Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    I disagree. I started at 1028 elo.

    I played some matches and I very rarely play ranked.

    I got one match which consisted of me going mid, I did just fine and had a kill until I looked at the stats tab...enemy adc had 6/1..... and our jungler had a score of 0/4...
    Now as a Gragas who did decent in his lane...I can't carry that game.

    Okay, next game, shit happens.

    1 afk for the entire match.... yeah you know what happened.

    Next thing you know I am at 900 -something elo.


    There very clearly is something like elo hell.

    Excuses? Bitch please, I know when something is my fault and when I screw up, I have a brain and am capable of using it. I know very well if I do something wrong.

    But the fact of the matter is I did good or decent in those games and still I lose because of team mates who are not present or who are feeding kills to the enemy team quite easily.


    Oh and if you don't care, why make a thread? Seems very contradicting to say the least.

  2. #22
    The saying should be changed to "ELO Hell only exists when you're mad", since that's usually when people start whining about it... when they're mad.

    Ranked requires patience and concentration. If you can't keep your cool, then I suggest you don't play ranked.

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    The saying should be changed to "ELO Hell only exists when you're mad", since that's usually when people start whining about it... when they're mad.

    Ranked requires patience and concentration. If you can't keep your cool, then I suggest you don't play ranked.
    Where do you get that I am mad.

    That is baseless speculation and simply trying to patronize me, which is not needed.


    I said 1 afk and 2 extreme feeders 1 including the jungler who had done almost nothing to boot resulted in elo loss for me.


    So yes, there is some sort of elo hell, be it bad luck or be it a real real thing where all people get tossed into one big pool of afkers, ragers etc.



    Outright denying that is stating: It is your fault you lost the game. Which is not true.

    Tell me how many times you 1v5ed with an AP carry for example.

  4. #24
    Obviously bad people exist only on the enemy team.

    Teams are evenly matched most of the times, sometimes people don´t get their best roles and sometimes people have bad game. If you are actually losing a lot you are either flaming like mad or you don´t deserve the ELO you are at. Sometimes you get unlucky streaks, but if you are consistently losing a lot you are probablly just bad for your ELO.

    Pandragon just left this forum and I don´t think anyone wants you to replace him.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Where do you get that I am mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Excuses? Bitch please
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Oh and if you don't care, why make a thread? Seems very contradicting to say the least.
    Mainly those two lines seems like you're getting angry at tiny things.

    If I had a nickel for every person who complained about ELO Hell, I would be richer than Donald Trump. So many people complain about it, we understanding people try to explain that it doesn't exist, yet people come back, whine whine and whine some more, and it's getting really old.

    Check out Gbay99 at YouTube, he has a lot of advice for soloQ-players. That's all I can offer now, but at least it's something.

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollspwn View Post
    Obviously bad people exist only on the enemy team.

    Teams are evenly matched most of the times, sometimes people don´t get their best roles and sometimes people have bad game. If you are actually losing a lot you are either flaming like mad or you don´t deserve the ELO you are at. Sometimes you get unlucky streaks, but if you are consistently losing a lot you are probablly just bad for your ELO.

    Pandragon just left this forum and I don´t think anyone wants you to replace him.
    I don't even know who Pandragon is and I don't intend to replace anybody.


    It is quite ridiculous that somebody with a different opinion and view on things is ridiculed like this.


    Bad luck streaks? Yes, I JUST said that. Elo loss is not always the one person's fault. You have legit baddies who cry about it and you have real unlucky people.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 06:45 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Mainly those two lines seems like you're getting angry at tiny things.

    If I had a nickel for every person who complained about ELO Hell, I would be richer than Donald Trump. So many people complain about it, we understanding people try to explain that it doesn't exist, yet people come back, whine whine and whine some more, and it's getting really old.

    Check out Gbay99 at YouTube, he has a lot of advice for soloQ-players. That's all I can offer now, but at least it's something.
    'Bitch please' is an internet thing, you never heard of it?

    Oh I did not know that saying something is contradictive is being mad?



    You saying there are a lot of people complaining about it does not help man. I want arguments, from you.


    I must say, I have yet to play with the new division system, maybe it is better.
    Last edited by Bananarepublic; 2013-02-03 at 05:48 PM.

  7. #27
    Immortal Duilliath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moonglade
    Posts
    7,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    The saying should be changed to "ELO Hell only exists when you're mad", since that's usually when people start whining about it... when they're mad.

    Ranked requires patience and concentration. If you can't keep your cool, then I suggest you don't play ranked.
    I thought Elo Hell simply did not exist. A quote on Reign of Gaming convinced me otherwise: Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo.

  8. #28
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I thought Elo Hell simply did not exist. A quote on Reign of Gaming convinced me otherwise: Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo.
    Using quotes like that but not coming with arguments. Why?

  9. #29
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Using quotes like that but not coming with arguments. Why?
    Because people like you do not listen to arguments. However, I will repeat what everyone keeps saying in regards to "elo hell".

    Elo is not about 2, 3, 10 or even 50 matches. There always will be matches no one can win and in short run it might cause you to drop for a short time. HOWEVER! If your elo is, as you claim, below your skill level then on average the enemy team has a higher chance to have bad player(s) in it - why? Because your team has you(apparently awesome) and 4 other spots. Enemy team has 5 spots that are not filled by awesome you! There are only 4 rolls of the dice for feeders, afkers, leavers and baddies on your team while enemy teams have 5 such rolls - in other words, if you play enough games (10 is not enough. Expect several hundreds to climb to area around 2000.) you WILL climb.

    Once again, those are the teams:
    You(totally awesome) Other guy(potentially bad)
    Other guy(potentially bad) Other guy(potentially bad)
    Other guy(potentially bad) Other guy(potentially bad)
    Other guy(potentially bad) Other guy(potentially bad)
    Other guy(potentially bad) Other guy(potentially bad)

    Understand? This is why you will win more than you lose and steadily climb the ladder if you are placed below your level.
    Last edited by Caine; 2013-02-03 at 06:25 PM.

  10. #30
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because people like you do not listen to arguments. However, I will repeat what everyone keeps saying in regards to "elo hell".

    Elo is not about 2, 3 or even 10 matches. There always will be matches no one can win. HOWEVER. If your elo is, as you claim, below your skill level then on average the enemy team has a higher chance to have bad player(s) in it - why? Because your team has you(apparently awesome) and 4 other spots. Enemy team has 5 spots that are not filled by awesome you! There are only 4 rolls of the dice for feeders, afkers, leavers and baddies on your team while enemy teams have 5 such rolls - in other words, if you play enough games (10 is not enough. Expect several hundreds to climb to area around 2000.) you WILL climb.
    You didn't even talk to me before and you assume this?
    What, the, hell.

    All I got up until this point was a decent explanation and a 'you mad?' post accompanied with a youtube video.

    But now I got one good post, thanks.
    Last edited by Bananarepublic; 2013-02-03 at 06:28 PM.

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    You didn't even talk to me before and you assume this?
    What, the, hell.

    All I got up until this point was a decent explanation and a 'you mad?' post accompanied with a youtube video.

    But now I got one, thanks.
    I just surmised the video's contents in my post. There's been an uncountable amount of posts on this forum saying pretty much exactly what I just said and yet I see people crying about elo hell, that is why I assume anyone doing so is unable to listen to arguments.

  12. #32
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I just surmised the video's contents in my post. There's been an uncountable amount of posts on this forum saying pretty much exactly what I just said and yet I see people crying about elo hell, that is why I assume anyone doing so is unable to listen to arguments.
    Ever heard of the saying: Don't judge a book by it's cover?

    You should stop doing that.

    But your explanation gave hope for ranked somewhat.
    Last edited by Bananarepublic; 2013-02-03 at 06:35 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I thought Elo Hell simply did not exist. A quote on Reign of Gaming convinced me otherwise: Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo.
    Fucking quote of the year, right there.

    Added to sig...who said that quote?
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-02-03 at 06:39 PM.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    That being said, this thread is still very contradictive. :3

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,600
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Ever heard of the saying: Don't judge a book by it's cover?

    You should stop doing that.

    But your explanation gave hope for ranked somewhat.
    Ah well. You will find a lot of enmity from most of the posters on this forum to any mention of elo hell, manly due to one person - Pandragon. He brought the art of being a fucking wuss and blaming shit on everyone else to a whole new level and left a really bad impression that's probably going to linger. >.>


    Also, really watch what Grading posted. Worth it.

  16. #36
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Ah well. You will find a lot of enmity from most of the posters on this forum to any mention of elo hell, manly due to one person - Pandragon. He brought the art of being a fucking wuss and blaming shit on everyone else to a whole new level and left a really bad impression that's probably going to linger. >.>


    Also, really watch what Grading posted. Worth it.
    No, I have to install windows 7 now on a windows 8 laptop, which seems impossible.

  17. #37
    If people spent more time actually trying to learn, get experience and become good, and less time feeling sorry for themselves, and trying to be smartass "meme champions", then the world would be a better place.
    (That's not directed at anyone in specific btw, just in general.)

    Sorry if I seem awfully cross, but even a patient man will become not-so-patient after the millionth person pulls that shit.

  18. #38
    I am Murloc! Bananarepublic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    5,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    If people spent more time actually trying to learn, get experience and become good, and less time feeling sorry for themselves, and trying to be smartass "meme champions", then the world would be a better place.
    (That's not directed at anyone in specific btw, just in general.)


    Sorry if I seem awfully cross, but even a patient man will become not-so-patient after the millionth person pulls that shit.
    I am 100% that is directed at me. -_-

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Using quotes like that but not coming with arguments. Why?


    This guy makes a damn good point, and he does use arguments. 4 minutes and 40 seconds to know why elo hell isn't real. And believe me, I'm the kind of guy that playes ranked, does good, then loses the match because of retards on my team which I then have to rage at.

    But I do know that this guy makes a valid point.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    I am 100% that is directed at me. -_-
    No, you're not alone, you know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •