Another is worth getting post

Hi i am new to the forums, i am ex WoW player, years ago, i play almost all contents until cata,(except for most raids ), for some reason i sold all WoW disk and account and stop playing MMORPG for some time, when Guild Wars 2 lauch, i buy it whit the hope of finding a new mmo classic, i found myself dissapointed, but that is another history.

My great problem whit WoW was that i started when WOTLK was almost finishing, so i lost a lot of aclassic content, now i am looking for a new MMORPG that is not that old and gave the chance to make all contents, i am thinking in rift for that, my objective is to try it this month before i start college again, if i lke the game i would play it actively again in july.

What i look i an MMORPG, is a loot-centric game, whit a lot of chalenge and variety of creatures and dungeons.

Note: Whit Storm Legion, all vanilla raids are useless?

Sorry for my english

Well, Rift is made in the new style of MMOs. What could be called informally, the World of Warcraft style.

There are dungeons, dailies, reputation, raids, battlegrounds, addons, UI customization and so on. In these generic features Rift has them all.

A few key differences that I think makes Rift about on par with the best MMOs to date:

- 10 man and 20 man raids are each their own discrete instances. There is no 10 man version of a 20 man raid. The two would be totally different instances, in different parts of the world and so on.

- Rift allows players to down set their level at their choosing. Somewhat like Guild Wars 2's downscaling. However, in Rift it is totally voluntary. You down set to the level you wish, if you wish.

- Progression is very open. One can raid, run dungeons or participate in various open world activities and yet can achieve a very high level of character progression. No matter what option you choose.

- Alternate Advancement system similar to Evequest or Age of Conan. Even post-level cap there are ways to improve which are not tied to gear. And the choice is open for the most part.

- Hybrid centric class system. Rift places a premium on combining many different aspects of a calling into builds appropriate to the situation. One could very well be a Warrior that uses ranged attacks without ever setting in melee. Likewise, one could play a melee Mage 100% of the time. There is a lot of choice in builds and paths. Or just play those classes as a stereotype if they wished; sword & board warrior or fireball casting magician, for example.

- Development. Rift enjoys what is nearly unprecedented consistent, robust and active developer support. Patches and updates are frequent-- usually 1 to 1 1/2 months apart. Huge in content quantity and features.

Regularity and breath of Rift's support is objective fact:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rift_%2...ontent_updates

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/upda...ss-eclipse.php

I have played MMOs as good as Rift, but I have not played an MMO better than Rift.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-01 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have played MMOs as good as Rift, but I have not played an MMO better than Rift.
    This is your opinion, I'm amusing. If so, Pretend I never quoted you.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    This is your opinion, I'm amusing. If so, Pretend I never quoted you.
    Definition of I
    : the one who is speaking or writing <I feel fine> — compare me, mine, my, we

You assume correctly.

Thx fencers your post was very clear to me, i am thinking in buy this game and make me a necro or something, another question if i download rift lite and then buy the game i have to download more or rift lite brings all the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Definition of I
    : the one who is speaking or writing <I feel fine> — compare me, mine, my, we

You assume correctly.
    Very well, pretend I was never here.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by FREDREX View Post
    rift lite brings all the game
    This 10char.

Once downloading RIFT Lite you will not need to download anything else other than hotfixes and patches until you purchase Storm Legion.