Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

New Ranking system

1515 last night and now I'm back in Silver II...how awesome. That's enough of this game, not playing my way out of all the trolls, afk's, etc again. No thanks. Good luck to all with the new system, but fuck that I don't have the sanity to deal with silver rage again. Hope nobody else got screwed in their new league!
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Pretty sure they pulled something closely related to the ELO reset.

Why are you so judgmental over a ranking systems that has only been out for less than half a day? Stop sulking and play.

I'm curious... Was 1515 your highest or current (at the time) rating?

Because I was at 1467 (current) and 1487 (max) or so and I ended up in Silver I.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that Gold in S2 and S3 doesn't have to same requirements. I thought everyone already knew that... But the quote below suggests otherwise.

From RiotYegg, Senior Game Designer:
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotYegg
    Wanted to clear up a couple misconceptions real quick:

1. There was an assumption that the formula was simply an average of current and top rating, but it was more complicated than that. We won't be disclosing the exact formula used for seeding. I can confirm that it did take top rating into account in a meaningful way.

2. The rating requirements for League seeding were never intended to be the same as the Season 2 requirements. They were determined automatically based on your position relative to the ranked population of your server. This is actually why we set everyone's medal to the provisional medal last patch; we wanted to indicate that 1500 wasn't necessarily Gold any more, and 1850 wasn't necessarily Platinum, etc.
    Source: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/51485...ilver-division
    Last edited by Riboe; 2013-02-01 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You get like 40~ league points per win so its only 3ish wins and then a series before you will be where you were. Nothing really changed other than the representation of your rating, if you play like you did before you'll end up where you should be. You act like the players somehow get less shitty attitudes once you're gold rating, lol.

Deleted
    i dont like the new system... as I understand it its much harder to get prometed then to drop to the last level... startet out yesterday being first in IV Division with Three wins or so then dropped in the same evening to V with near zero points.... so how i will i get 100 points now and then win 2 out of three... seems unrealistic to win that many in a row with all that feeders and afk guys... seems like V will be quite crowded soon while the other division merly consists of 10 players

You are at where you are supposed to be. Just because you were gold last season doesn't mean you were automatically going to be gold with this new system. Could have found that out before the patch even released when they said that the requirements wouldnt be the same.

Also, don't blame trolls for your losses. It happens to everyone now and then, but if you are losing every game in a division or close to every game, I'll give you a hint: some of that is probably you too.

10+ Year Old Account
    i climb my way out of elo hell just before s3 now they put me back to 5th bronze like how the fuck iam supose to get out of here ? even if i go 14/0/~ i cant carry 4 retard that lag and trolls, time to lvl a other account to 30

People seem to forget that they adjusted the brackets. S2 gold =! S3 gold and so on...

The ranking system is fine. There's just a discrepancy in the system on how it handles LP between wins and losses (losses costing 2-3 more LP than you gain on a win.)

Yegg was looking into it as of last night.

Amounts are fine, remember it's out of a 100, so pretty much 6-8 wins and you get to the best of 3 matches, nothing crazy really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    Amounts are fine, remember it's out of a 100, so pretty much 6-8 wins and you get to the best of 3 matches, nothing crazy really.
    have you played recently? winning that many game in a row is like winning the lottery

I've won 3 matches and went in the series, lost that, was put back at 83 LP. Win another, get in another series and win that one, get promoted to plat1.

I love how after that promotion, i lost two in a row, but didn't lose anything. And still won 4 games to get in yet another BoX. It's like really fast to get to those.

Oh, and, "elo hell" either doesn't exist, or exists for the whole ladder. Realistically, if you don't troll/dc/feed, the odds are in your favor, and you should climb. Yes, even in 2k elos (or plat divisions now), you still get leavers, feeders, DCs, etc.
    Last edited by sarasun; 2013-02-03 at 03:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new ranking system i might finally start to play ranked again. Had a few bad experiences and ofc the retards will always be a factor, but i am liking what i have seen so far. Going to give it a week or so before i do try it though.

new system is so lolz

Riot derping all over again

Nothing was wrong with the old system, nothing at all. No one ever complained that they didn't feel right being '15,000th out of 300,000.' Never did I see a post about that...ever.

New system is even more of a time sink than before. Given the underlying problems of trolls and afks is NOT solved, the introduction of a brand new system is continued to be plagued by said issues.

Having a 53% win rate makes me drop a division? lolwut.

Moving up an entire tier? Forget it, you'll be spending 5-6 hours a day in this game for a week to gain an entire tier.

Deleted
    I feel like even if I win 2 games and lose 1, I just waste 3 hours of my life for nothing. That is why this system is awful, penalty for losing a game is huge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    I feel like even if I win 2 games and lose 1, I just waste 3 hours of my life for nothing. That is why this system is awful, penalty for losing a game is huge
    Yeah... It's kind of weird and annoying.
    Hey everyone

Out of my three friends who were gold, only one of them is still gold. I lose more per loss then I gain with a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Riboe View Post
    I'm curious... Was 1515 your highest or current (at the time) rating?

Because I was at 1467 (current) and 1487 (max) or so and I ended up in Silver I.

Well my highest was 1347 and current like 1259 and it put me in silver IV

Source: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/51485...ilver-division
    Well my highest was 1347 and current like 1259 and it put me in silver IV

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    I have to say, I didn't get to see that. I've won maybe 60% of my games, but ALL my losses were either at 0 points or in series, i got good streaks going ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    new system is so lolz

Riot derping all over again

Nothing was wrong with the old system, nothing at all. No one ever complained that they didn't feel right being '15,000th out of 300,000.' Never did I see a post about that...ever.

New system is even more of a time sink than before. Given the underlying problems of trolls and afks is NOT solved, the introduction of a brand new system is continued to be plagued by said issues.

Having a 53% win rate makes me drop a division? lolwut.

Moving up an entire tier? Forget it, you'll be spending 5-6 hours a day in this game for a week to gain an entire tier.
    Nothing with with the system. It's people thinking it's a timesink that's the problem. People are way to worried about it, as if it really matters to anyone not a pro.

Just play. You will end up where you belong.