Poll: Have you attempted heroic raids this expansion?

Thread: Heroic Raiding

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Heroic Raiding

How many of you have at least attempted a heroic raid boss this expansion? Just curious to see where everybody is at in terms of raiding progression.

And while we are discussing heroic raiding, I did my first heroic raid last night, and it wasnt all that bad, the encounters were actually really easy, not much different from normal, although we didnt do stone gaurd (it was a bad combination) / spirit kings / will on heroic.

Elegon was probably the easiest heroic i've ever done from any expansion. Exactly the same, easy as a melee dps.

Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4851&e=5270

I currently play:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llana/advanced

Edit: Soooo many jelly Jaylock haters... kinda sad imo.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2013-02-01 at 10:15 PM.

Only LFR for me, just to see the new raids. The current raids don't engage me enough to try on normal and heroic

Only LFR, due to RL being rather busy. It's not fair to 9 other people that you don't know if you can raid or not up until a few hours before said raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Only LFR, due to RL being rather busy. It's not fair to 9 other people that you don't know if you can raid or not up until a few hours before said raid.
    Thats perfectly okay. LFR wings generally only take 1 hour or so to complete, and will be made much much much easier come 5.2 with the wipe mechanics they are putting into them. More free epics for the alt or 2 that I play! yay!

Edit: Also thank heavens I made Warchief on the forums, couldnt stand the pandarian monk bull crap title. (Pandas lol, just how i feel)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

Edit: Also thank heavens I made Warchief on the forums, couldnt stand the pandarian monk bull crap title. (Pandas lol, just how i feel)
    And you wonder why people ridicule you for making "biased" polls and threads.

OT: I'm like halfway through the Heroic content. They're difficult, I'll say that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And you wonder why people ridicule you for making "biased" polls and threads.

OT: I'm like halfway through the Heroic content. They're difficult, I'll say that much.
    Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.

Also, how is my opinion of not liking pandas biased based on this thread topic? (the logic of some people just astounds me at times)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the heroic encounters to be pretty interesting outside of MSV. Those turned out to be more of a joke in comparison to HoF and Terrace.

Currently sitting at 14/16.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not doing heroic, and don't care if I do get to do heroic. If we get to heroic modes, fine, but I won't be upset if we don't.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you have at least attempted a heroic raid boss this expansion? Just curious to see where everybody is at in terms of raiding progression.

And while we are discussing heroic raiding, I did my first heroic raid last night, and it wasnt all that bad, the encounters were actually really easy, not much different from normal, although we didnt do stone gaurd (it was a bad combination) / spirit kings / will on heroic.

Elegon was probably the easiest heroic i've ever done from any expansion. Exactly the same, easy as a melee dps.

I currently play:

MV is really easy, worthy challenges were SK before learning transitions and Will of the Adds, which is... ugh yeah.
    Wind Lord also felt easy and same for Blade Lord. Have proper tactics with the player's high enough skill and there's nothing, other than RNG, that can stand in your way.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Think we're 10/16 now and prob will get 11 and 12 by the end of next lockout I'd imagine. Then the wall will probably be hit.

All done. Everything is killed hc mode.

Deleted

I currently play:

It appears by the logs, that your guild has been doing HC since december.

It might have been YOUR first Elegon HC, but i can count a number of kills and wipes for your guild and your team. On multiple HC bosses - also elegon.

Things tend to get easier, when you play with people who have downed stuff more than once.

So please, Jaylock - put your epeen back in your pants. You are not badass as you like to sound.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.

Also, how is my opinion of not liking pandas biased based on this thread topic? (the logic of some people just astounds me at times)
    Stuff will be laughably easy when you're getting carried by guildies who have done it multiple times already.

I'm not very happy with our progress, we're at 10/16 and it doesn't seem like we will get them all before 5.2
    We have suffered from two players leaving though - good ones. One might just be gone temporarily, but the other one not. And we haven't found replacements yet, so we took like two steps back. One of them was our best DPS and the weakness in our raid is the skill of our DPS players. Some of them fail too much while only bringing average DPS to the table. So it's even worse.

I'm very happy with the raid content overall though.

The best way to determine the overall progression would be a visit on wowprogress.com I suspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be easy when the other guys you raid with have already cleared it and just taking you along, I did stone guard heroics and one shotted it, easiest heroic ever...except I did it like 5 weeks after our guilds first kill so yeah.

4/16 heroic, stuck on Spirit kings, think we need to focus on blade more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Must be easy when the other guys you raid with have already cleared it and just taking you along, I did stone guard heroics and one shotted it, easiest heroic ever...except I did it like 5 weeks after our guilds first kill so yeah.

4/16 heroic, stuck on Spirit kings, think we need to focus on blade more.
    Blade Lord is easier than Spirit Kings, in my opinion - too much can go wrong in SK.

We're currently sitting at 15/16 HC. Also, easy HC modes? Lol, Sha of Fear would like to say hi.

>Hasn't cleared normal mode
    >Carried through 3 of the easiest heroics
    >Heroics are laughably easy

Your logic is astounding.

ITT - OP gets carried to heroic kills of the easier heroic bosses and professes all heroics as SO SIMPO.

Lol.

OT; 10/16H, hopefully 11-12/16 next week depending on attendance. Our guild was 25, collapsed down (for better or worse) to 10man, and have been adjusting to roster issue(s). So far, the only "easy" heroic I've seen has been Wind Lord, given that it's likely easier than the normal mode of the encounter. Looking forward to some ToES HCs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Wanted to go for progression raiding with a new guild (+ an old friend who returned at the very end of cata), all planned quite a time before MoP hit. Turns out people were terrible (obvious for a new guild, but still) and raid leads were kind of close minded. Additionally, one raid leader was pretty much one of the worst players. I accept most bad players and I often play with a few terribad friends with whome I have lots of fun, but when I want to raid progressively, I want to do it with people at a certain level.

Thing is, most competent players realized there was few hope left for even the raid leaders to get their heads out of their arses and left after the first raid (8+ hours of wiping at Stone Guards normal). I was absent for the first raid due to it being a German holiday but not an Austrian, so I didn't know about what happened in this first raid. One of the leavers was my old friend. I was eager to raid with a new group on the second raid day in that week, when I realized they had only taken down Stone Guards in that 8 hours session. I thought they were testing hc strats. They weren't. And I had to endure a painful 4 hours session of an incopetent raid leader yelling at even more incopetent people. I left the week after and joined my pal since they needed a replacement for their ele shaman (he pulled 60k on Elegon normal... whereas I was somewhere up at 110k I believe, was first week so I can't really remember). It all went well, we were all getting along with eachother and we were all on a pretty good and even skill level.

Until I found out what my friend meant when he was warning me of our new raid lead having a little issue with his temper sometimes. Elegon normal, still first week (somewhat around the 5th try), and my buddy fell off the platform (he claimed to have laggs, sure^^). Nonetheless, we still pushed the boss into phase 3, managed to almost kill him. The boss killed our last member alive with about 80k hp left. Turns out someone has forgotten to pre-pot. Our leader insta kicked the guy from the guild. No former warning, no arguing, he just went full rage mode and kicked the guy (he didn't even say a word about my friend failing with the platform...). We all went like wtf and wondered what was up with the guy. In the end, we got him to reinvite the guy and cleared the instance. It felt kind of weird...

Obviously, trying Stone Guards hc inevitably led to some raging by our lead and suddenly someone snapped and started yelling at the raid lead, insulted him extremely badly and stuff. The guild kind of fell apart as one member after the other left and well, I couldn't be arsed to look for another guild up to now, I had enough drama for this expansion. Maybe the new raid can get me back to serious raiding again.

TL;DR: I'm currently casually pugging normal modes (8/16 atm).
    Last edited by mmoc7168d263de; 2013-02-01 at 07:07 PM.