Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CompromisePlease View Post

Greg Street
    To provide rewards commensurate with the extra logistics and time commitment that RBGs require. 2s esp. take very little time

He is glossing over the fact that weekly caps are what is causing the gear disparity problem. If you play an RBG, you get get more Conquest points for that win than an Arena win, which is fine. The additional points are the reward.

This question is specifically about the cap. As long as rating and format affect the cap, then players will never be able to catch up.

All they need is a season cap that increases weekly for all players. A season cap for all doesn't allow "instant" catch up either. If you start week 10(assume the cap increased by 2700 /week) and have to earn 27,000 cps, that's going to take you 150 Arena wins.

Is 150 Arena wins instant?
    do you even read the new 5.2 pvp/rating changes? you can't just rush to 4k rating the first week and then lay back and do noting in 5.2. so yea you might be geared a few weeks later then a rbg. but does it really matter that much?

I think the real problems lays in the higher ranks. I've made it to 19xx about 4 times this season. At the same time I've been 1700+ in RBGs. My RBG cap has always exceeded my Arena cap. I'm not an amazing player but I'm not terrible. It takes as a Resto shaman a lot more skill to hit 1900 in Arenas (totem nerf FTL) than to hit 1700 in RBGs. With Arena centering around 3 comps, KFC, God, and Jungle this season at the moment it's just spam CDs and watch the healer die. It's hasn't been this bad in a while. Even RLS didn't global people like this. (By terms of Global I mean all of your spells are on GCD because the amount of stuns/Silences you can't cast a spell). I think Arena at a point possibly 2K+ should start to compare to RBG scaling. While the logistical side isn't as complicated you have a skill factor that comes into effect. You can't tell me a 1680 RBG player is as good as a 2140 Arena player. (assuming this is their highest achieves) That's just my 2 cents.

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9avor/simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    Yeah, that's a scary but realistic possibility. As for the conq cap itself, I might be seeing it a little differently than you. It sounds to me like you're saying: For someone playing at an entirely sub-1500 level, RBGs are mandatory in that you want to play a couple games to finish off your cap and get your full conquest cap. And yes, if they could bring up their arena rating to 1750, they'd be able to achieve that same cap, sans-RBG. The thing is, if they simply invested that much effort into RBGs in the first place, they'd probably be able to pull off ~2000 rating and wind up with a conquest cap into the 3000s the next week. RBGs very simply give you much more reward for the same skill level when compared to arena, so they're necessary if you want to compete at the highest level you can.
    The thing is, even now a 2k cap really isn't all that high in either bracket. And people playing below that are usually more casual then serious PvPers. Many of these people will miss a lot of caps and not make their entire cap very often anyway. The vast majority of people I've seen aren't even halfway done with their equipment by now and even making the entire 1800 cap each week for the entire season should've provided a full set of gear and upgrades.

So why are people complaining about in theory falling behind because of the system (and obviously not their skill) when they don't even get close to capping it every week anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    The problem is the max RBG cap is ALOT more than the max Arena one, making it that to stay competitive you HAVE to play RBGs! And the fact getting high in RBGs is easier than Arena is annoying as hell!
    Building a halfway good group is actually more effort then finding some guy to cap 2's cap. So personally I think the higher reward is justified. Also the vast majority of people doesn't stay competitive anyway as they miss out on a lot of points purely by not capping/playing each week. Just go and take a look at your average PvP player. Many of them are a long way from being full epic and upgrades are even further away at the very end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirina View Post
    I think the real problems lays in the higher ranks. I've made it to 19xx about 4 times this season. At the same time I've been 1700+ in RBGs. My RBG cap has always exceeded my Arena cap. I'm not an amazing player but I'm not terrible. It takes as a Resto shaman a lot more skill to hit 1900 in Arenas (totem nerf FTL) than to hit 1700 in RBGs. With Arena centering around 3 comps, KFC, God, and Jungle this season at the moment it's just spam CDs and watch the healer die. It's hasn't been this bad in a while. Even RLS didn't global people like this. (By terms of Global I mean all of your spells are on GCD because the amount of stuns/Silences you can't cast a spell). I think Arena at a point possibly 2K+ should start to compare to RBG scaling. While the logistical side isn't as complicated you have a skill factor that comes into effect. You can't tell me a 1680 RBG player is as good as a 2140 Arena player. (assuming this is their highest achieves) That's just my 2 cents.

Armory Link - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9avor/simple
    Try Shadow, Warrior, Rshaman and tell me again about skill. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing fun about rbgs is farming bailamos.

Regardless they take no skill and we dont even use skype and play at 2300 mmr.

3v3 cap needs to be higher then rbg cap. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Building a halfway good group is actually more effort then finding some guy to cap 2's cap. So personally I think the higher reward is justified. Also the vast majority of people doesn't stay competitive anyway as they miss out on a lot of points purely by not capping/playing each week. Just go and take a look at your average PvP player. Many of them are a long way from being full epic and upgrades are even further away at the very end of the season.
    Be in a pvp guild, then you get the team easy anyway, RBGs are pretty much a guaranteed 2.2 Arena is far from that, the fact i HAVE to RBG to keep up with the pack when pushing glad next season annoys me, having to do a completely different part of the game to get top end in the other is a failed game design imo.

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Be in a pvp guild, then you get the team easy anyway, RBGs are pretty much a guaranteed 2.2 Arena is far from that, the fact i HAVE to RBG to keep up with the pack when pushing glad next season annoys me, having to do a completely different part of the game to get top end in the other is a failed game design imo.
    next season you won't have this problem. and its not a forced to do rbg. but the way rating works. yes you are a few weeks later then the one who did rbg. but its not a big of a deal next season. and the heroic weapon with sockets are better then pvp weapons. so instead of complaining you need to pvp in a diffrent setting then your use to do it. you also need to do pve heroic raids to go for glad. that is wrong but doing rbg is far from it

Getting a decent RBG together is not to hard lately. If you feel different you are dead wrong.

Stop looking at your own server and start looking xrealm.

A lot of rated bgs are going on with Oqueue addon. Loads of low rated scrubs, but deffo also
    2 k + rated ones with all kinds of voice enabled.

Try it out, esp alliance eu since they are quite low represented atm. The chance you find new friends while using
    this is quite high aswell! Atm im playing 2100 and have 34 potential people on my friends list. So my RBG a day aint
    to far away.

http://oqueue.forumotion.com

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue

And no, im in no way related or connected to Oqueue other then that im a happy user who just wants to share his exp.

try it
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

my belief regarding this matter is that I shouldn't be forced to rbg to be competitive