Thread: Ps4

Page 1 of 6
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Ps4

    So yesterday Sony posted a 45 second video on their PlayStation youtube channel which hinted to the date February 20th 2013. Now this is probably going to be the PS4 announcement. Personally I'm a huge fan of Sony and PS. Hope this is going to be an exciting announcement since it's been over six years since the PS3 came out.



    Also I know PC gaming owns but personally I think shooters are better played on consoles.

  2. #2
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    15,809
    I'm not likely to buy it, but I hope it looks like:

    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

  3. #3
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,401
    Okay thanks for the date.

  4. #4
    Sweet now I have to drop another couple hundred dollars to play a game which could still be played on the PS3...

  5. #5
    Old God Frozenbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uk - England
    Posts
    10,002
    I doubt it looks that good...all their other first versions look like they have eaten the previous generations and gained 10 stone :S

    Also just got ps3 for Christmas...apple did the same thing with 3gs -4 -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-02-01 at 09:54 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm not likely to buy it, but I hope it looks like:

    I hope not, that thing's really bulky. Not sure if I'm all that excited about the Ps4 either. Apparently you can only play new games on it (according to rumors) which means no more buying or trading used games. You'll have to buy games brand new whenever you want to play them. But if this isn't going to be the case I'll definitely be getting one eventually.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 03:54 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Narrax View Post
    Sweet now I have to drop another couple hundred dollars to play a game which could still be played on the PS3...
    You don't HAVE to.

  7. #7
    Herald of the Titans Hargalaten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I hope not, that thing's really bulky. Not sure if I'm all that excited about the Ps4 either. Apparently you can only play new games on it (according to rumors) which means no more buying or trading used games. You'll have to buy games brand new whenever you want to play them. But if this isn't going to be the case I'll definitely be getting one eventually.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 03:54 PM ----------



    You don't HAVE to.
    Yes you do... Even though no one is making you,You feel a force calling you every moment of the day that just wont leave you alone

    When you look long enough, Diglett's nose turns into a mouth with 1 tooth!

  8. #8
    Shooters are better played on the PC because of the mouse for aiming and things such as Nostromo N52 TE and Logitechs G13 gameboards. Third person actions games like God of War and Darksiders are better played on consoles.

  9. #9
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    I won't be getting 1, I think im done buying consoles. Just sick of sinking a couple hundred into the console, and then hundreds more on the games only to find out in a few years the next console doesn't play them. I mean seriously why is it so difficult to make them backward compatible, I still like some of my Ps1 and Ps2 games despite the graphics. Just wish they would overlook the fact of getting more money out of us to get games we already own

  10. #10
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Not gonna buy it, I see no reason to right now. I have a functioning ps3 and 360 that I hardly play.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  11. #11
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    I hope not, that thing's really bulky. Not sure if I'm all that excited about the Ps4 either. Apparently you can only play new games on it (according to rumors) which means no more buying or trading used games. You'll have to buy games brand new whenever you want to play them. But if this isn't going to be the case I'll definitely be getting one eventually.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-01 at 03:54 PM ----------



    You don't HAVE to.
    I'd never get one if they did that. I have TONS of ps1/ps2 games. I got the ps3 when it was released for new games & because I could play old games on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  12. #12
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,864
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I won't be getting 1, I think im done buying consoles. Just sick of sinking a couple hundred into the console, and then hundreds more on the games only to find out in a few years the next console doesn't play them. I mean seriously why is it so difficult to make them backward compatible, I still like some of my Ps1 and Ps2 games despite the graphics. Just wish they would overlook the fact of getting more money out of us to get games we already own
    It's the fact that they want us to buy new games, in some cases re-mastered games for xbox/ps3(looking at you halo and god of war) instead of playing your old games.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    So yesterday Sony posted a 45 second video on their PlayStation youtube channel which hinted to the date February 20th 2013. Now this is probably going to be the PS4 announcement. Personally I'm a huge fan of Sony and PS. Hope this is going to be an exciting announcement since it's been over six years since the PS3 came out.



    Also I know PC gaming owns but personally I think shooters are better played on consoles.
    Saw it on facebook when a sony rep who used to work in GAME posted it, he doesn't have a clue what it is but thinks it's to early for the PS4.
    Never know though

  14. #14
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,352
    I'm going to wet myself when it ends up being something completely unrelated to PS4 lol

    Still, it will be awhile until I do get the PS4 whenever it comes out. My PS3 still works like a dream and if the rumors are true (dear god I hope not) about not being backwards compatible and only new games being playable, it will be even longer. Sony are not as daft as people may think though. I really don't expect that rumor to be true in the end.

    Also, wasn't it reported that Sony were letting Microsoft make the first announcement in terms of the next gen?

    Rarely updated...

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    I won't be getting 1, I think im done buying consoles. Just sick of sinking a couple hundred into the console, and then hundreds more on the games only to find out in a few years the next console doesn't play them. I mean seriously why is it so difficult to make them backward compatible, I still like some of my Ps1 and Ps2 games despite the graphics. Just wish they would overlook the fact of getting more money out of us to get games we already own
    Tbh that what i was going to do as well but i heard a wee rumor that it will launch with 2 versions...the basic and one with a 3d headset which might push me towards getting one if true.

  16. #16
    The Patient Vanchak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakosi View Post
    Shooters are better played on the PC because of the mouse for aiming and things such as Nostromo N52 TE and Logitechs G13 gameboards. Third person actions games like God of War and Darksiders are better played on consoles.
    Or 3rd person games can be played on pc with a xbox 360 wired controller, which is what I do, most games that are cross platform require no controller setup and just work when you load the game as if it's the 360 version. I do have a 360 as well, but it's not played much, I had the 360 before my pc could play recent games as they came out

  17. #17
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    It's the fact that they want us to buy new games, in some cases re-mastered games for xbox/ps3(looking at you halo and god of war) instead of playing your old games.
    If all you wanted to play was your old games, you wouldn't have a reason to buy the new console in the first place.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If all you wanted to play was your old games, you wouldn't have a reason to buy the new console in the first place.
    What about the next gen console's games? There's a bunch of PS2 games I wish I could play on my PS3 but it's not backwards compatible so I'm having to wait for HD remakes and collections >.>

  19. #19
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA, Lima Ohio
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    If all you wanted to play was your old games, you wouldn't have a reason to buy the new console in the first place.
    So you never have the urge to pull out an old game and replay it? Odd ...I don't think he is saying he just wants to play old games, but sometimes some of us want to revisit things again. At least that's most of the gamers I know!
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2013-02-01 at 10:21 PM.

  20. #20
    The Insane Reeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    15,809
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    So you never have the urge to pull out an old game and replay it? Odd ...I don't think he is saying he just wants to play old games, but sometimes some of us want to revisit things again.
    No, I absolutely want reverse compatibility, but the idea that a new console doesn't have reverse compatibility BECAUSE they want you to buy new games doesn't hold water for me, because you wouldn't buy the new console unless you wanted to also buy the new games that can only be played on it.
    Go and tell my baby sister
    Not to do what I have done
    Go and spurn that house down in New Orleans
    They call the Rising Sun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •