Mage bomb issue on Heroic Spirit Kings

My raid group is currently working on Heroic Spirit Kings and we've been very close to getting our kill.

I'm currently arcane and using nether bomb for my bomb.

I'm having some issues with my dps, and am working those out. But, I keep hearing in vent "don't cleave the other boss, blah blah blah".

Well, if I have a bomb ticking away already on one boss and the other is close and does his special, I can't stop the bomb from ticking and cleaving.

Anyone else have this issue? It's to the point where I don't put my bomb back up for fear of getting yelled at for cleaving when I know they are going to have two bosses close together.

Also not sure who else in raid might be cleaving other than me, need to check into that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The chat log says specifically who procced the boss' special ability so just follow the chat.

Also, how to avoid this: Qiang needs to die before he casts an additional Impervious Shield when Subetai gets activated. The best thing to do here is to completely ignore Subetai until Qiang is dead. Next, when Zian spawns while you're still fighting against Subetai, you need to keep them far apart specifically for this reason. Burn down Subetai while Zian is somewhere else. Same for the Zian-Meng transition.

We have two mages who use nether tempest and neither of us stops putting up bombs while there are two bosses active.

Never had either of us proc either the first boss' cleave or the third one's explosion.

I could have sworn dots/bombs etc did not proc it, only direct damage spells&attacks and possibly applying a new dot/bomb on a shielded target (never tested, we just hold dps while waiting for massdispel on first one, and on the third we spellsteal).

We onetank and always have them close together.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's what I thought as well, but I'm not really sure. I killed them just last night but I don't remember. I know I didn't proc the shields, but we also keep the bosses apart with 2 tanks on 25-man.

They did a pretty good job of setting the shield triggers so that classes don't get screwed over for their individual mechanics. I would keep using Nether Tempest until you're absolutely sure that it was what triggered the shield.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to agree with aggixx that the boss has been setup not to proc from such mechanics. I know the shields can't be triggered by autoattacks (Qiang's and Zian's).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogge View Post
    We have two mages who use nether tempest and neither of us stops putting up bombs while there are two bosses active.

Never had either of us proc either the first boss' cleave or the third one's explosion.

I could have sworn dots/bombs etc did not proc it, only direct damage spells&attacks and possibly applying a new dot/bomb on a shielded target (never tested, we just hold dps while waiting for massdispel on first one, and on the third we spellsteal).

We onetank and always have them close together.
    im pretty sure dots dont effect it but cant really say for sure about the bombs if the abilities consider the "cleave" from nt as a dot or a cleave but if ur bombing the one who does the ability it shouldnt effect as it getting hit by the dot part
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-02-01 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm, not with logs or screen shots, that mage bomb will not trigger it. During wipe attempts, I've even applied NT during their special and it hasn't done anything. You can easily see if you have triggered it with the emote that gets put out.

Deleted
    Yup, I still play Fire but I can confirm LB exploding does not cause cleave damage to affect any of the bosses. As was mentioned earlier, the chat log indicates who hit the boss during a special ability so your RL should know who it is from there and not just shout at everyone.

Thanks for the responses! Good to know that my bomb shouldn't be affecting the other bosses during their shields.

uhhh just remember dont ever use arcane missile before shield comes up -_- triggers shield sometimes because of traveling time >_>
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    uhhh just remember dont ever use arcane missile before shield comes up -_- triggers shield sometimes because of traveling time >_>
    had this happen to me when I was a trial... yeah I'll let you wonder what happened...
    Daft Punk Forever!

Deleted
    Nether tempst doesn't proc any of the shields, so it doesn't matter.

I think the only thing that triggers the shield is when a player does a targetted ability on the boss. E.g. I tried to spell steal the shield from the boss and it also triggered the shield. So I think it only triggers from directly targetted stuff that comes from players against the boss. I think I also used nether tempest and never had problems, but I completely ignored the second boss, too. As soon as you manage to get the first boss down before the second does his arrow rain stuff you nearly kill the encounter. At least that was our feeling towards this fight.

Spell steal doesn't pop the shield of darkness at least, we've been using mages for it since we first killed it.

As far as mage bombs go, I've never popped a shield with mine, so I'll just +1 the ones above.

I never had an issue with Living Bomb or Nether Tempest triggering the shields, so you should be fine. (+1 to get post count up so I can post my guild recruitment thread, wonderful input I know)

Deleted
    Your nether tempest cleave doesn't even proc the shield, I'm pretty sure you can ever re-dot nether tempest while shield of darkness is up without procing it. Unless something's changed since I stopped raiding a few months ago.

Our bombs do NOT procc the defensive effects unless you APPLY the bomb during the defensive part.

The only problem I have with triggering is Arcane Missiles. I'll launch one and it'll fucking hit like 3s later and explode us >_>;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.