Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Moira Thaurissan

I have a couple of lore questions concerning Moira Thaurissan, the Dark Iron representative in Ironforge. First of all, why doesn't she look like a Dark Iron? (The other Dark Irons have greyish black skin) Second, why do the Dark Irons still attack Brewfest during the event if they're now practically part of the Ironforge dwarves? Are these invading Dark Irons following a different leader?
    | Signature by Khallie |

Herald of the Titans UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    I have a couple of lore questions concerning Moira Thaurissan, the Dark Iron representative in Ironforge. First of all, why doesn't she look like a Dark Iron? (The other Dark Irons have greyish black skin) Second, why do the Dark Irons still attack Brewfest during the event if they're now practically part of the Ironforge dwarves? Are these invading Dark Irons following a different leader?
    1. Moira is the daughter of Magni but she married the leader of the Dark Irons, Dagran Thaurissan. We get to kill him, and her, at the end of the Blackrock Depths dungeons.
    2. I can only guess that the event hasn't been updated. Or they are rebel Dark Irons maybe?
    3. As above I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Threatening an atheist with hell is like threatening a Christian with Mordor.

Moira is the daughter of Magni Bronzebeard, an Ironforge dwarf, hence the skin color. As for the Dark Irons who "attack" Brewfest, they are just angry, and are lead, in a sense, by Corin Direbrew.
    Pie shall rule the world! Maybe... I like tacos too!

My Main
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Holyfar/simple

Moira is an Ironforge Dwarf.

It's probably just game play reasons why the still attack, but you could argue that they're the one's still aligned with the Twilight's Hammer.

She is officially the Dark Iron representative but she was not born a Dark Iron dwarf. She was married to the Dark Iron leader at one point but we killed him but after she got pregnant with his baby. She is I think an Ironforge dwarf (don't quote me on it).
    The Dark Iron that attack Brewfest do follow different leader and he is in the dungeon when you do the event. Also they still attack for the sake of having a holiday boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Funny story, my last gf was a lot younger than me, she kept calling me a pedophile. I was like "lol that's a big word for a 6 year old."
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I asked my dog how it likes to be fucked and it said, "Ruff."

Moira is the daughter of Magni Bronzebeard. She was kidnapped by Dagran Thaurissan and fell in love with and married him, becoming essentially the ruler of the Dark Irons after he died. Her son is the ruler by blood of both kingdoms, and Moira is interested in taking control of the entire dwarven nation. So there's some tension there.

As a result of said tension, some Dark Irons are interested in reunification, others are not. Plus lots of Dark Irons are still pretty rotten. Hence some of them still love to cause trouble.

Full details here. Bam!

http://www.wowpedia.org/Moira_Thaurissan

Read this for Moira, it's too much to type out (and done much better then I ever could) http://www.wowpedia.org/Moira_Thaurissan

The Brewfest thing I dunno. I guess it's more of an unfriendly brawl then a war or anything, so I guess the dwarves just get another pint and move on with their day.

Well when your drunk & want beer wouldn't you fight over it ? It is Dwarves we are talking about here .

Quote Originally Posted by Wowpedia, Source of All Knowledge
    In World of Warcraft: Cataclysm the Dark Iron Clan will no longer be united. One group of Dark Irons will join the Alliance with their leader Moira Thaurissan, while the other group, considerably smaller, will throw their lot in with the Twilight Hammer.
    So I assume all the bad Dark Irons attacking Brewfest can be dismissed as allies of the Twilight Hammer-friendly faction.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Those are the completely alcoholic Dark Iron Dwarves that attack Brewfest. They are like a sect, lol.

The Dark Irons who attack Brewfest do so out of revenge for being excluded from the festival. Now that the Dark Irons are allowed in Ironforge they should also be allowed to participate, but I guess the event just hasn't been updated.

Thanks, that clarifies some things about Moira which always bugged me. Another question, are the playable dwarf warlocks Dark Irons (even though the model doesn't show it due to limitations), or simply Ironforge dwarves who learnt the dark arts from the resident Dark Irons?
    | Signature by Khallie |

THe Dark Irons were barely touched in Cata. Which leads me to think Blizz has more planned for them down the road. If any Ally race were to go Horde, it'd be them. Then the Alliance could get High Elves.
    Permanently unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

Been a fun run guys, but the game's officially moved into the "Milk the Playerbase" phase. And I for one don't intend to stick around as the cost of expansions go up, content in them goes down, and raids become further and further apart.
    Maybe I'll be back for WoW2, but probably not. - Slowpoke, the former Dokhidamo

Quote Originally Posted by Samakuro View Post
    Thanks, that clarifies some things about Moira which always bugged me. Another question, are the playable dwarf warlocks Dark Irons (even though the model doesn't show it due to limitations), or simply Ironforge dwarves who learnt the dark arts from the resident Dark Irons?
    Ironforge Dwarves who learned i'd say; in the same way that Night Elf mages are Night Elves who learned from the Highborne.
    "Can your blood atone for genocide, orc? Your Horde killed countless innocents with its rampage across Stormwind and Lordaeron. Do you really think you can just sweep all that away and cast aside your guilt so easily? No, your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you." - Grand Admiral Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    THe Dark Irons were barely touched in Cata. Which leads me to think Blizz has more planned for them down the road. If any Ally race were to go Horde, it'd be them. Then the Alliance could get High Elves.
    You don't play Alliance do you? Dark Irons played a huge role in the Dun morogh questline for Cata. In Shattering they launched a full scale invasion of the area and trying to take over Ironforge. Varian thinks Moira was behind it and Stormwind marched on Ironforge to clear them out. That's why the Gnomes largely left Ironforge. It was also there than Anduin stopped his father from executing Moira, who wasn't behind the assault after all. The Dark Irons with Moira are firmly in the Alliance; you can see some of their representatives in Shrine of Seven Stars. The Dark Irons whom attacked IF are working with the Twilight's Hammer and still loyal to Ragnaros. They were defeated. The Thorium Brotherhood is neutral and operates a rule of law similar to the Steamwheedle cartel. So no, they aren't a fit for the Horde at all. There is no love or even sympathy for the Horde amongst the Dark Irons, in any capacity.

Moira is a Thaurissan by marriage her maiden name is Bronzebeard. As in the former King Magni's daughter and her uncles famed explorer Brann and Muradin the Bronzebeard representative on the council.

As for why the Dark Iron still attack well to be frank many Dark Irons don't acknowledge Moira as their leader. She is by all rights a Regent to her infant son (who is heir to both the Bronzebeard and Dark Iron Clan). As to their motives they seem to be trouble makers more than enemies in fact I don't think you even kill the so much as give'm a god-awful welt on their heads.

On a separate note it's been implied that Brewfest will be redesign to incorporate MoP.

Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    There isn't any logic behind the dark irons attacking brewfest. It's a drunking bar fight! They never need a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    You don't play Alliance do you? Dark Irons played a huge role in the Dun morogh questline for Cata. In Shattering they launched a full scale invasion of the area and trying to take over Ironforge. Varian thinks Moira was behind it and Stormwind marched on Ironforge to clear them out. That's why the Gnomes largely left Ironforge. It was also there than Anduin stopped his father from executing Moira, who wasn't behind the assault after all. The Dark Irons with Moira are firmly in the Alliance; you can see some of their representatives in Shrine of Seven Stars. The Dark Irons whom attacked IF are working with the Twilight's Hammer and still loyal to Ragnaros. They were defeated. The Thorium Brotherhood is neutral and operates a rule of law similar to the Steamwheedle cartel. So no, they aren't a fit for the Horde at all. There is no love or even sympathy for the Horde amongst the Dark Irons, in any capacity.
    1. I think you misunderstood the book, they didn't 'invade' anywhere, Magni turned to stone and Moira showed up with her followers and, by rite of succession, was effectively in charge. She put the area under martial law and Varian popped over because she'd effectively kidnapped Anduin by cutting off all travel in and out of the city.

2. There's nothing to suggest that's why the gnomes left ironforge, that's a rumor that popped up that was NEVER confirmed. Ingame they only have a greater presence near Gnomeragan cause they're starting to clear the city out and resettle.

3. There was no bloody assault! Varian was going to kill her because she was acting like a dictator and Anduin kind of pointed out that was harsh.
    You are now future Jack Noir.

Presently, you are trapped in a single moment, which increasingly feels like an eternity. Your boredom is surpassed only by your all consuming rage and contempt for existence itself.

Lore wise, I think its safe to assume that whichever adventuring party encountered (Moira), left her alive.

There was a quest (Which I believe both factions got) that had you go into BRD to save Moira. If all party members had completed said quets and ran BRD again, you'd actually have a priestess spawn with the last boss instead (As Moira had been saved and thus was back in IF)

You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    1. I think you misunderstood the book, they didn't 'invade' anywhere, Magni turned to stone and Moira showed up with her followers and, by rite of succession, was effectively in charge. She put the area under martial law and Varian popped over because she'd effectively kidnapped Anduin by cutting off all travel in and out of the city.
    When I say "Marched" I meant a military action against the city, Varian didn't go completely alone.

2. There's nothing to suggest that's why the gnomes left ironforge, that's a rumor that popped up that was NEVER confirmed. Ingame they only have a greater presence near Gnomeragan cause they're starting to clear the city out and resettle.
    They said they left because of the upheaval in Ironforge felt like a wear on their welcome.

3. There was no bloody assault! Varian was going to kill her because she was acting like a dictator and Anduin kind of pointed out that was harsh.
    Dark Irons in the questline are actively assaulting Ironforge, you have to clear them out in the quests. Again the book and the in game events skew horrible, however the point remains Dark Irons have zero care for the Horde in any capacity and as of MoP the ones in line with Moira are firmly in the Alliance. There are a handful Dark Iron dwarves in the Shrine of Seven Stars that are Alliance flagged and function as vendors and give directions throughout the shrine like city guards. Dark Irons joining the Horde would need significant lore development, not tit for tat should High Elves, for whatever reason, become an Alliance playable race.