Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    We haven't done any serious attempts on H Wind Lord yet, so I'm just speculating, but are you supposed to CC 3 amber trappers? I know we don't do that on normal. No idea what the generally accepted heroic strat is.

The Battle Menders are the ones who cast quickening, so if you're letting all of them run free you're probably needing to dispel quite a bit just to keep up.

CC'ing all trappers is the usual strategy on H.

Our comp is:
    Hpal, Disc, Rsham/Hpal, Dk tank, mage, mage, rogue, hunter, lock, dk

Thanks for the input, we will be focusing more on quickening next time I am sure. RL has seen this thread and agrees.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a massdispel and 2 DKs. Tell them to get glyph of icy touch, tab targets and its GG.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

people that are saying DK tanks are worst for this fight are crazy, considering the mechanics, the boss takes like 600% more damage when a set of adds die. Death Siphon is like a 600k heal at the cost of one death rune during the 30 seconds he has that debuff. DK tanks are great for this fight... as a matter of fact, as long as Quickening is dealt with properly, any tank suitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangstagore View Post
    people that are saying DK tanks are worst for this fight are crazy, considering the mechanics, the boss takes like 600% more damage when a set of adds die. Death Siphon is like a 600k heal at the cost of one death rune during the 30 seconds he has that debuff. DK tanks are great for this fight... as a matter of fact, as long as Quickening is dealt with properly, any tank suitable.
    Agreed, we use a DK tank and he is doing just fine. The only reason tank death occurs is if Quickening is not dispelled properly. Yeah ofc if the player is shit then he will die, but that will happen regardless of class so.

Yeah, if quickening isn't dispelled then it's not the fault of the healers if the tank dies. Before we assigned another person to dispell blade masters and the boss with single-target dispells, in addition to the priest mass dispelling, we saw our tank take 1-2 million damage in 8-10 seconds sometimes, which isn't really something you can deal with. Even with all healing cooldowns blown and two healers dedicated fully to healing the tank, it'd still drop to the sustained damage of that shit.

One mass dispell alone is not enough, in my experience. The assigned dispeller is gonna hate it, but when you have 6 adds wailing on the tank they really need to be dispelled fast, even if that poor guy spends his time doing nothing else for that part of the fight.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Yeah, if quickening isn't dispelled then it's not the fault of the healers if the tank dies. Before we assigned another person to dispell blade masters and the boss with single-target dispells, in addition to the priest mass dispelling, we saw our tank take 1-2 million damage in 8-10 seconds sometimes, which isn't really something you can deal with. Even with all healing cooldowns blown and two healers dedicated fully to healing the tank, it'd still drop to the sustained damage of that shit.

One mass dispell alone is not enough, in my experience. The assigned dispeller is gonna hate it, but when you have 6 adds wailing on the tank they really need to be dispelled fast, even if that poor guy spends his time doing nothing else for that part of the fight.
    Yeah maybe the two DKs just tabbing through it should be enough in addition to the MD? Thanks everyone for the insight.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a DK tank he can dispell himself! Not to mention you said you had a DK dps aswell.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    If the dk tank needs to dispel quickening over death striking (sacrificing it for icy touch) you have some serious issues. Regarding tanks I hardly feel like dks are the most suitable but the fight isn't really difficult/high damage either way (assuming that you dispel it properly), when we do the fight I could easily afford to turn a few death strikes into blood boils if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangstagore View Post
    If you are comparing all tanks for this fight, DK tanks are in fact a last resort choice. Warriors and Paladins will bring the most to the table, due to very viable shield mechanics. Next you would go for a monk for heals and stagger, providing warrior and paladin is not available. Following monk, druid due to high dodge and cleave damage. Lastly, a DK for it's brief window of guaranteed survivability. That death rune for 600k healing is nice and all, but as a warrior I go through the majority of the fight either blocking all melee attacks for 6 straight seconds or rocking an absorb that is sitting around 800k per 60 rage, which I almost always have due to revenge being up more often than the global allows. 25m and 10m are identical in this situation, as no matter what version you raid, the tanks all have the same limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    you only need to dispel the boss, blademasters only really start hitting hard at 4+ stacks and if the menders are up for that long someone missed an interrupt or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklol View Post
    you only need to dispel the boss, blademasters only really start hitting hard at 4+ stacks and if the menders are up for that long someone missed an interrupt or 2.
    Eh, 2 blade masters will be hitting about as hard as the boss; much harder than the boss if you don't dispell them.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Just no. Blademasters hit really hard. Like cattlehunter said. Add to this the korthik strike ability which is 260k base + 35% per quickening stack. We can double that with your theoretical 3 stacks and say that a strike will hit for 1.5m damage. I hope you have a raid full of people with immunities to survive that.

Our alt run 2 man heals this with a DK tank, a disc healer and a pally healer.
    We do, however, have a shadow priest. I play the disc here, and the major thing to remember is -
    The tank will go through a long phase of "only" having 3 adds+boss up, where he won't need major cooldowns. Cycle CD's all throughout the entire part of having 6 adds up. Do boneshield pre-pull, so it's up again on pull; it can only lose a stack every 2 seconds, meaning it's atleast 12 seconds of 20% dmg reduc, and he can chain them for 24 sec of reduc at the start. Assuming he's your MT he has a 4 set by now, and can use vamp blood every 40 seconds, DRW, etc, etc... Your disc priest won't use barrier for the raid due to wind bombs, so use it as a tank CD, use PS as a tank cd, your hpally gets 2x hands of sac, basicly, you should never really run out.
    Rain of blades should never be an issue - when it happens, I just pop cascade and everyone will survive the damage, as no other AOE dmg that isn't avoidable goes out, you can just heal them up in between the tank getting smashed.
    If you're 3 healing, your disc should deffo have no issues - just pop cascade vs rains, spirit shell the tank for extra "cooldown", and mass dispell. The other two healers should be able to keep the tank/raid up. Have the pally focus raid with beacon on tank, and the shaman focus the tank. Your disc can solo heal the entire raid EASILY with atonement during the expose phases (each penance bolt is a 2-300K heal to the lowest raidmember).

You have clearly never tried heroic mode, or keeping 3 blademasters out. With the tactic that most 10 man guilds follow, 3 blademasters will be up, charging someone for a combined 480K damage before reductions. This will almost oneshot a plate class, and oneshot most others that do not have a passive reduction (like a hunters 15% hawk). Your disc priest needs to shield the person getting charged, and if all blademasters has 1 stack, it'll be 650K damage before reducs, which will oneshot anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Just no. Blademasters hit really hard. Like cattlehunter said. Add to this the korthik strike ability which is 260k base + 35% per quickening stack. We can double that with your theoretical 3 stacks and say that a strike will hit for 1.5m damage. I hope you have a raid full of people with immunities to survive that.
    It's a 160K, not 260K, base. Still, argument is valid.