Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

PSA no-one cares if you think you should be in a higher division/tier.

If you belong there, get there.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...hould_be_in_a/

Do you even reddit?!?

but ya I have to agree, if you went down with the new rating change, then you can get back to where you were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...hould_be_in_a/

Do you even reddit?!?

but ya I have to agree, if you went down with the new rating change, then you can get back to where you were.
    Yes I do Reddit. /u/StylesClashv3 - But not everyone here does. And the inevitable...posts will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea I knew you did and some others, but I was being somewhat sarcastic there.

And yes, there have already been posts about why am I x tier instead of y.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StylesClashv3 View Post
    Yes I do Reddit. /u/StylesClashv3 - But not everyone here does. And the inevitable...posts will come.
    You are late.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...g-system-sucks

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20070974

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    yea I knew you did and some others, but I was being somewhat sarcastic there.

And yes, there have already been posts about why am I x tier instead of y.
    Sarcasm doesn't really translate well, unless I know you for a sarcastic bastard.

I was surprised I didn't see a certain someones *ahh* Placement thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    If you belong there, get there.

Let me put this into an analogy.

Skilled special ops soldier is placed into a team of rookies and sent out into battle against regulars. Team of rookies place charges in the wrong areas, place C4 and Claymores underneath cars and on rooftops, and quake under combat.

And the reason I'm so bitter is because I just played another game and lost, where the enemy team invaded our blue and got two kills. My lane started with 1 kill and 1 assist, and I ended up killing her six times and pushing two towers. I gank mid and shut down insanely fed Swain for the bounty and initiate the fight for my team to secure an ace.

While I'm dead, team decides to baron and gets aced by the reborn Swain. Maokai snares enemy fed Draven who has a GA (Maokai has less than 10% hp remaining) and gets himself killed.

We have a ward at our blue buff and enemy team camps the bush. Maokai pings to go in but our team is separated. It's just him and our adc, Vayne. I'm coming from top after repushing a lane to join them. Without warning Maokai jumps into the bush with his snare launching an engage of a 3v5. When I get there, Swain and all their carries are alive except for their tank, Malphite.

And by the way, this happens for every single ranked game I play. I've won 1 game in my division and that was because our mid lane and I did well. I went counterpicked Teemo with Wukong and picked up 5 kills and turned a gank into a double kill. Initiated my team fights and tanked the enemy adcs and apcs and peeled to allow my own to focus down opposing carries. That is the type of team I enjoy to play with.

NOT the one that focuses the extremely tanky Malphite (which is a 9/10 chance my team will actually do that)

LegendXV look at the game and think about the thinks you could have done but didnt...which mistakes you made etc. Usually the main problem is you and not the other players. You are the only player who is in every game of yours.

Sure you can lose a few games in a row due to imbalanced teams (happens) but if you keep playing, you will easily rise again because you are playing now below your skill level.

Let me tell you guys something.

The next time you win, pay attention to the chat. Notice how they're arguing? That's the same kind of team you guys always complain about getting. But the thing is, EVERYONE gets those kinda teams. Everyone. Suck it up, learn from it and move on.

Also, if you haven't, check out Gbay99 on YouTube. He is informative in multiple ways when it comes to soloQ-experiences and advice.

If that doesn't help you, then I can only wish you good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    LegendXV: you are focusing on one single game. Elo does not work that way. The new system does not work that way.

Play more games and you'll get where you should be.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    LegendXV look at the game and think about the thinks you could have done but didnt...which mistakes you made etc. Usually the main problem is you and not the other players. You are the only player who is in every game of yours.

Sure you can lose a few games in a row due to imbalanced teams (happens) but if you keep playing, you will easily rise again because you are playing now below your skill level.
    I feel like I'm playing with people below my level against those who are at a higher skill level than my teammates. It may be compatibility. Yes, I win 50/50, but every time I have to end up carrying. I've switched from support and jungler to the main roles to win the game.

It's just frustrating when five minutes into the game bot has died twice, top has died once, and you're at mid looking at yourself like ... "what the heck?"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you give up after 5 minutes, you are fully responsible for your losses and no one else.

There's been plenty of games that have been turned around. You still need to keep playing them out.

And if you are mid there really is no excuse. You apparently are stomping your lane (after all, you're awesome, right) and don't casually swing by top lane or bot to help them get ahead. It's on you to win, not your team.

Deleted
    Sorry but I have to stick with LegendXV, i mainly play support which has gotten kind of frustrating for you can do close to nothing if your adc screws up, or the other lines feed, wards yeah how you gonna pay them without assists, how you gonna survive in team fights when you are the only ones buying some, 6 wards are mostly needed to cover the important parts, thats a lot of gold every few minutes, not that it would make any difference for people just dont pay attention to the map, "stop pinging dude, whoa I am dead, IuIz". Dont get me wrong i sure could do a lot better, but to state things like: Its your fault the team lost, all the time because you didnt try hard enough, is just silly"

I distinguish two behaviors between players recently:
    - not comitting to teamfights, I land cc use ult or somethink like that, engage with tank, my team members run away , I die. End of the story, in the process of running away they mostly get caught but still run away, close to zero damage was done to the other team. I sometimes wonder miracle these guys wait for until they commit.

- the other behavior is they over estimate themselves when gotten into a favorable position, I lost so many games just because they went on an endless hunt to catch some lowbie just be cc and taken out by respawn, or guys wandering alone in enemy territory: "Look at me, come at me bro i am fed, bamm insta gib" You might argue that you have to follow these guys, but is really the way to go, if objectives could be easily taken? And try to warn them and call them back only fall in deaf ears most of the time, sometimes i feel like a fucking prophet, i write in chat "watch dude, xyz missing or ping the path the will take" next thing i hear "An Ally has been slain" really? I guess i would win 20% more games or so if only more of my team members where playing safe, not hanging around with zero life at the tower, buying wards, going back only when its useful, not "whoa watch out there are 5 Enemies in Midlane, time go back and buy that sweet ruby cristall, WHY THE FUCK DID YOU START WITHOUT ME?"

But maybe i just didnt try hard enough as a support to win games so its kinda my fault that these players play the way they do. If you say i should switch to another role its in most cases kinda hard because two guys yelling mid and two top most of the time, first pick insta lock his lane, so rest of the team rages or has to pick whats left. When you are last pick you are guaranteed to pick sup, because close to no one ever wants to play sup.
    Last edited by mmoc901e5959a9; 2013-02-03 at 11:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I read are more excuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    All I read are more excuses.
    excuses for what? start making sense plz, so apparently your statement is everything is your fault if it happens not your teammates, plz dont understand it wrong i am far from blaming anything on the others, i also admit errors to my team and say when i messed up but sometimes people just tend to switch off their brain and pull of stunts which make no sense, how am i supposed to prevent that guy from doing solo dragon without vision while rest of team is at the base deffing, resulting in his death and in late game that death alawys means free baron or win for it gives the enemy team gets a huge boost in confidence. You can ping all day long and write in chat it doesnt matter... plz dont act like you got it all figured out. No one has done that considering the enigma of the human mind. Hence i didnt even rage at anyone i told them gj, warded and stayed with major part of team (rest was of farming ofc) how you encourage that to turn into a win.

Deleted
    having played some 3800 games in this game total I can tell you this:

if you're top, mid, jungle or carry you can carry yourself 100% by being THIS MUCH BETTER than the other team.
    in 95% of the games you play across the board teams are pretty equal.

it is very rare that your team steamrolls the other team entirely, but very common that one team gets ahead due to the moves of one to two players, on both teams.

all in all if you are in ELO hell it is because you deserve to be there. you might play Kha'zix like a 2200 elo player but that doesn't help if you play champions you're no good at and expect to automatically win by being awesome.

if you're truly misplaced in the elo system you should be looking at winning around 70% of the time. this means out of every 10 games played you gain about 4 games worth of elo (or league points or whatever they are going to name it next). gaining rating takes A LOT of games. a normal game is around 30 minutes so playing 10 of those takes 5 hours. for 5 hours of work you went up with about 40 points.

so just relax, play games, and when you start hitting around 2000-3000 games played you might just be good enough to play with the big boys that spent an equal amount of time getting good to reach their 2200 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    if you're top, mid, jungle or carry you can carry yourself 100% by being THIS MUCH BETTER than the other team.
    in 95% of the games you play across the board teams are pretty equal.
    You can also, on rare occasion, carry as support. Excellent use of Sona's ult for example will wreck enemy teams.
    RETH

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    You can also, on rare occasion, carry as support. Excellent use of Sona's ult for example will wreck enemy teams.
    not by yourself, whereas you can pretty much open up a win 1v5 with your team doing some light assisting (i.e hitting stuff) to the side which is why I excluded it

of course you can carry your lane as an example Leona by just creating the kills for your so-so carry

Idk i don't even bother reading peoples reasons for being such a low elo or division anymore. It's the same bullcrap every time. So what, every person who's low elo should be higher and everyone higher just got lucky and should be lower?

New rating system is fine but there are some fixes they need to do. Already fixed the lp gain/loss deal yesterday but it's a new system so there's some tweaks to be made. If you hate it so much then stop playing ranked right now and wait a bit. Why is it that I've never been the one who gets lucky with teams but i'm sitting just below plat? act like a parent to the screaming team mates and eventually they settle down. Stomp your lane they'll listen. play smart, make smart calls and people listen. Simple as that.

in S1 i dropped to 800 elo as i hit 30 and went up to gold. s2 hit 1700 in first 8 games and let it decay then just sat on gold. s3 currently am 12-3 with only 1 game where i didn't carry and/or lead the team and i'm sitting right below plat. am i just that lucky?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    Idk i don't even bother reading peoples reasons for being such a low elo or division anymore. It's the same bullcrap every time. So what, every person who's low elo should be higher and everyone higher just got lucky and should be lower?

New rating system is fine but there are some fixes they need to do. Already fixed the lp gain/loss deal yesterday but it's a new system so there's some tweaks to be made. If you hate it so much then stop playing ranked right now and wait a bit. Why is it that I've never been the one who gets lucky with teams but i'm sitting just below plat? act like a parent to the screaming team mates and eventually they settle down. Stomp your lane they'll listen. play smart, make smart calls and people listen. Simple as that.

in S1 i dropped to 800 elo as i hit 30 and went up to gold. s2 hit 1700 in first 8 games and let it decay then just sat on gold. s3 currently am 12-3 with only 1 game where i didn't carry and/or lead the team and i'm sitting right below plat. am i just that lucky?
    the new ranked system is fine if your gold or above if you are silver and bronze you get trolled,full of afk/rage quit. to get out you need to be pro as fuck or get luck but wen 3/5 people fed you wont be able to carry anyway