Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Obama care is expensive...

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family

How are people who make 25k a year supposed to pay 20k a year?

Get thrown in jail for not making enough money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post

What are a couple both on minimum wage doing with 2-3 kids?

Deleted
    Suddenly the European/canadian system does not look so bad 'eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorensen View Post
    We have families on social services (unemployed) with 8+ kids. Its a problem in america, 2-3 kids is an average family in the us.

Id guess the average salary (before companies cut employee hours to 29.5 so they dont have to pay) in the us is around 30k.

"Suddenly the European/canadian system does not look so bad 'eh? "

Do you get thrown in prison for not paying?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure if you are under the poverty level you can get medicare for like free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Suddenly the European/canadian system does not look so bad 'eh?
    B..b..but it's communism!

Reading is really hard....

Using the conditions laid out in the regulations, the IRS calculates that a family earning $120,000 per year that did not buy insurance would need to pay a "penalty" (a word the IRS still uses despite the Supreme Court ruling that it is in fact a "tax") of $2,400 in 2016.

If you even followed the health care debate, you'd know that in Mass where Romney put this plan into effect a certain number of ppl simple default on the purchasing and pay the penalty because its cheaper...and they're not in jail.
    Last edited by phenix; 2013-02-01 at 05:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't, you pay the penalty to the IRS, which is significantly less than $20,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've wondered this for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    We've already disproven this "story" as misrepresenting an example as actual cost:
    http://www.irs.gov/PUP/newsroom/REG-148500-12%20FR.pdf

Page 56 if you think the story was spun

15+ Year Old Account
    We have families on social services (unemployed) with 8+ kids. Its a problem in america, 2-3 kids is an average family in the us.

Id guess the average salary (before companies cut employee hours to 29.5 so they dont have to pay) in the us is around 30k.

"Suddenly the European/canadian system does not look so bad 'eh? "

Yes there are families with 8 kids. There are families with 10 kids, there are families with zero kids? What's your point?

The average income in america for a family of four is like $48,000.

You do know if you keep everyone healthy, you get more production, thereby increasing wealth and tax receipts right?

What interest is it to keep our workers sick and stressed about medical payments, when we could get them focused on more production and more wealth creation?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    If you even followed the health care debate, you'd know that in Mass where Romney put this plan into effect a certain number of ppl simple default on the purchasing and pay the penalty because its cheaper...and they're not in jail.
    Did his plan state you would be thrown in jail like obama's does? I dont see the relevance.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Again, the Affordable Healthcare act wouldn't have been this bad had republicans not blocked every single suggestion the President made - even when he gave them exactly what they wanted. Now, we have an Act that does more bad than good. It's not just the President who is to blame here, it's Congress too. Let's not forget that.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

This is a classic example of not understanding things thoroughly and not educating yourself properly before posting/talking/trolling.

A lot of posts above me have already nailed the point, I'm not gonna rehash it. Just this.

Infracted: Please refrain from posing simply to call others uneducated or engaging in trolling.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-02-01 at 07:33 PM.

Just pay the penalty? It's only $2400 a year or did I miss something?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

That's the problem here is America. People having kids who can't afford them. Hell, I know of people who purposely have more kids just so they can increase the amount of money they get from the government. It's so damn stupid and wrong. And don't come in and say,"Well, everyone has the right to start a family and have kids...who are you to say they shouldn't?" My tax money going to pay for their stupid decisions has a right to say they shouldn't. It's simple...if you can't afford to have kids and raise them, they you shouldn't have them....end of story....no exceptions. If you keep getting pregnant and are completely reliant on the government to take care of you and your kids, you should be thrown in jail and the kids put up for adoption....end of story....no exceptions. I'm getting tired of paying for fucking morons who don't use birth control (it's fucking free now! I mean come on!).

People who dont make enough money to afford healthcare get free government healthcare like Medicare, or subsidized private insurance. Obamacare isnt an insurance plan, it just tells everyone they have to buy health insurance. Its all the private insurance companies that are expensive.

The News source isn't credible, and that was one of the reasons, this exact topic was closed down earlier this morning: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...and-per-family
    Yeah, if your goal with this thread was to get 20 pages of comments in 3 hours, congratulations - you win.

However, if your goal was to start a reasonable conversation about Obamacare, you picked a bad way to do it. The source you have linked is the only source of said news (and this in an era where every news site copies each other instantly) and it talks purely using example numbers. Without something more concrete, there is no reason for this thread to remain open.

I realize that many of you may want to continue to discuss this and other healthcare policies. I advise you to either search for a thread on it in the last week or two or create your own thread (based either off your own statements or a news story that is not pure speculation).

Closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

I don't think you understand how medicare works in Canada.