View Poll Results: Have you attempted heroic raids this expansion?

Voters
307. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Killed All or Some Heroic Bosses

    214 69.71%
  • No - Killed All or Some Normal Bosses

    45 14.66%
  • LFR - Only Do LFR or No raiding at all

    48 15.64%

Thread: Heroic Raiding

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    High Overlord Kudja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden!
    Posts
    107
    Give it some time haha. Killing Feng/Elegon/Gara'jal is barely an achivment. Give it some time untill you get the bosses where you show the heroic raiders from normal raiders. 16 bosses in the tier and ofc there's bound to be some "easy ones". Wait untill you get to the hard bosses. Like Vizier, Empress etc.

  2. #42
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,652
    I killed 2 heroic bosses the first week they were out in MSV and that was it. I was not impressed with this raid teirs mechanics so I stopped raiding for the first time since the start of wrath. Reusing mechanics from old bosses is just laziness and not very fun when you did the exact same thing but with a different looking boss a few years ago.

    You will find the majority of people that post on mmo champ will be heroic raiders. Most casuals are not interested in a site like this.
    Angels and Airwaves
    Aldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - Thief
    Borderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard

  3. #43
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I love how you say I was carried through 3 of the easiest heroics, when the vast majority of players havent even attempted a single heroic. Also the reason I am raiding HC without even clearing normal mode is because I proved my worth to the guild I am in. They know I am good, and that my potential to be better with gear is amazingly high.

    Something you failed to deduce from your sound logic:

    I'm only at a megar 482 ilvl. If i had anywhere near the item level of the other paladin in that raid, I would rape the meters.
    Then get to that iLevel and prove it.

    Also you have your Fearless title, right?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Stone Guard is doable no matter what the set up is, the fact that you guys skipped it due to the combination, obviously it wasn't easy enough for you guys.

    A lot of the HCs are actually really easy once you done them and got the mechanics, but for you, I highly advice clearing normals first. Those HCs that "you did" we can do it like 8 man with 2 leeches, many guilds even selling MV HC clear, I wonder those that bought the clear, since they can pretty much have it rather easy, do they find HCs easy also?
    Well you obviously dont know the minds and time tables of me and my guild do you? It couldn't have possibly been that we were all on a strict time table to finish and get out of there, that we decided to bite the bullet and just do it on faceroll normal stone guard to get through on time. Nope couldn't have been that at all.

    Lol, first people pull the card "herpa derp, have you killed any bosses on HC?" Then they pull the card "herpa derp, u killd easy hc bos! u mus kil hard hc bos or u nub!"

  5. #45
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    Yes, I have: 16/16N, 7/16H (pretty confident we can clear content), with my resto shaman at only 3/16H (I have to weekend raid her in a different guild).

    I won't lie, *SOME* of the heroics I would rate on an easier scale.
    However, there are plenty that are much harder.

    Stone Guards / Feng / Elegon / Blade / Wind / Garalon / Lei Shi are considered more on the "easier" scale.
    Kings and Will are a bit more challenging as far as MV goes.
    I haven't raided much heroic content in HOF yet, but a few fights don't seem too bad so far.
    I absolutely agree with this on Heroics terms.

    Elegon is faceroll, as are Stone Guard, Feng, and Garajal.

    Garalon is only difficult due to the DPS requirement but my guild took him down without an issue the first night we attempted him, along with the other night without a few of our core members.

    Bladelord and Windlord are also very, very easy. I find Windlord even easier on Heroic than Normal mode as well.

    Imperial Vizier, Amber Shaper, and Grand Empress though I will say are a nice bump up in difficulty compared to the rest, along with Will and Spirit Kings.

    I think from what I've seen most of the Heroic bosses for Terrace are difficult as well.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Then get to that iLevel and prove it.

    Also you have your Fearless title, right?
    Proves my point exactly.

  7. #47
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Lol, first people pull the card "herpa derp, have you killed any bosses on HC?" Then they pull the card "herpa derp, u killd easy hc bos! u mus kil hard hc bos or u nub!"
    You don't think after all this time you've been posting here, and claimed to be "super hardcore", while making arguments for those people, then having no evidence whatsoever that you're in one of the amazing, cream of the crop guilds on this game, there's a reason people react this way?

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 10:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Proves my point exactly.
    What point?

    You said the Heroics are easy, yet neither you nor I have our Fearless titles.

    Down the content, call it easy.

    Until then, don't trounce on it.

  8. #48
    High Overlord Kudja's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden!
    Posts
    107
    ^ So true. Down it before.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    LFR only. Can't commit to a set schedule right now and also no inclination to make a bunch of new WoW friends.

    That said, I've seen the people on the cutting edge say that they feel the content is tuned properly, so I'll take their word for it, and yeah just about any content is easy if you're doing it with people that have done it already.
    1) I have not raided HC since TBC

    2) Thats how a person breaks away from the mediocre normal mode raiding scene into the heroic raiding scene isnt it? You prove yourself and impress some heroic raiders, they tell their friends in the guild, they invite the person that impressed them to the guild, they trial them, and they find out that they found a gem among the mass of coal out there.

    3) (point 2 is exactly how I broke my way into a heroic raiding guild)

    4) People saying that you have to commit a huge time commitment to heroic raiding is just plain false. If you are good enough, and have the desire and motivation to break into the heroic raiding scene, you can. This guild only raids like 6 hours a week too.

  10. #50
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudja View Post
    ^ So true. Down it before.
    Thank you.

    It's like Dragon Soul Heroic.

    The ONLY 2 bosses I found marginally difficult in there were Warlord Zonozz and Spine of Deathwing pre debuff.

    We downed Zonozz pre nerf, not Spine. Took until 10% debuff.

    And looking back now, the only boss I find truly hard out of those two is Spine.

    Dragon Soul was an easy raid.

    And the same goes for Firelands. The only hard boss in there on Heroic was Ragnaros, and it took my guild the nerf to him to take him down.

    I've never judged a raid in terms of difficulty before I've cleared all the content. That's just being ignorant and arrogant otherwise.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What point?

    You said the Heroics are easy, yet neither you nor I have our Fearless titles.

    Down the content, call it easy.

    Until then, don't trounce on it.
    You proved my point that people will always call: "herpa derp, where is your heroic <insert xyz boss here> kill???" as an argument.

    Also to all those hating on me for my accomplishments, the point of the thread wasn't do discuss my accomplishments, it was to see where people were at in terms of their heroic raid progression. This isnt a "oh hey another jaylock thread, lets bash him into oblivion until a moderator locks the thread"

  12. #52
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    1) I have not raided HC since TBC

    2) Thats how a person breaks away from the mediocre normal mode raiding scene into the heroic raiding scene isnt it? You prove yourself and impress some heroic raiders, they tell their friends in the guild, they invite the person that impressed them to the guild, they trial them, and they find out that they found a gem among the mass of coal out there.

    3) (point 2 is exactly how I broke my way into a heroic raiding guild)

    4) People saying that you have to commit a huge time commitment to heroic raiding is just plain false. If you are good enough, and have the desire and motivation to break into the heroic raiding scene, you can. This guild only raids like 6 hours a week too.
    Are you kidding on point 4? I raid 4 nights a week and we're 8/16. That's a LOT of commitment.

    These top guilds spend their entire weeks, whether they're sponsored to actually raid or not.

    They spend hours without sleep, doing attempt after attempt, in the hundreds, just to take down a boss.

    That's a HUGE time commitment.

    Certain guilds though, like my former who only raids about 8-10 hours a week, 2 nights a week, are 16/16 because they make it work.

    But if you want to get more content down, there has to be a strategy, and certain time constraints to it as well.

  13. #53
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well you obviously dont know the minds and time tables of me and my guild do you? It couldn't have possibly been that we were all on a strict time table to finish and get out of there, that we decided to bite the bullet and just do it on faceroll normal stone guard to get through on time. Nope couldn't have been that at all.

    Lol, first people pull the card "herpa derp, have you killed any bosses on HC?" Then they pull the card "herpa derp, u killd easy hc bos! u mus kil hard hc bos or u nub!"
    Our group 2 clears ALL 3 raid and do about 8 HC, in ONE night, while try to attempt a new progression boss at the same time. Once you have cleared something on HC, unless it is something that you can barely make, otherwise most would clear it even if it takes 2-3 tries, unless you might wipe endlessly on it?

    MV is a joke anyway, and tbh, a few boss in HoF is a joke as well, Windlord HC comes to mind (that fight is probably easier than normal), but if you do something like Vizer, Amber Shaper, Empress, I am sure you won't say "HCs are easy", well, if you insist so, I await for your kill and say it.

    I agree *some* HCs are bloody easy, well all the ones you did are, Stone Guard is, SK some finds it hard some finds it easy, Will, whether people find that easy or not but everyone I know hated it even if they can 1-shot it.

    The point is with the way you said "HCs are easy", you imply that all HC fights are easy. I am not saying ALL are hard because I agree some are really easy, but I would not say all HCs are easy, can you at least agree on this?

  14. #54
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You proved my point that people will always call: "herpa derp, where is your heroic <insert xyz boss here> kill???" as an argument.

    Also to all those hating on me for my accomplishments, the point of the thread wasn't do discuss my accomplishments, it was to see where people were at in terms of their heroic raid progression. This isnt a "oh hey another jaylock thread, lets bash him into oblivion until a moderator locks the thread"
    People came in here doing that because you're not listening to their opinions, like I just said. Your statement to it is the whole "herp derp, where is your heroic <insert xyz boss here> kill???"

    Because it's a solid argument.

    You can't call it that type of argument when you can't even argue against it, and then try and divert your post to a personal attack on yourself, when you're not debating this with me further.

    Now, Jaylock, stay on topic please, and argue my point. How is it a "herp derp" argument.

  15. #55
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Are you kidding on point 4? I raid 4 nights a week and we're 8/16. That's a LOT of commitment.

    These top guilds spend their entire weeks, whether they're sponsored to actually raid or not.

    They spend hours without sleep, doing attempt after attempt, in the hundreds, just to take down a boss.

    That's a HUGE time commitment.

    Certain guilds though, like my former who only raids about 8-10 hours a week, 2 nights a week, are 16/16 because they make it work.

    But if you want to get more content down, there has to be a strategy, and certain time constraints to it as well.
    Actually....

    Our group 2 only raid 1 night a week (5 hours straight though), and comfortably sitting on 9HC at the moment, and probably trying Amber Shaper HC this week....

    Those top guilds that spent hours daily, already cleared the contents, and now even 5 hours a week, with the amount of time this raid tier has been out, many less-time guilds have gone much further now.

    It is a HUGE time commitment to raid HC to world top 100

    You can do 5-10HC in 1 night raid guilds now, and trust me, they exist.

  16. #56
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Actually....

    Our group 2 only raid 1 night a week (5 hours straight though), and comfortably sitting on 9HC at the moment, and probably trying Amber Shaper HC this week....

    Those top guilds that spent hours daily, already cleared the contents, and now even 5 hours a week, with the amount of time this raid tier has been out, many less-time guilds have gone much further now.

    It is a HUGE time commitment to raid HC to world top 100

    You can do 5-10HC in 1 night raid guilds now, and trust me, they exist.
    Oh, no, I don't doubt that for a second.

    But are you talking in terms of farmed content, or doing progression bosses?

  17. #57
    The Lightbringer Grym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in UK where there is chicken
    Posts
    3,027
    That one night they do, included both.

    They will never get any new HC boss if they don't progress in the first place.

    But they still clear all raids every night.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Actually....

    Our group 2 only raid 1 night a week (5 hours straight though), and comfortably sitting on 9HC at the moment, and probably trying Amber Shaper HC this week....

    Those top guilds that spent hours daily, already cleared the contents, and now even 5 hours a week, with the amount of time this raid tier has been out, many less-time guilds have gone much further now.

    It is a HUGE time commitment to raid HC to world top 100

    You can do 5-10HC in 1 night raid guilds now, and trust me, they exist.
    The time commitment is more at the beginning but once content is cleared then we raid much less than other raiding guilds. All in all, progression guilds, especially guilds that attempt to social casual progress spend much more time raiding than hardcore raiding guilds from beginning to end of the tier. We raid one night a week clearing everything from start to finish and then schedule a alt run on the weekend for melee to gear range toons as I would have to say every progression tier is better with range, or at least starts out that way.

    All in all you put in a lot of time at first but only the first part of the tier then you pretty much coast through until the next xpac raiding once a week, alt run on weekend and ptr time until the next patch. Most ppl have all the gear they want and dont even raid in the main group but still do the alt run on the weekends to have geared bench players. Then of course the PTR but the boss fights arent up as often as one would like but you can still mess around with the new changes.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Difficult for you maybe, but so far from what i've seen, they are laughably easy.
    I've quoted myself just so people who keep lavishing hate on me will quit and calm the f down. "so far from what i've seen"

    Does that imply that EVERY heroic boss is easy? No.

    Does that imply that I have killed EVERY heroic boss? No.

    Where people fathom up these half-wit ideas in their brains is beyond me. Read people.


    Also:

    Doesn't me joining a guild of people that I have never before met, raid heroic raids with them on the second week that I have joined, at an item level of 482 say anything about their trust in my skill as a raider?

    Would you invite a ilvl 482 player into your guild, having never met them before... them not putting in any sort of application for guild membership in... Would you invite a player like that into your guild? Most likely not. Most heroic guilds are complete assholes about guild recruitment and require astronomical amounts of gear and experience before they invite a person. So just think about that. I have already admitted to not having been in the heroic raiding scene since TBC.

  20. #60
    Legendary! Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    6,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    That one night they do, included both.

    They will never get any new HC boss if they don't progress in the first place.

    But they still clear all raids every night.
    Hmm, alright.

    My argument was more-so geared toward progression bosses, not farming content, but I get what you're saying.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •