Poll: Legendary Weapon

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    You need to be open minded in order to create something. Share idea, Mix and Matching. Taekwondo has kicks while other martial arts also has kicks. So who stole the idea? None, you create something by brainstorming all the great idea to create something new. We dont want people to concentrate on nuking the boss and people will be tempted to do so cause they see an HP bar. While in my idea is similar to scoring point to win. Imagine a martial arts fight with no knock down and what you need to do is to score as many points as you can to win the match. Meaning you will be force to think and use what ever you have. Not everything is one shot if the mechanics says so. Theres more than 30+ mechanics in one floor and it is differrent per class. Count how many spells you have in your spell book, you will have 2-3 mechanic to use each spell and thats just one floor.
    I'm not saying people can't take on other ideas and expand on them, but what you were saying was basically put these games into wow. Also, this would requires so much balancing and take so much time to develop that if Blizzard really wanted to make this, they would have to forsake their PVP, Raiding, and Casual audience to do so. So they would basically lose all of their subscribers in the process. If they make this a side project and develop it slowly so they can focus on PVP, raiding, and casuals, it wouldn't be finished for 5-7 years, and I doubt anyone would be playing wow by then. Your idea is unrealistic and is full of flaws.

Your poll is missing a viable answer. I think your 1M raid is a terrible idea, given there are so many soloable old raids already, and even by your own suggestion the trash mobs would be designed to be oneshot. Further to this, designing a boss with class specific mechanics would likely result in a DBM-like addon for each boss/class, saying "cast X CD in 5, 4, 3, 2..." And all should be able to grasp that solo content is not going to give a BiS weapon for group content.

You suck you take too much time to clear it...or give up and you dont get it
    You are pro, You get it in a short time

Forcing player to become better is a good thing. You made it sound like becoming better is a sin and needs to be avoided at all cost.
    Like what some guy said "You dont try, You dont Fail..so Never try" Thats just so wrong.

Whats wrong in forcing people to become better? Rather than the raid is mostly for fun cause of the mini games before the bosses we have been discussing, they will also prove there skils.

...and it didnt take long for them to implement pokemon on wow. Which we all know comes from another game.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-02 at 08:57 PM.

I voted all three options because I could. And because none of them are a good idea.

Upgrading legendaries is stupid. Your idea of what a "1 man raid" should be is stupid. If you want to play some gimmicky arcade game you have tons of other games you can play. Don't ask to turn WoW into one.

10+ Year Old Account

Forcing player to become better is a good thing. You made it sound like becoming better is a sin and needs to be avoided at all cost.
    Like what some guy said "You dont try, You dont Fail..so Never try" Thats just so wrong.

Whats wrong in forcing people to become better? Rather than the raid is mostly for fun cause of the mini games before the bosses we have been discussing, they will also prove there skils.
    You have the right idea for implementing something like this to a game that's mostly group orientated rather than solo. It would help to improve players as individuals, so they can be better in groups and not be carried as much.

However there's one thing YOU yourself are not clearing your mind towards or trying to understand how this is just not doable for World of Warcraft in particular. They would need to revamp most of our character abilities and even tweak the game engine itself to make this something to be considered serious. IT would be taking way too much of the developer's resources to even attempt this, which would side track them from dealing with what World of Warcraft already has.

You're saying that they can make solo raids that require every class to utilize all their abilities and be smart about how to use them. I believe most can agree that statement sounds awesome. However in the context of WoW and how it's designed, it just sounds silly as hell unless the devs decide to under go a mass overhaul on the entire game. It will NEVER happen
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-02-02 at 09:01 PM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

well...we already have pokemon on wow. They started it...not me

plus i started this idea after I found that crash bandicot parody in the golden lotos daily and thinking of ulduar. If they can have that in game then its possible with there current resource.
    Last edited by Tomia; 2013-02-02 at 09:01 PM.

Another argument full of flaws. People play a game to have fun, and therefore, features that pretty much forces a player to do something they do not want to do should avoided. That is what this would do. Raid Leaders would require that all their team do this to get the weapon and if they refuse they would be taken off the raid team (talking about serious raiding guilds). So this person can either spend who knows how long to get this done and hate every second of it, or not raid seriously, get bored, and quit the game. Getting better is never a bad thing, but someone putting a gun at your head to do it is not what I would find fun.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 04:01 PM ----------

well...we already have pokemon on wow. They started it...not me
    So they should start adding every game in existence into their game? Please show me the logic in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Another argument full of flaws. People play a game to have fun, and therefore, features that pretty much forces a player to do something they do not want to do should avoided. That is what this would do. Raid Leaders would require that all their team do this to get the weapon and if they refuse they would be taken off the raid team (talking about serious raiding guilds). So this person can either spend who knows how long to get this done and hate every second of it, or not raid seriously, get bored, and quit the game. Getting better is never a bad thing, but someone putting a gun at your head to do it is not what I would find fun.
    How about if im a hardcore raider and I don't feel like killing farm bosses that I don't need loot from, would you agree that I should be able to tell my raid leader to bugger off and call me when they get to a boss i actually want to kill? According to your logic you should never have to trade off doing something you don't want to do, so I can only assume you would be cool with players who just stop showing up to raid once they have full BiS gear. The truth of the matter is that if you want to be a 'hardcore raider' you are already forced to do many things that aren't going to maximize your Fun/Time spent ratio, but if you don't do these things (like farming content to help other people in your raid even when you don't personally need an item) then you are by definition not a hardcore raider.

I am so sick of people posting this stupid argument that nothing should ever be added to the game that somebody feels compelled to do as part of character progression, it is a complete strawman and most people who use it haven't really thought it through to its logical conclusion.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    How about if im a hardcore raider and I don't feel like killing farm bosses that I don't need loot from, would you agree that I should be able to tell my raid leader to bugger off and call me when they get to a boss i actually want to kill? According to your logic you should never have to trade off doing something you don't want to do, so I can only assume you would be cool with players who just stop showing up to raid once they have full BiS gear. The truth of the matter is that if you want to be a 'hardcore raider' you are already forced to do many things that aren't going to maximize your Fun/Time spent ratio, but if you don't do these things (like farming content to help other people in your raid even when you don't personally need an item) then you are by definition not a hardcore raider.

I am so sick of people posting this stupid argument that nothing should ever be added to the game that somebody feels compelled to do as part of character progression, it is a complete strawman and most people who use it haven't really thought it through to its logical conclusion.
    The difference is that doing farm content would take what? An hour or two for a week? But what this guy is suggesting could take weeks or months. That is a HUGE difference. So every day for that player would be Log on, Solo Raid, Raid at raid time, Solo raid until you have to go to bed. That's not even including dailies. That person would then be spending the majority of their time on the game, doing something they have no interest in. Yes, it is on the hardcore player for being hardcore which require dedication, but what benefits would this feature deliver to other players that would make it worth having those players subjected to that? None. That is why the rewards should be cosmetic if this were to be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bias poll is bias!

It would be fun if blizzard decided to remove everything single solo game play!- no vote from ´me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Terrible idea. I want devs working on new raid content, not fannying about on something like this.

Legendary items that everyone can get in a few hours isnt legendary, they then become an ordinary weapon.

You keep on ignoring what i have been saying. You can clear the whole raid and never come back at it again (till next expansion) in just one hour or less. You keep on pointing out the noob who cant do it in an hour. YES, noobs will take week or months to clear it since its a brain game that requires strategy and alot of thinking.

Heres the question what if you know your class and knows how to use your brain?
    >The answer is simple, do it in less than an hour and never come back in it (till next expansion since there would be a diferent iL).
    There is no reason to come back after clearing it. Its plainly a bonus and secret raid not part of the lore nor any expansion. Its just for people who wants to expirience something not found in wow at the same time get a reward worth trying hard.

You keep on ignoring what i have been saying. You can clear the whole raid and never come back at it again (till next expansion) in just one hour or less. You keep on pointing out the noob who cant do it in an hour. YES, noobs will take week or months to clear it since its a brain game that requires strategy and alot of thinking.

Heres the question what if you know your class and knows how to use your brain?
    >The answer is simple, do it in less than an hour and never come back in it (till next expansion since there would be a diferent iL).
    There is no reason to come back after clearing it. Its plainly a bonus and secret raid not part of the lore nor any expansion. Its just for people who wants to expirience something not found in wow at the same time get a reward worth trying hard.
    And you are ignoring the other part of my argument. Someone should not be giving a BiS weapon for doing something that takes one hour.

It does not reward a legandary. You farm the legendary in there own raid. The reward is a token that lets you upgrade what ever legendary you curently have which you worked so hard to get into the curent iL of the expansion. It takes months to farm thunderfury so as sulfuras thinking you can farm it by pulling everything and killing them all at once. Take in mind the farming in the legendary dagger and staff of catalism. You will need to atain those and must have it in your bag.

It does NOT give legendary but rewards you with an item that lets you use one in the curent expansion. Rather than let it sit in your bag as vanity item after all the work you have done to aquire it. Some people even deleted it since its useless...but heres the question. What if you can use it again? thats my point.

It does not reward a legandary. You farm the legendary in there own raid. The reward is a token that lets you upgrade what ever legendary you curently have which you worked so hard to get into the curent iL of the expansion. It takes months to farm thunderfury so as sulfuras thinking you can farm it by pulling everything and killing them all at once. Take in mind the farming in the legendary dagger and staff of catalism. You will need to atain those and must have it in your bag.

It does NOT give legendary but rewards you with an item that lets you use one in the curent expansion. Rather than let it sit in your bag as vanity item after all the work you have done to aquire it. Some people even deleted it since its useless...but heres the question. What if you can use it again? thats my point.
    It is the same thing. Many people have at least one legendary, they are extremely easy to obtain. You can go with the Vanilla and BC legendaries which are just drop chance or the wrath/cata legendaries which just take a few weeks of farming. They are not hard to obtain, and blizzard has said in a blue post that they did not want people to have to do outdated content to get gear equivalent to current raid tier gear.

If you have no legendary in your bag then doing the raid and completing it rewards you with a token thats worth nothing.
    Like what I have said, you will need A legendary in your bag...meaning you will still do all the hard work in getting those. The raid does NOT reward a legendary, but instead lets you use old legendary you worked hard to get which has become obsolete and a vanity item you spam at trade chat. You cant even transmog items to look like legendary.

Who doesnt want to use there Glaives? or the Thunderfury? Rather than let it sit in your bag or delete is cause it does nothing. Why not use it again in the current expansion? Thats my idea. You worked hard and that effort has gone to waste once a new expansion has release. All you hard work is flushed in the toilet and all thats left is an item that is useless.

If you have no legendary in your bag then doing the raid and completing it rewards you with a token thats worth nothing.
    Like what I have said, you will need A legendary in your bag...meaning you will still do all the hard work in getting those. The raid does NOT reward a legendary, but instead lets you use old legendary you worked hard to get which has become obsolete and a vanity item you spam at trade chat. You cant even transmog items to look like legendary.

Who doesnt want to use there Glaives? or the Thunderfury? Rather than let it sit in your bag or delete is cause it does nothing. Why not use it again in the current expansion? Thats my idea. You worked hard and that effort has gone to waste once a new expansion has release. All you hard work is flushed in the toilet and all thats left is an item that is useless.
    Again, Blizzard has already said they will not do this. Also, you do not work hard to get an old legendary. Dailies are harder than farming for legendaries.

We already have this. Its called the brawlers guild. You can also have some fun soloing old raids.

Deleted
    Legendaries should be a guild effort.
    Not something you go and do alone.
    So no.

But.
    Like someone else mentioned earlier, this is what i hoped Brawlers would be like.
    So not a bad idea to make a 1man raid, but i would call it a scenario or dungeon, or something else. Raid isnt really the right word for it.
    And there shouldnt have to be some great reward imo, just vanity stuff. Maybe a transmogable version of a legendary?