It's kinda cheesy. The only time it could ever be pulled off is if there was a cross-kill in a 3v3 game and it went down to 2v2.

If 2 people left alive were a Mage + Healer, Rogue + Healer and maybe even Hunter + Healer, then it is possible to 8s CC one and stun lock the other for your healer to get off a hasted resurrection. It'd force trinkets on the other team and you could just rinse repeat a little while later.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've(Feral druid) been successfully res'd in two's(At 90) at 1590 rating by my partner(hpally), was fighting a hunter/ret pally combo. They got lucky with crits and got me down and my partner ran away and managed to get mounted. Spent the next 2-3min running around trolling them, so they each went to one side of the arena and waited for him. He dismounted in midfield and res'd me before they got back to stop him. One minute later we won the match(all my cd's had come up again) and I then spent the next 10minutes wiping the tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard.

Also previously res'd someone back in TBC but yeah it's pretty damn infrequent.

Deleted
    Overall I don't mind resurrection in arena except when a shaman casts it and then kites around a pillar for 8sec while still getting the res off.
    Spirit walker's grace is stupid. In fact I don't get why every caster now have ways to run and cast spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Overall I don't mind resurrection in arena except when a shaman casts it and then kites around a pillar for 8sec while still getting the res off.
    Spirit walker's grace is stupid. In fact I don't get why every caster now have ways to run and cast spells.
    It's on a 2min cd. Also it's not like a shaman goes invulnerable during the buff. They can still get CCed interrupted stunned etc etc. Though resto 4pc set gives a brief silence immunity when popping spirit walkers grace.

I've pulled off some wins with ressing in 3v3 games before (2.1k mmr or so). All I had to do was get the 2 people left (It was a 2v2 at that point) to focus me while the shaman started getting a spiritwalker's grace ress off going LoS then I'd get a clutch howl of terror on both of them. If one of them had a trinket I'd just fear him for half followed by a death coil/blanket spell lock

Edit: Also if you were a Night elf disc priest in s8 you could just get a double fear then power infusion into shadowmeld and start casting a fear instantly with a 6 sec cast time
    Last edited by savvasp; 2013-02-02 at 04:01 PM.

ive been rezzed 3 times in a 3s game once lol. they were awful but it was fucking hilarious. we still lost. i died a 4th time.

ive also pulled off a spiritwalker's rez AND shocked the other team's rez before he got it off. most epic 2v2 game of my life.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

10+ Year Old Account
    By the time you can't kill a person, or simply get to a person every 15.5 seconds to stop a rez, then you shouldn't even play arena xD

Deleted
    Why not lol? Seriously?