View Poll Results: Have you attempted heroic raids this expansion?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Killed All or Some Heroic Bosses

    214 69.71%
  • No - Killed All or Some Normal Bosses

    45 14.66%
  • LFR - Only Do LFR or No raiding at all

    48 15.64%

Thread: Heroic Raiding

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,831
    None
    I have this crappy job where I either work till 21:30 or have to get up at 5:00 the next day.
    So no serious raiding for this old veteran.

    If people want to donate enough money so I will never have to work again, you can contact me :P

  2. #22
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    33
    12/16HC currently after killing Amber-Shaper last tuesday, propably going to get some pulls on Empress on Sunday or Monday.

  3. #23
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,210
    I've done normal only. In truth I didn't get into current-tier raiding until 4.3 with the aid of LFR gear.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,241
    We're currently 15/16 heroic, despite vacations, downtime, and some last-minute scrambling to replace players.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How many of you have at least attempted a heroic raid boss this expansion? Just curious to see where everybody is at in terms of raiding progression.

    And while we are discussing heroic raiding, I did my first heroic raid last night, and it wasnt all that bad, the encounters were actually really easy, not much different from normal, although we didnt do stone gaurd (it was a bad combination) / spirit kings / will on heroic.

    Elegon was probably the easiest heroic i've ever done from any expansion. Exactly the same, easy as a melee dps.

    Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4851&e=5270

    I currently play:

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...llana/advanced
    Yeah heroics are easy when you go in with loads of people that have done heroics already right?

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...skill/advanced

    When you have killed Heroic Amber Lord by actually "progressing" through the raid and not being carried let us know

    Yet another classic Jaylock bs thread.... ./sigh

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,031
    Stone Guard is doable no matter what the set up is, the fact that you guys skipped it due to the combination, obviously it wasn't easy enough for you guys.

    A lot of the HCs are actually really easy once you done them and got the mechanics, but for you, I highly advice clearing normals first. Those HCs that "you did" we can do it like 8 man with 2 leeches, many guilds even selling MV HC clear, I wonder those that bought the clear, since they can pretty much have it rather easy, do they find HCs easy also?

  7. #27
    LFR only, no time or inclination for joining a guild this time around.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  8. #28
    LFR only. Can't commit to a set schedule right now and also no inclination to make a bunch of new WoW friends.

    That said, I've seen the people on the cutting edge say that they feel the content is tuned properly, so I'll take their word for it, and yeah just about any content is easy if you're doing it with people that have done it already.

  9. #29
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.

    Also, how is my opinion of not liking pandas biased based on this thread topic? (the logic of some people just astounds me at times)
    From what you have "seen". Because you've shown me your armory and all you do is LFR.

    Please, do them then, and explain to me why only 143 guilds have killed Sha of Fear Heroic.

    And don't tread away from the fact I called you out, dude. You always do that whenever someone actually makes a good point against you.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Blade Lord is easier than Spirit Kings, in my opinion - too much can go wrong in SK.

    We're currently sitting at 15/16 HC. Also, easy HC modes? Lol, Sha of Fear would like to say hi.
    I agree with you. Spirit Kings is a monster of a Heroic fight but it's very fun.

  10. #30
    My guild was just about to get into heroics til my raid group fell apart and when i transferred i had to start my legendary quest chain over, so i just gave up on pve and only focusing on pvp from now on.

  11. #31
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.
    Guy beats the easiest heroic content in the game in a group that's been doing it for over a month, claims it's all easy mode. More at 11.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:08 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    I agree with you. Spirit Kings is a monster of a Heroic fight but it's very fun.
    I'd rate it as one of the easiest encounters this tier, since the changes of course.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  12. #32
    I've done pretty well (I think) heroic raiding early in this expac. I did take a hiatus though, so I'm not currently subscribed. May pick up the torch again if I can find the right group/

  13. #33
    Have never had nor will I ever have any heroic raiding ambitions, and for the moment LFR fully satisfies my raiding needs and desires.
    Ringko (EU) - Okgnir (EU) - Ringko (US)

  14. #34
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Guy beats the easiest heroic content in the game in a group that's been doing it for over a month, claims it's all easy mode. More at 11.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 08:08 PM ----------



    I'd rate it as one of the easiest encounters this tier, since the changes of course.
    Yeah with the changes it's much easier, before that it was a bitch.

  15. #35
    just lol at "the fights look really easy", but you was too scared to do stone guards heroic cause of a bad combo?

  16. #36
    Just gonna parrot what several others have already pointed out.
    > You skipped a boss because the comp was bad (sounds like "it was too hard" to me)
    > Try Spirit Kings next week and see how much can go wrong especially when someone is clueless
    > Proceed to do the rest of the tier on heroic before claiming its easy.

  17. #37
    Legendary! Ryme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    In a field, somewhere
    Posts
    6,171
    Looked further into it, because people claiming this game is too easy grinds my gears:

    He joined this guild only 3 days ago, this guild, despite the content being so faceroll is not even world 5,000th and it's been nearly two weeks since a new progression kill, with the option of getting Lei Shi, Spirit Kings or Blade Lord Ta'yak down, but haven't. Grats.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh


  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    >Hasn't cleared normal mode
    >Carried through 3 of the easiest heroics
    >Heroics are laughably easy

    Your logic is astounding.
    I love how you say I was carried through 3 of the easiest heroics, when the vast majority of players havent even attempted a single heroic. Also the reason I am raiding HC without even clearing normal mode is because I proved my worth to the guild I am in. They know I am good, and that my potential to be better with gear is amazingly high.

    Something you failed to deduce from your sound logic:

    I'm only at a megar 482 ilvl. If i had anywhere near the item level of the other paladin in that raid, I would rape the meters.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How many of you have at least attempted a heroic raid boss this expansion? Just curious to see where everybody is at in terms of raiding progression.

    And while we are discussing heroic raiding, I did my first heroic raid last night, and it wasn't all that bad, the encounters were actually really easy, not much different from normal, although we didn't do stone guard (bad combination) / spirit kings / will on heroic.
    Yes, I have: 16/16N, 7/16H (pretty confident we can clear content), with my resto shaman at only 3/16H (I have to weekend raid her in a different guild).

    I won't lie, *SOME* of the heroics I would rate on an easier scale.
    However, there are plenty that are much harder.

    Stone Guards / Feng / Elegon / Blade / Wind / Garalon / Lei Shi are considered more on the "easier" scale.
    Kings and Will are a bit more challenging as far as MV goes.
    I haven't raided much heroic content in HOF yet, but a few fights don't seem too bad so far.


  20. #40
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    616
    Just LFR for me and not even all of it. What I've seen in LFR just doesn't engage me as raids in previous expansions for some reason, so whenever my guild is LFM for alt runs or some casual 10m, all I feel is "meh"

    Working on Bloodthirsty/Battlemaster (damn you, Resilient Victory) in World of CCandburstcraft is much more fun (and rage-inducing, but let's not mention that) than even the thought of raiding atm.
    Last edited by Faenskap; 2013-02-01 at 11:01 PM. Reason: I should proof-read

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •