Deleted

Computer for world of warcraft

Hello, i play on Silvermoon EU. Getting laggs when i enter stormwind or 25 man raids with alot of shit going on, example first trash mobs in LFR. Can have about 15-20 FPS at some points. But when i raid with my guild in 10 man it's completly lag free.

My question is what should i do? Do i need to upgrade my current system, if that's the case, what should i upgrade?

My Spec:

Gigabyte MA770-UD3
    AMD black phenom II x3 2,6 ghz
    4 GB DDR2 memory
    Gigabyte gtx 260 OC 896 MB

Thanks for responds!

You have too little and too slow memory, sub-par CPU, probably 32bit OS and your GPU is about 5 years old. What's your budget?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    You have too little and too slow memory, sub-par CPU, probably 32bit OS and your GPU is about 5 years old. What's your budget?

I am currently running a x64 bit version of Windows 7, Yeah i know, but wouldn't it be able to run World of Warcraft? i mean it still runs 10 man heroic raids with alot of crap going on perfectly at Medium/High settings. My budget is around 450-580

What kind of hardware do you recommend me to upgrade first? Keep in mind that i only play World of Warcraft, some League of Legends and Counter strike 1.6 together with some youtube and facebook :> Thanks for replying!

Which country do you live in?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What country do you live in and what's your budget.

If its just for wow, he doesn't need much. My netbook plays wow. I guess the question is, do you care if the graphics are pumped up or not...because just about any computer will play wow on low settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    If its just for wow, he doesn't need much. My netbook plays wow. I guess the question is, do you care if the graphics are pumped up or not...because just about any computer will play wow on low settings.
    He says he goes to 25-man raids. That will cripple your netbook processor.

My advice is to keep the GPU, and buy a nice motherboard+CPU+memory upgrade.
    But for that, i need a budget.
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-02-01 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Does your Netbook happen to have an i3? I thought most Netbooks had silly stuffs like Atom.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

If its a Phenom II x3 BE, you could unlock the 4th core and/or overclock it, although the only Phenom II x3 BE that I recall is the 720 BE, which was at 2.8GHz stock. Your 2.6GHz has me scratching my head. If it really is a BE processor, you'll want an aftermarket cooler should you decide to OC. I wouldn't spend a lot of cash on it. Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus should be just fine, that is, if it will fit in your case.

Have you tried running DX11 in WoW. You're video card is a DX10 I believe, but some DX10 users can still benefit from the DX11 setting in game. Try it if you haven't.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2013-02-02 at 12:58 AM.