Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    Deleted

No Quarter Exposed: World First NA Regulos Kill an Exploit

So I thought I'd bring you a little action packed update of what has recently come to light of No Quarters exploitation and cover up of there supposed NA first Regulos kill, as from reading all the rucus on the official forums it becomes quite confusing unless you can translate vast quantities of "L33t Sp3ak" *que CSI music*

So if you haven't been in the RIFT endgame raiding scene for to long, No Quarter previously claimed the World First Maelforge kill, a month and a bit later it came to light that No Quarter had used an exploit to kill this boss where they could stack the consumables such as Powerstones and Weaponstones multiple times to get insanely high stats, thus entirely negating the difficulty of the fight. Trion then did a public statement and revoked there World First and Achievements and also banned them for Beta Testing Storm Legion Raiding, more info which can be found here

So the recent endgame progression race was for the 'First Regulos Kill', the German guild known as <Game Over> Managed to claim it in a state that was thought by the dev's and most to be impossible, so once again a big congratulations to them, full kill video and logs, the day after no quarter claimed a kill and posted this and I quote *Teaser* video and refused to show logs. This made people very sketchy, but they were very insistant it was a 'legit kill' they then proceeded to take several other shard firsts and annoy quite a few people, as per usual.

*Teaser Video*

So the last bit of the fight is basically a burn on the boss, you can't tank the boss, he's just randomly 1 shotting you and everytime somebody dies an add spawns, so to pretty to everyone this seemed fairly 'legit' in terms of a kill.

Last night it came to light that No Quarter found an exploit and used a druid pet to tank Regulos himself in all the prior phases, allowing them to negate not only a healer or two, some important fight mechanics and also with the additional dps pretty much destroyed the difficulty the dps check of hard enrage of this fight. The way it works to the best of my understanding is that all Regulos's attacks are cleaves, pets have almost immunity to cleaves, to insure they don't die to AOE effects on various bosses to make pet specs viable for raiding.

As you can see by the video above for the first 8 or so minuites, During the regulos phase the druid pet is just standing in and ignoring most of the mechanics of the fight, thus negating any tanking requirement, making it pretty much for that phase tank and spank.

To top it all off here is a video of there first Matriach of Pestilence (The 3rd boss of EE, considered by some as the massive roadblock in the instance) Kill as well, which as you can see they are just all stacked up in one spot, the boss is not doing everything and they are nuking, this without saying. So they used this cheese tactic to get to Regulos in the first place

Just thought I'd give you the word on the street in the endgame raiding scene, which may for yourselves explain the majority of topics in the dungeons and raids section, I think the thing that most disappoints me is that somebody I highly respected before I saw this for being an outstanding member of the RIFT Community (Cupcake), has pretty much lost all my respect.

Really disappointed that <No Quarter> would sink to this level again, I don't usually wish bans upon players or guilds, but I really think this time is it deserved, considering all the grief they have been going around causing.

Edit: Reponse from Daglar

Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2013-01-31 at 09:56 PM.

I really didn't think that was an "exploit" when I heard of it. Seems like interesting use of mechanics 101. And also... sorta Trion's fault, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Not surprised that <No Quarter> would sink to this level again, I really think this time it's permaban time, considering all the grief they have been going around causing.
    Fixed that for you, to reflect my feeling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately today's "gamers" are nothing to what proper MMO gamers were "back in the day", yes i'm that old

This goal to get to see virtual, different looking pixels first before anyone else would have Sigmund Freud writing thesis after thesis on the psychology of what drives these people, but from the past ten years on, nearly all MMO's have suffered kool kids trying to find any possible exploit or "clever use of game mechanics"

Even the big elephant in the room, WoW wasn't immune, a whole Guild got banned for exploiting C'thun by using an exploit to make the floors above his chamber bug out and they could drop right down to boss and ignore nearly all the trash/other bosses right up to when a lot of the top Guilds got a week's ban from exploiting loot drops in the LFR system.

We'll just have to wait and see what Trion does, a week's ban, lifetime ban? who knows or who will care is probably the best question

Yeah, I don't think they should get banned. Clearly, as you said, pets are immune to cleaves and the boss cleaves. Using a pet to tank is a legitimate strategy right? I mean we've done it on wow on numerous occasions. Voidwalkers, Hunter pets, etc.

It would be different if that found a spot to stand in that made the cleave miss or made the boss stop attacking. But using a mechanic that is accepted for other things should be allowed during a raid boss fight.

The thread started about this was fing amazing: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4139909
    It lasted exactly one hour and has so far garnered 4454 Likes. That's over 17 times as many as the Storm Legion Expansion Announcement thread got.

Personally I think that this is despicable behaviour. The NQ leadership have shown they have absolutely no regard for either the game, integrity of the race or the community. I have absolutely no qualms about advocating a permanent ban for any of the players who also knowingly exploited their way through ID. They got a second chance, they chose to ignore the warnings given. They don't deserve a third chance.

EDIT: They also exploited a previous boss in the same instance, Matriarch of Pestilence in such a way that she was unable to target anyone and therefore couldn't damage them. That makes at least 4 bosses they have knowingly exploited to an extreme degree, denied to the community and then shown absolutely no remorse for their actions when exposed.

The telling part is that the exploit they used was known to every guild who had a member in Alpha testing, but no-one else sunk to those levels. It's also funny that even with the pet tanking they still struggled with the DPS check.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2013-01-31 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Personally I think that this is despicable behaviour. The NQ leadership have shown they have absolutely no regard for either the game, integrity of the race or the community. I have absolutely no qualms about advocating a permanent ban for any of the players who also knowingly exploited their way through ID. They got a second chance, they chose to ignore the warnings given. They don't deserve a third chance.

EDIT: They also exploited a previous boss in the same instance, Matriarch of Pestilence in such a way that she was unable to target anyone and therefore couldn't damage them. That makes at least 4 bosses they have knowingly exploited to an extreme degree, denied to the community and then shown absolutely no remorse for their actions when exposed.

The telling part is that the exploit they used was known to every guild who had a member in Alpha testing, but no-one else sunk to those levels. It's also funny that even with the pet tanking they still struggled with the DPS check.
    Indeed, Yea I missed the bit out in regards to the Matriach exploit and kill, but I just added in a little section to give you lot an idea with the kill video, It's quite frankly disgraceful behaviour, I'm interested in what Cupcake has to say about this and also the action that Trion will take.

I actually lost my respect for Cupcake as well.
    I lost my respect for most of NQ a long time ago, I was almost beginning to forgive a few of them but that's gone.

Deleted
    Lol do people still play rift?

<Infracted: Please post constructively>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2013-01-31 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Lol do people still play rift?
    Indeed, quite a lot more than you may think, but judging by the way this is worded, enjoy your ban

Deleted
    Indeed, quite a lot more than you may think, but judging by the way this is worded, enjoy your ban
    Ahw not again.

Been thinking of reactivating but all the people i know that play/played it tell me it's dead

I know this doesn't contribute much to the discussion....but who really cares? They cheated themselves, nobody else. It's just a game and some bosses. And tbh probably the only reason you posted this post is to try and elevate yourself in the Rift community, because for some reason that's important to you and by knocking other guilds when yours kills Regulos you can feel a little more proud about it I guess.

At the end of the day, whatever they did have 0 affect you your gaming experience and your own raid, why does it matter? Don't get why so many care about what others do when you're meant to play games for your own enjoyment.

This also kinda shows that NQ were just smarter than everyone else and thought outside the box, no offense. But I guarantee if anybody else had found this, they'd have done it.
    Last edited by Fluffygong; 2013-01-31 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    probably the only reason you posted this post is to try and elevate yourself in the Rift community, because for some reason that's important to you and by knocking other guilds when yours kills Regulos you can feel a little more proud about it I guess.
    Yep that's exactly right, I want people to have small golden statues made out of me, that are placed on their Kitchen windows and given to various loved ones on Valentines day and everyday at around 7pm people will bow to these statues and recite the words to Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    At the end of the day, whatever they did have 0 affect you your gaming experience and your own raid, why does it matter? Don't get why so many care about what others do when you're meant to play games for your own enjoyment.

This also kinda shows that NQ were just smarter than everyone else and thought outside the box, no offense. But I guarantee if anybody else had found this, they'd have done it.
    Well at the end of the day its impacting the RIFT community, something that the majority of us are quite involved in, this kind of behaviour just shows disrespect to everyone, I mean fair enough if they had downed Regulos and it and been like "Yea, we found this exploit on Regulos and killed it to prove a point", But instead it was more like "NQ R BEST NA #1, Lets shardhop and steal shard firsts and grief other players"

Back when I was raiding at a more Hardcore scene back in Special Olympics at the start of the x-pac we found a bug where on the second platform crucia could target someone on the first platform and then get stuck and just do nothing, did we use this to get our first kill? No we didn't, reported it straight away and it got ninja hotfixed within a day.

Believe it or not, a lot of guilds have quite a bit of respect for the community, No Quarter just appears not to be one of them.

"Lets shardhop and steal shard firsts and grief other players"

back in Special Olympics

Believe it or not, a lot of guilds have quite a bit of respect for the community, No Quarter just appears not to be one of them.
    Special Olympics never shardhopped for shard firsts, never.

Also, oh no some random people on the internet in America don't respect me. Why does it matter? Does it personally cause you great offense? Anyway, I'm not contributing to the discussion so I'ma leave this alone now

Sorry guys, not seeing that Regulos kill as an exploit. Pets are in the fights. Pets can tank. Pets don't get cleaved. It sounds like a legitimate strategy. Stacking consumables when they aren't supposed to be stacked? That's an exploit. Using a pet to do what your pet does (tank), isn't. If Trion didn't want you to use pets to tank raid bosses, they'd either eliminate them from being in raids or they wouldn't let them tank.

They never did anything in the past, why do anything now? Might as well just lose all respect for Trion and let their game die imo. It's their own fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    They never did anything in the past, why do anything now? Might as well just lose all respect for Trion and let their game die imo. It's their own fault.
    As I said I'm very interested to see the outcome, I'm hoping Daglar will respond on the official forums within the next day

To top it all off here is a video of there first Matriach of Pestilence (The 3rd boss of EE, considered by some as the massive roadblock in the instance) Kill as well, which as you can see they are just all stacked up in one spot, the boss is not doing everything and they are nuking, this without saying. So they used this cheese tactic to get to Regulos in the first place

You know that video may look like an exploit . . .

But look at the acheesement. Look at what the acheese wants and ironically is titled. I am not going to get in a tit for tat on their other actions, but for Matriarch, that may be a solid way to get it.

The real problem is how Reg and other bosses are scripted. Pets do have tank functionality and we have used pet tanks to spot, redirect and out right tank for achievements or other goofy stuff-- like just to try 8 man/no tank slivers.

Really can't see NQ's Reg kill as an exploit. One could come to such a tactic legitimately.

Hell, I remember back in the Keenbad days when VI and Trinity were clearing GP just before us, we thought Warrior pet tank was a good strat for the scorpion boss. Trunks main tanked it and we had a Warrior pet switch off. And it worked on a few attempts before we got the encounter down. Exploit or strat?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Sorry guys, not seeing that Regulos kill as an exploit. Pets are in the fights. Pets can tank. Pets don't get cleaved. It sounds like a legitimate strategy. Stacking consumables when they aren't supposed to be stacked? That's an exploit. Using a pet to do what your pet does (tank), isn't. If Trion didn't want you to use pets to tank raid bosses, they'd either eliminate them from being in raids or they wouldn't let them tank.
    Agree, but it sounds like some of the other activities were a little exploity. I'm not sure exactly what they did, but if Matriarch really couldn't target anyone then yeah...that's def exploiting. Not going to watch the video, but if the way they got to Regulos was sketchy, then the whole thing should probably be taken away.

Definitely don't think using a pet to tank should ever be labeled an exploit. People tried to make that argument in WoW and it failed there too. If devs don't want pets, who are programmed to tank for you, to tank bosses then they should correct the way they interact with pets.
    BAD WOLF