Poll: Have you attempted heroic raids this expansion?

Thread: Heroic Raiding

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Why did you put "Sig by Rivellana" when Rivellana is the character you're linking as...your character
    did I miss something here
    I used to make signatures for people on another forum: It's basically showing your work. That way, if people would like a request, they can message directly instead of asking who did it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I used to make signatures for people on another forum: It's basically showing your work. That way, if people would like a request, they can message directly instead of asking who did it.
    So you share the name as his character?

wot m8

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So I need a comeback for how someone very rudely describes me? What, should I resort to personal insults like you just did? Sorry, I wont sink myself to your level.
    It's just funny that you choose to answer with a post proving my exact points of your personality.

" People with narcissism are characterized by their excessive and persistent need for others' admiration and positive reinforcement."

Would you take someone who you hardly knew, who was "undergeared" to your progression heroic raids if you didnt think / know that person had potential for greatness?

In theory, all bosses are easy. In practice, that's a different story. It all depends who you play with,what gear you/your raid have and which tactic you are using.

There's a big difference when you are progressing on a boss for the first time on raid/boss release with your guild (trying to figure out the tactics) and when your guild carries you through the raid without a problem few months after the raid release.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

So you share the name as his character?
    wot m8
    Oh, maybe I misunderstood: Maybe his name wasn't always jaylock on the forums? I dunno then.

Let this die he obviously set this up to make it look like he was carried by posting an alt he took on a guild heroic run and acted like it was cake so we would call him out for being a baddie and he could call us "jelly" for calling him on his bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock I have a question, Why is your character named after a mod here? Just curious what happened to your Warlock ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

@ OP

The heroics you did in fact are quite easy, especially if your guild has already done them before you get them...I mean I could probably go on a Paragon run and go 16/16 heroic with them and say how easy it is, but all the work is already done for me. In fact, some of the heroics are easier than some of the later normal encounters, which I guess is nothing new. After you go past 5/16H (which is generally Blade Lord + all but SK and Will in MSV) things don't just fall over dead anymore. We are currently working on H SK and though it should have died 3 times by now, people making retarded mistakes is going to result in a bad time for all. Unfortunately, my guild is carrying two dps at all times that do 50k or less dps in 495 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Jaylock I have a question, Why is your character named after a mod here? Just curious what happened to your Warlock ??
    That's what I'm trying to figure out. Rivellana is the name of his character, which shares the name of the mod that made his signature.

Unless Rivellana is an extraordinarily common name or something.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Rivellana is the name of his character, which shares the name of the mod that made his signature.

Unless Rivellana is an extraordinarily common name or something.
    ....Huh. That's..actually something interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    Oh, maybe I misunderstood: Maybe his name wasn't always jaylock on the forums? I dunno then.
    This should clear up your questions :

My forum name is Jaylock

Rivellana, a mod on these forums created my signature for me (thanks Riv!)

In honor of her creating the signature for me, i decided to create a character and name it Rivellana, hence Rivellana my paladin.

I no longer really play Jaylock, but I level him each expansion just because he was the character I killed KJ in TBC before WotLK came out.

Doesn't me joining a guild of people that I have never before met, raid heroic raids with them on the second week that I have joined, at an item level of 482 say anything about their trust in my skill as a raider?

Would you invite a ilvl 482 player into your guild, having never met them before... them not putting in any sort of application for guild membership in... Would you invite a player like that into your guild? Most likely not. Most heroic guilds are complete assholes about guild recruitment and require astronomical amounts of gear and experience before they invite a person. So just think about that. I have already admitted to not having been in the heroic raiding scene since TBC.
    If they've never met you before, you haven't done serious raiding since tbc and made no application, it says a lot more to me about how they were desperate for some new bodies to bulk up their raid team, honestly. I'm not sure how that kind of trust can be there if they don't know you, at all.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Only LFR for me, just to see the new raids. The current raids don't engage me enough to try on normal and heroic
    Ofc they don't, they're on LFR mode:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock, yes they seem very easy when you get boosted.

Deleted
    I've quoted myself just so people who keep lavishing hate on me will quit and calm the f down. "so far from what i've seen"

Does that imply that EVERY heroic boss is easy? No.

Does that imply that I have killed EVERY heroic boss? No.

Where people fathom up these half-wit ideas in their brains is beyond me. Read people.

Also:

Doesn't me joining a guild of people that I have never before met, raid heroic raids with them on the second week that I have joined, at an item level of 482 say anything about their trust in my skill as a raider?

Would you invite a ilvl 482 player into your guild, having never met them before... them not putting in any sort of application for guild membership in... Would you invite a player like that into your guild? Most likely not. Most heroic guilds are complete assholes about guild recruitment and require astronomical amounts of gear and experience before they invite a person. So just think about that. I have already admitted to not having been in the heroic raiding scene since TBC.
    I did that to a boomkin when we were about 4-5/16 hc few months back, boomkin with 475 gear who hadnt raided in a year and not much besides normal modes then. he turned out to be really good. the guild is about 11/16H now - 10man (I've since moved on to a 25man guild and was in to tank sha of fear hc progress)

15/16h, don't have tsulong yet because I wasn't in for the kill and we raid lock extended twice to kill heroic Sha, which we got on Tuesday, so next week I might get to 16/16

Deleted
    Prior to MoP, I was always a "Mid-ranged hardcore raider" ie, I wasn't pushing even server 1st's let alone EU/World, but always clearing everything.

Now.....LFR everything and PvP a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    How many of you have at least attempted a heroic raid boss this expansion? Just curious to see where everybody is at in terms of raiding progression.
    Normal 16/16
    HC 4/16 (Elegon, Garajal, Feng, Dogs)

We're not really a heroic progression guild, just heading in to see if we can down anything till 5.2 shows up.
    Cute Pally, Jay. ^_^

My Priestess
    lul@ Armory thinking I didn't down Ultraxion normal

currenlty 11/16 heroic, l ove it

15/16 heroic, it's been quite nice tier and I've been enjoying it. A bit too much RNG based elements but nothing too bad. Some fights aren't too different from normal modes either.